U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 05:54 PM

6,450 posts, read 3,456,304 times

Advertisements

And the dynasty will end they say. It's the changing of the guards they say. The Chargers are the most balanced team in the AFC.

I was there today. Rivers was rattled, bitching and moaning all game. The Pats were precision in the first half. Edelman played on fire, as did Brady and Michel....and the team.

I was disappointed in the 2nd half though. We slowed down. I'm not saying it should have ended 70-14. Don't like soft big lead play calling. Don't like the obvious running in the 2nd half. We didn't play 60 minutes of football. We're going to have to in Arrowhead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 06:14 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,958,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
And the dynasty will end they say. It's the changing of the guards they say. The Chargers are the most balanced team in the AFC.

I was there today. Rivers was rattled, bitching and moaning all game. The Pats were precision in the first half. Edelman played on fire, as did Brady and Michel....and the team.

I was disappointed in the 2nd half though. We slowed down. I'm not saying it should have ended 70-14. Don't like soft big lead play calling. Don't like the obvious running in the 2nd half. We didn't play 60 minutes of football. We're going to have to in Arrowhead.
Honestly, that was a Patriots offense and defense I have not seen in a while........they played with precision.

The Chargers must really be wondering what happened. We have been critiqued for our defense all year and today they were smoking hot.

A little fun tidbit from the Patriots past. Those of us long time fans remember all to well the truth to this article............we have come a long way!

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-co...224615795.html

Old 01-13-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Honestly, that was a Patriots offense and defense I have not seen in a while........they played with precision.

The Chargers must really be wondering what happened. We have been critiqued for our defense all year and today they were smoking hot.

A little fun tidbit from the Patriots past. Those of us long time fans remember all to well the truth to this article............we have come a long way!

I went to the first game played at Schaefer Stadium against the Giants and Fran Tarkenton (my then hero as an 11 year older). Full on Pats fan when Grogan arrived in 1975. We were what the Browns have been recently before Mayfield. Now we have a dynasty that might never get matched. And an 8th straight AFC Championship game in the era of parity.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:25 PM

468 posts, read 166,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

Nice to receive a report from someone who was at the game...thank you....I did not see the game and in looking at the stats just now I see Rob Gronkowski caught 1 ball for 25 yards....did he play much and how did he look to you ?

Old 01-13-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY 915 View Post
Nice to receive a report from someone who was at the game...thank you....I did not see the game and in looking at the stats just now I see Rob Gronkowski caught 1 ball for 25 yards....did he play much and how did he look to you ?
That was his only target. He was in for blocking and was on the field plenty.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:08 AM

This Pats NFL dynasty is the greatest that the NFL has ever seen, and will most likely never be seen again. The NFL strives for parity and it seems to work except with Kraft, Belichick & Brady in Foxboro. Nearing the end of the 2nd DECADE of this dynasty, now we see 8 straight AFC Championship game appearances, and will be the 13th appearance for this dynasty.

It will end, but all of the naysayers and loud-mouthed media like Kellerman, Parker, Wright, Sharpe, whoever who has been for years saying the dynasty is over have lost all credibility in my eyes as analysts or reporters.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:50 PM

22,876 posts, read 19,300,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Great post, HH. My thing is for fans whining about Patriots, don't whine at them, whine at your team. How about other teams stopping them? Yes, they looked out of sorts some this year, even I thought well, maybe they are slowing down.

However, when push comes to shove, they are ready to play. Home field advantage is nice, don't like it, win some more games so they don't get it. As someone has said, you play to win the game, this is the object, one team winning so much, do something about it. My niece is a Chargers fan, this is what I told her, don't direct your anger at the Patriots, look at your own team!
Excellent post, susan. Truth hurts though and they will never stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post

Lol, I remember those days. I even participated in some of that bad behavior when I got of legal drinking age!

Old 01-17-2019, 07:34 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Getting close...........GO PATS!!!!!

Old 01-17-2019, 08:23 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,957,524 times
Can it really be 17 years since the Pats won their first super bowl? Who would have thought then that they'd go on to win four more and we'd be her in 2019 with a chance to win another with the same QB and coach?

Old 01-17-2019, 12:32 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,222,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Can it really be 17 years since the Pats won their first super bowl? Who would have thought then that they'd go on to win four more and we'd be her in 2019 with a chance to win another with the same QB and coach?
The crazy thing would be if they played the RAMs where it all started. That RAM team where many of those players a long retired and in the HOF... been through several new coaches/QBs and are now in a different city than they were way back when.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or