U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
What a game ! Gronk came up huge tonight
From Goat to hero in the span of about two plays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 09:19 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
If he does, the Patriots aren't going away either as I believe the engine is Bill. Tom is a sure fire hall of famer but I think Beliecheck is what makes the team go.

Case in point: whatever year Brady got injured the first half of the first game and was out the entire year (2009?? 08 maybe??) That team with Matt freaking Cassell finished 11-5. Unfortunately they missed out on a playoff that year because of a tiebreaker, but that's only like the 4th or 5th team that had 11 wins and missed a playoff, so that's bad luck more than anything. And what has Cassell done since leaving New England and that system?? Nothing!

Old 01-20-2019, 09:27 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,057,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
We will! The way Tom talked after the game to his family, I wonder if he is thinking of retiring after this SB?? Just a feeling.
Not a chance Brady retires if they win...not a chance

Old 01-20-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
If he does, the Patriots aren't going away either as I believe the engine is Bill. Tom is a sure fire hall of famer but I think Beliecheck is what makes the team go.

Case in point: whatever year Brady got injured the first half of the first game and was out the entire year (2009?? 08 maybe??) That team with Matt freaking Cassell finished 11-5. Unfortunately they missed out on a playoff that year because of a tiebreaker, but that's only like the 4th or 5th team that had 11 wins and missed a playoff, so that's bad luck more than anything. And what has Cassell done since leaving New England and that system?? Nothing!
The team lost 5 more games than the season prior so your case in point really doesnít prove much

Once Brady retires this team fades into mediocrity with or without Belichick

Old 01-20-2019, 09:44 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Quote:
Not a chance Brady retires if they win...not a chance

I would think he would go out a winner, no?? He wasn't as dominant this season as he'd been in his prior 16, so it's obvious Father Time is catching up to him. With the new crop of QBs in the league it's only a matter of time until he gets bounced in the Wildcard round or Divisional Round, and that could very well happen next year.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
The team lost 5 more games than the season prior so your case in point really doesn’t prove much

Once Brady retires this team fades into mediocrity with or without Belichick
I wouldn’t sell Belicheck that short. You probably don’t remember what mediocrity is. I wouldn’t bet against BB taking a bradyless Pats team to a couple AFC title games at the least. Say two in five years. But at his age I’m just not sure he’ll want to stick around for five years after Brady retires whenever that even is.

I can’t remember a team that has been able to change their colors so to speak as much as the Patriots do year to year and week to week. And the defense is seldom really bad. And just like the offense they tend to get better late in the season. It’s not all Brady. Brady has had his clutch moments this year but even more the Pats have been an absolutely dominant running team this year. Got to give the HC some credit for that.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:57 PM

6,459 posts, read 3,461,270 times
What a game. After a strange off season and an un-Patriot like march to an 11-5 season, Brady & Belichick will be playing in their 9th Super Bowl as a Coach/QB team, and representing the AFC 50% of the the time in this dynasty, 9 times. The NFL will NEVER see any run from a team like this again, ever. Brady showed his greatness with two key drives late in the 4th and in OT. He's now pouring the 2nd layer of concrete on his legacy as GOAT.

Old 01-20-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
I would think he would go out a winner, no?? He wasn't as dominant this season as he'd been in his prior 16, so it's obvious Father Time is catching up to him. With the new crop of QBs in the league it's only a matter of time until he gets bounced in the Wildcard round or Divisional Round, and that could very well happen next year.
Heís not going to go out until the Patriots are losers. As long as BB is there with him it could be a very longtime until the Pats are losers. Or a couple of the other teams in the division could catch fire with a young QB and keep the Patriots out of the playoffs for day two straight seasons. I donít think Brady cares is his numbers are pedestrian to the league leaders if he is going to conference title games every year.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
1. There isn't a QB on the Pats roster to lead them next year, Brady wouldn't leave the Kraft's with no successor in place.

2. Brady's entire post NFL playing days plan, the TB12 Method is predicated on showing that elite athletes can perform well into their 40's with his own experience as the prime example. If he fails to continue playing past this season his entire post playing retirement plan for his life goes poof.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I wouldnít sell Belicheck that short. You probably donít remember what mediocrity is. I wouldnít bet against BB taking a bradyless Pats team to a couple AFC title games at the least. Say two in five years. But at his age Iím just not sure heíll want to stick around for five years after Brady retires whenever that even is.

I canít remember a team that has been able to change their colors so to speak as much as the Patriots do year to year and week to week. And the defense is seldom really bad. And just like the offense they tend to get better late in the season. Itís not all Brady. Brady has had his clutch moments this year but even more the Pats have been an absolutely dominant running team this year. Got to give the HC some credit for that.
You really think ANY other QB makes the clutch drives, the clutch 3rd down throws? Brady now has 12 game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime in the PLAYOFFS

The TD drives after TD drives even after earlier miscues??

Aaron Rodgers has 2 game winning drives in the playoffs....Brady has 12...

Brady now has TWICE as many game winning drives as the next closest QB in playoff history

Brady is the most clutch QB of all time and there won't be annual trips to the AFC Championship Games after he retires...

How many AFC Championship trips for the Bills since Kelly retired??

I first sat in the Schaefer Stadium cold metal bleachers when Grogan was QB and lived through the Hugh Millen years, I remember very well what mediocrity felt like and when Brady goes it will return...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or