U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2019, 01:53 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,863,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You really think ANY other QB makes the clutch drives, the clutch 3rd down throws? Brady now has 12 game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime in the PLAYOFFS

The TD drives after TD drives even after earlier miscues??

Aaron Rodgers has 2 game winning drives in the playoffs....Brady has 12...

Brady now has TWICE as many game winning drives as the next closest QB in playoff history

Brady is the most clutch QB of all time and there won't be annual trips to the AFC Championship Games after he retires...

How many AFC Championship trips for the Bills since Kelly retired??

I first sat in the Schaefer Stadium cold metal bleachers when Grogan was QB and lived through the Hugh Millen years, I remember very well what mediocrity felt like and when Brady goes it will return...

I never said annual. I said two out of five years. BB could absolutely do that. And Iím not talking about winning just going to the conference title game. Moot point though because I donít think we will see BB coach more than a couple years at most after Brady retires.

Remember Brady is not the only GOAT on that team. Belicheck is as much a GOAT as Brady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 05:59 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,968,066 times
Brady is and was the man..........but the coaching staff both offensive and defensive along with the coach and players make this team what it is.

The missed throws and interceptions were on Brady, but having all those around him helped him quickly recover and do what he and the team does best.

How long will Coach B keep coaching..........my personal opinion is he wants to have the opportunity to cement his legacy and prove he can find another QB and still get to the playoffs.

Looking forward to hearing what Shannon Sharpe has to say about was supposed to be a heavily favored KC losing to the Pats

Old 01-21-2019, 07:41 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,968,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Brady is and was the man..........but the coaching staff both offensive and defensive along with the coach and players make this team what it is.

The missed throws and interceptions were on Brady, but having all those around him helped him quickly recover and do what he and the team does best.

How long will Coach B keep coaching..........my personal opinion is he wants to have the opportunity to cement his legacy and prove he can find another QB and still get to the playoffs.

Looking forward to hearing what Shannon Sharpe has to say about was supposed to be a heavily favored KC losing to the Pats

Watching Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed with Skip Bayless this morning admit the Patriots are part of a Dynasty that we may never see again and that Tom Brady is the greatest of all time is PRICELESS

Old 01-21-2019, 08:49 AM

11,877 posts, read 8,282,208 times
What a HUGE win against the Chiefs last night. It was a real battle between 2 great teams and I think if the Pats didn't win the coin toss for OT they would have lost the game.

The Patriots had the Chargers number and beat them convincingly but with the Chiefs they needed a dosage of their magic luck. I just hoped they saved some of that MOJO for the Superbowl.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:19 AM

I don't think the Rams stand a chance. Patriots are rolling. Patriots always play close super bowls so it will likely be a tight game. But I would be shocked if the Rams win.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 AM

2,275 posts, read 3,177,913 times
Glenn Ordway from Weei owes Brady an apology. Even Lou Merloni warned him not to bet against him.

Felger & Mazz from Sportshub should, too. But those guys will lie through their noises before admitting they were wrong.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:28 AM

18,020 posts, read 8,950,715 times
Not a Pats fan at all, but you have to give them credit. They are back in it yet again, and will probably win.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:48 PM

4,988 posts, read 11,069,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I never said annual. I said two out of five years. BB could absolutely do that. And Iím not talking about winning just going to the conference title game. Moot point though because I donít think we will see BB coach more than a couple years at most after Brady retires.

Remember Brady is not the only GOAT on that team. Belicheck is as much a GOAT as Brady.
They are both GOATs and Brady wouldn't be Brady without Belichick but you seem to think Belichick would be Belichick without Brady....doesn't work that way

The 2 seasons that Brady wasn't the QB when Belichick was coaching the Pats they didn't even make the playoffs once with Bledsoe and once with Cassell. He made the playoffs one year with the Browns but not AFC Championship.

Brady has made a lot of questionably talented teams look better than they were just as much as Belichick's schemes...this year included.

Name one "elite" receiving threat on the Pats that should scare any other team....Brady makes chicken ****e into chicken salad never more evident than these last 2 playoff games....

People want to put Brees into the same GOAT conversation with Brady.....yet despite the horrendous call against the Saints yesterday Brees had the ball first in OT just like Brady....

One QB delivered a game winning TD the other a game losing INT.....There is only 1 GOAT and neither Brees nor Rodgers belong in the conversation....

Old 01-21-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
They are both GOATs and Brady wouldn't be Brady without Belichick but you seem to think Belichick would be Belichick without Brady....doesn't work that way
Nope. I never suggested that. If anything, you are going completely in the other direction suggesting a bradyless Pats team would be mediocre. I think that is discounting Belicheck far more than me simply suggesting the Pats would still have some success in the playoffs.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
People want to put Brees into the same GOAT conversation with Brady.....yet despite the horrendous call against the Saints yesterday Brees had the ball first in OT just like Brady....

One QB delivered a game winning TD the other a game losing INT.....There is only 1 GOAT and neither Brees nor Rodgers belong in the conversation....
People is more like person. Very, very few would even consider not having Brady alone at the top. I would just ignore any of that talk.

It goes

Brady>>>>Peyton>>>>Brees/Rodgers in terms of modern QBs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or