U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2019, 02:40 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,057,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Nope. I never suggested that. If anything, you are going completely in the other direction suggesting a bradyless Pats team would be mediocre. I think that is discounting Belicheck far more than me simply suggesting the Pats would still have some success in the playoffs.
We have to agree to disagree, I've been following this team for over 40 years and I absolutely believe the Pats would be/will be mediocre without Brady and with Belichick...

There is no evidence to the contrary....

Now if Garoppolo were still here I would agree ( to a point I still think Jimmy G is over rated) but with no QB savior in sight Belichick can't coach Hoyer or some other cast off to the playoffs.....

Every team BB coached without Brady was mediocre....including the 11-5 team QB'd by Matt Cassell which many point to as "proof" that anyone could QB the Pats to a good record

Never mind the fact that team was "stacked" with talent and went undefeated the season before so 5 more losses is actually significant...

Never mind the fact that team missed the playoffs despite going 11-5

Never mind the fact, that if memory serves, that 11-5 team beat only 2 teams all season with a winning record...

Never mind the fact that Cassell wasn't as "bad" as people make him out to be, he made a Pro Bowl with the Chiefs and he was certainly better than what is on the roster now or likely to be available where the Pats will be drafting the next couple of seasons..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 03:47 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Now if Garoppolo were still here I would agree ( to a point I still think Jimmy G is over rated) but with no QB savior in sight Belichick can't coach Hoyer or some other cast off to the playoffs.....
Keep in mind you only have to be better than the other three teams in the division when talking making the playoffs. Until the Jets, Bills or Dolphins have a legitimate franchise QB the Patriots won't even need a guy as good as Garoppolo to contend. They don't have anyone now behind Brady but that can change in a hurry. Both the Bills and Jets might have a jump start on a future franchise QB over the Patriots but both guys still have work to do to prove it.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:32 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,293,973 times
The Pats dominated...….LA should be wary

Total yards: Pats 524 Chiefs 290
First downs: Pats 36 Chiefs 18
Time of Possession: Pats 43:59 Chiefs 20:53
Rush yards: Pats 176 yards Chiefs 41 yards
Passing Yards: Pats 348 yards Chiefs 295 yards

Old 01-22-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
The Pats dominated....LA should be wary

Now they just have to do it again....against another dominant offensive team.

Goff isn't terrible but he sure doesn't scare me the way Mahomes does.

I like our chances.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:52 PM

6,455 posts, read 3,461,270 times
Quote:
Now they just have to do it again....against another dominant offensive team.

Goff isn't terrible but he sure doesn't scare me the way Mahomes does.

I like our chances.
Donald and Suh concern me. the O-Line has been playing great for the Pats, but the Chiefs did not pose the threat on defense that the Rams do.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:57 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Goff can be rattled. Bears destroyed him and Eagles took it too him in most of the game when they played. He’s an okay Qb that can play at an elite level because of the players around him and great scheming by a very good offensive mind. The key will be can Belicheck take away what McVay wants to do?

Old 01-23-2019, 12:53 AM

11,057 posts, read 3,763,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Donald and Suh concern me. the O-Line has been playing great for the Pats, but the Chiefs did not pose the threat on defense that the Rams do.

yeah but the Rams LB's and secondary (except Talib) are average. Brady can exploit Peters and the LB's..........Chargers have a better defense than the Rams and Pats dominated the Chargers.

Chargers #9 rank defense in the league......Rams #19.

Kansas City defense at Arrow Head are tough with that crowd noise. They pretty much shut down the Colts last week. Tough place to win. They only lost 1 game at home all season by 1 point to the division rival Chargers.

If the Rams had to play the Chiefs at Arrowhead in that cold weather and crowd noise they would lose badly like they did against the Bears.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:54 PM

If any Pats fans haven't seen it already, go to Youtube and search "Pats locker room AFC Championship"

Not the "official Patriots version" there is an unedited version that is absolutely spectacular behind the scenes footage...Brady is an F bomb machine, literally every other word out of his mouth which is hilarious....

Well worth the view....I would link it but not sure that would be kosher considering the NSFW nature

Old 01-23-2019, 07:29 PM

6,455 posts, read 3,461,270 times
Quote:
If any Pats fans haven't seen it already, go to Youtube and search "Pats locker room AFC Championship"

Not the "official Patriots version" there is an unedited version that is absolutely spectacular behind the scenes footage...Brady is an F bomb machine, literally every other word out of his mouth which is hilarious....

Well worth the view....I would link it but not sure that would be kosher considering the NSFW nature
Edelman - paraphrasing - That's why I play to make you great. Selfless. And Brady didn't have Gisele or the kids around so it was an f-bomb attack.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:51 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
The Pats dominated....LA should be wary

Of the 11 other teams in the NFL playoffs, the Pats played 4 and were 4 - 0.
The Chiefs played 6 and were 2 - 4.
The Rams played 7 and were 4 - 3.

Odd year for the Pats in that they lost 5 games to teams that didn't make the playoffs and did so well against the better teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or