U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 AM

689 posts, read 338,844 times

Advertisements

The Patriots D played amazing. Shut down a high powered O to a measly 3 pts. Pats D always been good enough to compete but they were elite last night. That new D coordinator seems to be better than Patricia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 09:02 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,962,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
The Patriots D played amazing. Shut down a high powered O to a measly 3 pts. Pats D always been good enough to compete but they were elite last night. That new D coordinator seems to be better than Patricia.
Unfortunately he is probably heading to Miami to be head coach. Wish he would stay; Gronk plays another year; and Josh Gordon gets sober and comes back...

Old 02-04-2019, 09:31 AM

22,890 posts, read 19,331,879 times
Now will Julian please shave????

Old 02-04-2019, 09:31 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,006 times
Is Gilmore the best free agent signing of the Belicheck era? He got off to a rocky start to say the least. But since then, he has had a major hand, no pun intended in either reaching or winning the last two two super bowls.

Against the Jags he broke up Bortles pass, which IIRC, had it been completed the Jags likely would have won the AFCCG.

And last night he plays far off of Cooks so to not be beat deep and reads Goff the whole way to easily get the pick on the short jump ball that Goff threw.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:55 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Julian loses Mountain Man

https://www.patriots.com/news/julian...beard-on-ellen

Old 02-09-2019, 05:19 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,160,222 times
I'll take him back......always was a fan. Clutch player.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-rumors-...182848019.html

Old 02-09-2019, 08:24 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,862,006 times
Worth a shot. But I would be cautious as he'll turn 34 mid-season next year.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:37 AM

22,890 posts, read 19,331,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Thanks for posting that, metal. I was going to go looking for it, now I don't have to. Mmm, mmmm, he is one fine specimen! Where do I get that poster Ellen showed ???? <--------- rhetorical question. Mmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmm.

Never mind, I found the pic.

Last edited by tamiznluv; 02-13-2019 at 11:54 AM..

Old 02-19-2019, 10:05 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Sit back and reflect. We Patriots fans have all witnessed a season for the ages, yet strikingly and amazingly one of many seasons for the ages this team has produced. So many it's called a dynasty, a Goliath one. This has been the strangest and most wonderful year.

There are random moments this year, reflections, whatever you want to call it, to describe/define this season from my memory.

Brady taking a knee for #6. A fitting end to this season, and nothing like the previous five Super Bowl victories that had last second drama. It took a while but we took a 10 pt lead late. The missed field goal was a perfect setup.

The Patriots beat the Kansas City Chiefs, twice. Mahomes had a historic rookie season. Their offense was akin to the Pats 2007 offense, electrifying. From coaching to executing we beat them at the game of football from all sides and angles.

The Miami Miracle. I generally never feel a game is won or lost on one play. I can look back and point to many plays that altered the result. But that one play, an impossible play against the Patriots, but it happened. The only Pats game in my life I say was lost on one play.

Preseason, chatter I was not accustomed to. Compared to all previous years, the beginning of this season was odd. I had never heard so many grumblings coming out of the locker room. So un-Patriot like. But in hindsight, the way this team succeeded leads me to believe they gelled big time behind closed doors. They were a united team, and overcame a lot (though most outsiders will just say poo to that).

Gronk and Edelman. When it counted (and beyond), they had a lot of highlight reel plays, lots.

Sony Michel. A rough start heightened by us harsh and spoiled fans calling for his head (well, maybe not spoiled, but many think we are). Wow. If he can stay healthy and continue to be that Michel, this rookie season can only mean great things to come.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:50 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,017,708 times
Golden Tate is a name that has been rumored as potential help at WR for the Patriots. My one concern with him is that he seems to be most comfortable working in the slot and that is Edelman's spot. What do you guys think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or