U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 05:44 PM

5,014 posts, read 11,123,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Schiano comes, Schiano goes. That was fast. Sounds like he reevaluated his personal life and it was too much. Still though, wish he had thought about it before taking the position. I guess he saw what Belichick did once and figured why not me.
Crazy right???

I wonder if they even bother with a D coordinator this season, maybe BB just runs the D.

Glad Mayo came on board, everything I ever heard about this guy indicated he was a coach on the field and destined to be a coach some day....

He may have to learn quite a bit on the fly....
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 08:53 AM

538 posts, read 477,414 times
N'keal Harry is the first WR taken in the first round by Belichick. Not a blazing fast guy, but can make tough catches and is great after the catch. The guy I keep hearing him compared to is Anquan Boldin, who I was always a fan of. If he can pick up the offense quickly, he should be an upgrade over Chris Hogan as the second WR behind Edelman.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:56 PM

6,552 posts, read 3,514,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
N'keal Harry is the first WR taken in the first round by Belichick. Not a blazing fast guy, but can make tough catches and is great after the catch. The guy I keep hearing him compared to is Anquan Boldin, who I was always a fan of. If he can pick up the offense quickly, he should be an upgrade over Chris Hogan as the second WR behind Edelman.
Who did we lose? Gronk. What are Harry's strengths? Like Gronk isn't blazing fast to create separation but on the contested 50/50 catches he should win more times than not and can block, just like Gronk. I like the pick.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Who did we lose? Gronk. What are Harry's strengths? Like Gronk isn't blazing fast to create separation but on the contested 50/50 catches he should win more times than not and can block, just like Gronk. I like the pick.
I love the Harry pick and the Winovich pick....very excited about those 2....

Stidham could be a real steal as well, he was projected to be one of the best QB's in this draft before the season but much of what held him back was out of his control with depleted resources around him...

Overall I think this was a solid draft...was hoping they would double dip at WR ( Hunter Renfrow was the 2nd guy I wanted) also disappointed they didn't address TE in a draft that was stacked with TE talent...

Maybe they can get someone in trade....Kyle Rudolph?

If not the TE group is going to be incredibly weak and will also impact the strength of the running game we saw last year....both Allen and Gronk were top blocking TE's....we have no one on the roster to fill either role

Old 04-27-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I love the Harry pick and the Winovich pick....very excited about those 2....

Stidham could be a real steal as well, he was projected to be one of the best QB's in this draft before the season but much of what held him back was out of his control with depleted resources around him...

Overall I think this was a solid draft...was hoping they would double dip at WR ( Hunter Renfrow was the 2nd guy I wanted) also disappointed they didn't address TE in a draft that was stacked with TE talent...

Maybe they can get someone in trade....Kyle Rudolph?

If not the TE group is going to be incredibly weak and will also impact the strength of the running game we saw last year....both Allen and Gronk were top blocking TE's....we have no one on the roster to fill either role
Harry can block, and who says he won't line up inside on plays where blocking is needed? Harris and Michel - really excited about the potential. And White our pass catching back can line up anywhere. Just because with Gronk focus was on TE doesn't mean this team isn't morphing into something different without him.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Harry can block, and who says he won't line up inside on plays where blocking is needed? Harris and Michel - really excited about the potential. And White our pass catching back can line up anywhere. Just because with Gronk focus was on TE doesn't mean this team isn't morphing into something different without him.
Harry can block....like a WR blocks...downfield. NO chance he is used as an in-line blocker like a TE would be used that's just not a role any WR can fill, heck there are fewer TE's that can do it these days.

The offense will have to morph into something else if the Pats don't get another TE or two in trade, free agency whatever....I'm not even worried about the drop off in TE receiving production as much as the loss of 2 excellent run blocking TE's in Allen and Gronk with no one on the roster to fill that role.

As it stands right now the only in-line blocking TE would be Izzo who has the size but he may not even make the team. Jenkins has the size but he is not and has never been very good in the run blocking department...

I do like the Harris pick and combining him with Michel, White, Burkhead....we are well stocked with RB's, just hope the line can open up holes for them with no Trent Brown and no TE's to block...

Old 04-28-2019, 09:13 AM

4,339 posts, read 1,887,285 times
I really like the CB you guys took in the second round. This is just based on his interview after being drafted. You can tell he is a high character guy. He actually has some physical resemblance to Gilmore i think took if IIRC.

And yeah, Harry will be a good blocker like T.O. or Robert Woods. But he's not blocking linebackers of DE's with any consistency.

All three AFC East rivals took interior D-lineman with their first selections. Anything to look into?

Old 04-30-2019, 09:50 PM

538 posts, read 477,414 times
Overall a solid draft.

- A WR that could contribute from Day 1, which is badly needed.
- A 6'4 CB that can be brought along slowly with the depth at the position, can match up against big receiving threats on opposing teams much like Brandon Browner in 2014.
- Winovich seems like a Gronk type personality and team first guy, also a solid edge rusher.
- Maybe a top 3 RB in the draft to add to an already deep stable of backs.
- Two OL prospects to add to the Coach Scar development pipeline, great move with Thuney being in a contract year and Cannon getting older and more injury prone.
- A QB that may be the next starter, or maybe the next solid backup, good use of a 4th rounder.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:03 AM

5,094 posts, read 1,898,724 times
Video from the New England Patriots Sixth Superbowl Championship Ring Ceremony

Old Today, 09:28 PM

What do you guys think about Josh Gordon being reinstated?

I posted this thread in the Pro Football forum:

Josh Gordon reinstated - a lot is at stake here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or