U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,187,353 times

Advertisements

DO you want me to find you articles that talk about the Ravens late hitting? There is an article out there for any side you want dude. You lost, get a tissue wipe Ray Ray and Reed's tears, then wipe yours and move on. Bunch of damn whiners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 AM

Here is an article from the BALTIMORE paper about all the crying...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/*******/2009/10/ravens_both_sides_now.html (broken link)

I notice you didnt bring up the no call on Ray Ray spearing Brady when he went into a protected slide. hmmmm

Old 10-06-2009, 05:52 AM

124 posts, read 142,216 times
Both of those calls were correct. You can hate the rule all you want, Suggs purposely tried to roll up on Brady, the other roughing call the guy hit his facemask so hard that it ended up by his forehead. Much more blatant than the roughing call on Mike Wright. Rules are rules, like 'em or not. Don't hit the QB in the head, don't hit them in the legs when you're on the ground. Pretty simple. BTW, excuses are like, well, you know. . . . .

Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
DO you want me to find you articles that talk about the Ravens late hitting? There is an article out there for any side you want dude. You lost, get a tissue wipe Ray Ray and Reed's tears, then wipe yours and move on. Bunch of damn whiners.
One can find any article they want damning a team or actions in a game, but they did lose, and need to deal with it like the men they(Ravens) say they are. Shouldn't Lewis' comment on ESPN been more like this; "To be down in Atlanta and party your heart out, then stab a man and get away with it....Wow!....Wow!" I think that is more like it.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 AM

With all due respect, Ray never was convicted of stabbing anyone. Lets not stoop to that level.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:57 AM

735 posts, read 1,448,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevman View Post
Both of those calls were correct. You can hate the rule all you want, Suggs purposely tried to roll up on Brady, the other roughing call the guy hit his facemask so hard that it ended up by his forehead. Much more blatant than the roughing call on Mike Wright. Rules are rules, like 'em or not. Don't hit the QB in the head, don't hit them in the legs when you're on the ground. Pretty simple. BTW, excuses are like, well, you know. . . . .
Was the spot on the fake field goal correct? You know, the one where the ball was a full yard short and the Ravens turned over the ball on downs, but no, the refs spotted the Pats the extra yard, but no, it was reviewed, but no, the refs still got it wrong and NE gets a FG out of it.

No matter how you slice it, Brady is a pansy for begging for a flag when his own man pushed Suggs into him.

Great offense. Have your guy push their guy into your QB. If her name is Tom Brady, it's an automatic 15 yards and new set of downs.

If you think that was a good call, you don't know football.

Also, what about the Non PI calls on the two pass plays to the endzone before the ball Clayton dropped. Don't tell me you didn't see those.

There was also the Grounding call on Flacco when he was outside of the pocket, and the non call on Brady when he was in the pocket. Oh, I guess you didn't see those either.

Anyway, I feel good that even with all of that, the Ravens were that close to pulling out the win on the road, anyway. I have no doubt that the Ravens are a better team and they are still just getting it all together. I think the other teams have more respect for the Ravens then most of the people on these boards do.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:20 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
With all due respect, Ray never was convicted of stabbing anyone. Lets not stoop to that level.
I forgot, he was exonerated in a court of "law".........my fault.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Was the spot on the fake field goal correct? You know, the one where the ball was a full yard short and the Ravens turned over the ball on downs, but no, the refs spotted the Pats the extra yard, but no, it was reviewed, but no, the refs still got it wrong and NE gets a FG out of it.

No matter how you slice it, Brady is a pansy for begging for a flag when his own man pushed Suggs into him.

Great offense. Have your guy push their guy into your QB. If her name is Tom Brady, it's an automatic 15 yards and new set of downs.

If you think that was a good call, you don't know football.

Also, what about the Non PI calls on the two pass plays to the endzone before the ball Clayton dropped. Don't tell me you didn't see those.

There was also the Grounding call on Flacco when he was outside of the pocket, and the non call on Brady when he was in the pocket. Oh, I guess you didn't see those either.

Anyway, I feel good that even with all of that, the Ravens were that close to pulling out the win on the road, anyway. I have no doubt that the Ravens are a better team and they are still just getting it all together. I think the other teams have more respect for the Ravens then most of the people on these boards do.

Dude you blast Brady for the exact same crap your doing now. Being a whiney lil ******. Again you wont touch the Ray Lewis spearing into Brady when he is in a protected slide? You're very 1 sided. I know there were some bad calls, both ways. The penalty on Suggs was not warranted, but guess what, the refs are part of the game also. When the Ravens play a 100% error free game then they or anyone else can expect the refs to be 100% error free. Why arent you bashing butter fingers Clayton for dropping the 4th down pass? Lemme guess we cheated on that too. Your whining makes you look bad and you make it worse by continuing to harp on the same BS.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:17 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,480 times
I think Clayton dropping the pass on 4th down late should be the focal point of the discussion, but it really did look like Brady basically told the ref to throw the flag and he obliged. It's part of the game, but I can see why it would get under the skin of a ravens fan. I hate to compare it to this, because it makes it seem like I am hating on Boston, but as a Bulls fan, this reminds me of when Paul Pierce flops all over the place. Playing the refs is a part of the game, no doubt, I just wish it wasn't.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I think Clayton dropping the pass on 4th down late should be the focal point of the discussion, but it really did look like Brady basically told the ref to throw the flag and he obliged. It's part of the game, but I can see why it would get under the skin of a ravens fan. I hate to compare it to this, because it makes it seem like I am hating on Boston, but as a Bulls fan, this reminds me of when Paul Pierce flops all over the place. Playing the refs is a part of the game, no doubt, I just wish it wasn't.
Like Michael Jordan getting calls or not getting obvious calls not called ? It happens in all sports with marque players man. Jordan and Kobe are two of the biggest of all time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or