U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-08-2010, 05:36 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,187,077 times
Reputation: 772

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Let's hope this ENDS all the Manning love. The national press & the "experts" had Tom Brady as Mannings ball-boy by gametime, lol. Brady & Manning have been switching off being 1 & 1a as to who the best QB in the NFL is. But here's a fact: Manning is 9-9 in his playoff history. And more to the point Brady has the mental edge on the field. Manning chocked the Superbowl away. Brady has better control of his emotions on the field, and that's as important as having physical gifts, if not more so. Let's not forget that the first half of Manning's career was like tonight's Superbowl.

I respect Manning, but he is not the best QB ever, heck, I would pick Brady every time if I had to win a big game. EVERY. TIME.

Shh.. the nation might have you killed for bringing to light what I have said for years about Peyton Manning and his "BIG GAME" ability. He is like Brett Favre, he is going to throw one to the other team when the pressure is on. As a PATS fan I have seen the Pats DB's do it to him time and again. The is a great statistical QB, but he's not a closer in big games, hasnt been since his colleg days at UT. Hell Tee Martin won a damn national title with the same team Peyton had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:28 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,799,437 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Hell Tee Martin won a damn national title with the same team Peyton had.
The Pats still won 11 games without Tom Brady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,799,437 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
As a PATS fan I have seen the Pats DB's do it to him time and again.
Not in awhile you haven't. Colts have beaten NE 5 of the last 6 times.

What's the last big game Brady won?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:30 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,187,077 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The Pats still won 11 games without Tom Brady.

CHAMPIONSHIP vs 11 Games in regular season??? I know in INDY you guys arent used to winning championships so winning 11 regular season games is your pride in joy, but in New England a super bowl trumps a good regular season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,187,077 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Not in awhile you haven't. Colts have beaten NE 5 of the last 6 times.

What's the last big game Brady won?
PSST... he has 3 superbowls. Peyton won has won 1, and even in Indianapolis 3 is more than 1.

14-3 post season vs Manning's 9-9... yeah ok. Go cry your sorrows away somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,799,437 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
CHAMPIONSHIP vs 11 Games in regular season??? I know in INDY you guys arent used to winning championships so winning 11 regular season games is your pride in joy, but in New England a super bowl trumps a good regular season.
Actually, we're used to winning at least 12 games a season.

No doubt you guys have your rings. I'm not trying to take that away from you. But in which direction do you really think the Pats are headed right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,187,077 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Actually, we're used to winning at least 12 games a season.

No doubt you guys have your rings. I'm not trying to take that away from you. But in which direction do you really think the Pats are headed right now?
Same as your Colts, getting younger on defense and older on offense. Peyton, Reggie, Dallas, Saturday arent getting any younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,799,437 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Same as your Colts, getting younger on defense and older on offense. Peyton, Reggie, Dallas, Saturday arent getting any younger.
Dallas is still young, and Peyton shows no signs of slowing down. Garcon and Collie have been solid, young additions.

Time will tell whether the Pats re-vamped D gets it together. If I were a Pats fan, I would be much more concerned about the offense, which appears to be going in the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Colorado
1,893 posts, read 3,521,494 times
Reputation: 2335
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Actually, we're used to winning at least 12 games a season.

No doubt you guys have your rings. I'm not trying to take that away from you. But in which direction do you really think the Pats are headed right now?
Keep compiling the numbers, stat boy. I'll look back on the Patriots superbowl championships...(championships is plural in case you didn't know.)

The Patriots will retool and be a force as long as Brady is under center.

The Colts will continue being the Atlanta Braves of the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,799,437 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Keep compiling the numbers, stat boy. I'll look back on the Patriots superbowl championships...(championships is plural in case you didn't know.)

The Patriots will retool and be a force as long as Brady is under center.

The Colts will continue being the Atlanta Braves of the NFL.
Colts are plural in the championships tally, too, you know.

Hey, spring training starts soon. Shouldn't you be out perfecting your "Yankees suck" chant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top