U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 07:31 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I am gonna give you some much crap when they do sign him.... I can totally see them signing him. They did sign Fred Taylor afterall.
I'll deserve crap if they sign him!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM

2,652 posts, read 7,800,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I'll deserve crap if they sign him!!
Actually he is the type of back they like to use. Catches out of the back field often. Pats need to shore up the pass D this year. Got shredded last year.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,187,353 times
How did they not give Arizona a 2nd rounder for Boldin and let him go to Baltimore for a 3rd and 4th??? WTF!

On the bright side they did come to terms with Wilfork today.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevman View Post
Adalius Thomas inactive, what a shocker.
Do NOT taunt the hoodie.
Later A D!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:56 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,988,984 times
You guys will be very pleased with McCourty

Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
You guys will be very pleased with McCourty

Twista- I cant honestly say I have any first hand knowlege of the kid or his ability, except for what I have seen on some of his tape. He doesnt look flashy but he does come across as a fundimentally solid player with a knowledge of where he is suppossed to be playing on the field. What can you share about him? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

As far as Cunningham, Hernandez and Spikes.. all have POTENTIAL to excell in their respective positions. Hernandez has great hands (something Ben Watson lacked, but is a average to below average blocker), Cunningham has good instincts on the edge and COULD provide a threat to free up Banta-Cain or someone on the DL. Spikes I think plays faster then his 40 time at the combine. He reminds me of a Teddy Bruschi but with a little more speed. When we took Teddy out of AZ no one had any idea where he would play or that he would be as good as he turned out. I think Spikes can be that kind of difference maker sooner rather than later IF he has the football IQ to grasp Belichicks defense concepts. I also like Gronkowski, holy cow this guy is a HUGE man for a TE. Right at 6'6" and over 260. He has decent hands and can block with the best of them. I think Tom will have some weapons to try and help with Welker being down early this season. Add to all this the fact that one of our best draft pick steals from last year at WR Tate will be ready to play this year and I think the Offense can do some things they could do last year. Now we just need to have a decent running game to compliment it and the AFC East could be a HUGE dog fight all year!

Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,988,984 times
I watched McCourty many a time as an RU student and fan. Not sure how he'll fit into BB's zone scheme but I know he's a classic overachiever high effort type with underrated ball skills. Not going to blow you away with glaring speed, nor does he have good hands, but he can stomp on a dime and swat anything away. Think of a bigger, but poor man's Asante Samuel. And he was a ST ace this year too. Led us in ST tackles, returned a few kicks for scores and blocked a punt or 2 if my memory serves me correctly.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 AM

1,335 posts, read 2,904,004 times
Two months from the start of the season, a month or so until things start getting going.

Any predictions on when Welker comes back? Or rising stars for the 2010 season?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:10 PM

Brandon Spikes I think will be a huge addition to the defense and the two tight ends Gronkowski and Hernandez will also make big contrabutions on offense. I think the Offense will morph out of the spread and see more power running and short passes to the TE's, especially in the red zone.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM

As expected the Pats came out in lots of power formations and minimal spread. Overall the team will change from week to week, but from what they had on the field vs the Saints its easy to see they will establish more of a running game this year. Gronkowski is a big big boy and I really liked what I saw out of Julian Edleman. I cant wait to have him and Welker on the field at the same time. My question come from our very young defense. I have never seen that many youngsters in a Bill Belechick defense. Banta-Cain, Bodden and Wilfork are probably the "senior citizens" on the starting core. We have a ton of young DB's, they need to produce this year. Chung, McCourty, Wilhite, Wheatley, Mariweather, Butler, McGowan, Sanders..... they have a bunch of players, question is which ones become play makers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or