U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 11:24 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,965,314 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I did not take it seriously.... I'll be watching in NH with a bunch of guys. Hoping for a good game... At least we won't have to hear about one of the teams being a cold weather team and other not being so... You do play football as it was meant to be played, outdoors, don't you? It still irks me to see these domes in Minnesota and Indianapolis.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 05:24 PM

3,019 posts, read 3,164,989 times
Way to go Pats!!! Can't remember the last time a TV station enforced the mercy rule after the 1st series in the 3rd quarter of a game. Just hope the injury to McCourty isn't serious. He has been wonderful this season....especially for a rookie!

Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,800,055 times
It's almost deja-vu. I am reading the same banter and same sound bites this week as last. Lovie Smith said something about "this game only counting as one loss." Didn't Rex say something similar last week?

Bears- EXPOSED
Jets- EXPOSED

Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,191,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
It's almost deja-vu. I am reading the same banter and same sound bites this week as last. Lovie Smith said something about "this game only counting as one loss." Didn't Rex say something similar last week?

Bears- EXPOSED
Jets- EXPOSED

And their loss to Miami counts as a second loss.....now they play Pittsburgh next week. Can you say 3 losses ?

Old 12-13-2010, 06:19 AM

3,019 posts, read 3,164,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
And their loss to Miami counts as a second loss.....now they play Pittsburgh next week. Can you say 3 losses ?
In spanish too........3 derrotas!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,553,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Bears- EXPOSED
Jets- EXPOSED
And I'll add to that.

Steelers- EXPOSED
Bears- EXPOSED
Jets- EXPOSED

Snow, wind, a tough team in Chicago, having only 6 days rest... seriously, the Pats are on fire, even in -5 degrees. I've got my $$$ on them.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:11 PM

6,628 posts, read 12,528,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Did anyone else notice that many of the Pats players did not place their hand over their heart during the singing of the National Anthem? Surprised at the show of disrespect for America's song!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Oh, not placing their hands over their hearts was only the public demonstration of their disrespect. I wonder how many of them even know the words?
I wouldn't get too worked up you guys. Not all players put their hands over their hearts during the national anthem...I don't always do it when I'm at sporting events...it's not a sign of disrespect. It's very likely not all of them know the words to the song...but how many of the players in the NFL, or even regular regular citizens know all the words? However it's foolish to suggest that this is the Patriots doing this...this is people doing this.

P.S. The Pats are playing great football right now...I hope they can keep up the mental strength.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:23 PM

8,309 posts, read 34,456,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
And I'll add to that.

Steelers- EXPOSED
Bears- EXPOSED
Jets- EXPOSED

Snow, wind, a tough team in Chicago, having only 6 days rest... seriously, the Pats are on fire, even in -5 degrees. I've got my $$$ on them.
The Patriots are amazing. Outside of their quarterback and some offensive lineman, I'm not 100% certain that any of the first-team Patriots would start for any other organization, yet they execute so well and are so well led that they appear unbeatable. I think they represent the AFC in Superbowl 45 and I think Danny Woodhead wears a Superbowl championship ring for the rest of his days.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,800,055 times
The thing that worries me is the bye week in the playoffs. Hope it doesn't mess them up.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 PM

5,774 posts, read 12,334,827 times
17-1 in their last 18 December games. 31-5 in December since 2002, which leaves very little room room for argument. Unlike the 16-0 season in which the Pats were burying their opponents early in the season and hanging on for several later wins, they're burying them now. At present they are the NFL's runaway train. I don't think the bye week will have much affect on them one way or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or