U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 02:50 PM

22,879 posts, read 19,308,025 times

Advertisements

Nice 5th Quarter today. benJarvis sure would be a handsome fella if he got rid of those ugly dredlocks. Edleman is a cutie.

Thank you to ALL the players and coaches of The Patriots for another great season. It's a pleasure to have you as our team.

All the way, boys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nice 5th Quarter today. benJarvis sure would be a handsome fella if he got rid of those ugly dredlocks. Edleman is a cutie.

Thank you to ALL the players and coaches of The Patriots for another great season. It's a pleasure to have you as our team.

All the way, boys!
It has been a GREAT Season! Hope the Jets find their way back to Foxboro!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:39 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
It has been a GREAT Season! Hope the Jets find their way back to Foxboro!
There is never a sure thing in the world of sports betting, but I would feel pretty darn good about betting the Pats to win the whole thing this year, they look so crisp on every end of the field. I am really hoping some AFC team can somehow beat them so when DA BEARS go the the superbowl we dont have to play ya

But I agree, great season for the Pats

Old 01-03-2011, 07:47 AM

6,926 posts, read 5,698,928 times
WTG Pats!!!!

Go all the way to the SUPER BOWL!!!!!

I think we'll be WINNING THE SUPER BOWL this year!!!! I have faith in my team players!!!

YEAH, GO PATS GO!!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 AM

I love hearing "The road to the SuperBowl runs through Foxboro."!

What a group of talented players we have! Belichick sure knows how to pick 'em, doesn't he? Watching the 2nd stringers yesterday was incredible. He takes guys nobody seems to want and they usually blossom under Bill! Or if they don't...there's the door. Even seasoned veterans like Randy Moss. Belechick gave that guy a chance to be on the greatest team in the NFL but since their motto is "no I in team", the idiot just would not conform since Randy Moss is all about "I". I don't think we would be here if Moss was still on the team. I really don't.

I'll be long gone but I bet we are witnessing some future Hall of Fame players being groomed. I'd love to hear a conversation 50-75 years from now about the Brady/Belichick reign of The Patriots.

I had to LOL when Green-Ellis was talking about Brian Hoyt. Is that name right? (Hoyl?) "In his backpocket", "drives the same car", "goes out to eat with Tom", etc. Sounds like another Brady. The commentators made the same observations when he was on the field, "Tom Brady like moves". He sure impressed me. IDK "man stuff" like stats but I sure know talent when I see it and The Pats are chock full of that!

Last edited by tamiznluv; 01-03-2011 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-09-2011, 09:49 AM

Get 'er done next week, boys!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Don't really see a blow-out like Monday night (would be SWEET though ), but more like 28-17 Pats...something close to that. Will be nice to "defeet" Sexy Rexy once again!!!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 AM

276 posts, read 418,022 times
Costas opined yesterday that two of the biggest surprises in Super Bowl history were the Pats beating the Rams for their first Super Bowl, and the Pats losing to the Giants after steamrolling through every team they played.

That second observation haunts me.

I also remember that playoff game when the Pats (best team in football) lost to Denver when they self-destructed with five unforced turnovers. And the playoff game against the Colts, when the Pats (best team in football) led 20-0 at the half, but lost the game.

Confident? Yes. Supremely confident? Never again.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
Costas opined yesterday that two of the biggest surprises in Super Bowl history were the Pats beating the Rams for their first Super Bowl, and the Pats losing to the Giants after steamrolling through every team they played.

That second observation haunts me.

I also remember that playoff game when the Pats (best team in football) lost to Denver when they self-destructed with five unforced turnovers. And the playoff game against the Colts, when the Pats (best team in football) led 20-0 at the half, but lost the game.

Confident? Yes. Supremely confident? Never again.

You've been reading my mind, wso! I was thinking the same thing....a lose by the Pats to screw everyone up.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM

591 posts, read 711,037 times
Come on Pats. Ive been a Patriots fan for 6 years now and watch most games over here in England when they are on Sky.

Went to see them when they played at Wembley and turned Tampa Bay over last season, was a brilliant day, and i hope to travel ti Gillette Stadium soon to get a feel for American football in America.

Lets hope we get what we deserve from this season which has been a huge surprise with such a young outfit taking on the big guns.

Who said you win nothing with kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or