U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,939,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I guess conspiracy theories don't work well with the losers

you're a great guy, thanks for chatting...good luck against the steelers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 06:22 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,851,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
what about the "fake an injury to slow the Pat's momentum" strategy by Rex Ryan??

i can think of two times off the top of my head when the Pat's were moving the ball well, and out of no where comes an injured Jet's player that stops the play. they take the "injured" player out only to put him right back in the next play...dirty or great strategy??
Have you "observed" that the Patriots do the same kind of crap? May I refresh your memory back to 2003 at RCA dome in Indianapolis when several Patriots players faked injuries to stop the Colts drive in the 4th? The most blatant one was linebacker Willie McGinnis who faked an injury and was right back up a few minutes later.

Quit whining... don't be a sore loser, it's easy to be a good sport when you win but true class is being a good sport when you lose!

Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 AM

19,433 posts, read 17,531,054 times
Poor coaching and some dropped passes cost the Patriots the game. Brady also froze up in the 4th which also hurt them. And what was with Belichick? He wore that weird hoody and looked like Emperor Palpatine right down to the pasty complexion and scowling face. Why the hood? Getting some extra "unofficial" advice and info from some source and had to hide it? I wouldn't put it past him.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Have you "observed" that the Patriots do the same kind of crap? May I refresh your memory back to 2003 at RCA dome in Indianapolis when several Patriots players faked injuries to stop the Colts drive in the 4th? The most blatant one was linebacker Willie McGinnis who faked an injury and was right back up a few minutes later.

Quit whining... don't be a sore loser, it's easy to be a good sport when you win but true class is being a good sport when you lose!

hush...i didn't have a dog in the fight last night. i just watched the game. Edit-last sentence deleted.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-17-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You've admitted you didn't observe how many Pats players went out for one play so there does seem to be some bias here. I'd guess you'd be hard pressed to find any game where players don't miss one play due to injury rather than having their team take a time out.
seriously, zero bias here...just watched the game! but, i have no issue with the fact that it may happen all the time...i only took notice last night during that game, and i remember the announcers mentioning something as well.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,851,911 times
Quote:
hush...i didn't have a dog in the fight last night. i just watched the game. and if you're a jet's fan, the last thing you should be lecturing people on is "class"...just saying.
You hush! Not a Jets fan, just had to address your <mod cut-personal attack>post.

Last edited by Orangeish; 01-17-2011 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: please do not engage in flame wars

Old 01-17-2011, 07:50 AM

1,080 posts, read 828,843 times
Quote:
what about the "fake an injury to slow the Pat's momentum" strategy by Rex Ryan??

i can think of two times off the top of my head when the Pat's were moving the ball well, and out of no where comes an injured Jet's player that stops the play. they take the "injured" player out only to put him right back in the next play...dirty or great strategy??

C'mon Man ! ! ! All the markings of 'sour grapes', as you wrote a separate post on this same topic.

Patriots lost, Jets took them down, looks like big mouth sexy Rexy is walking the talk and you can't handle it

Old 01-17-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
C'mon Man ! ! ! All the markings of 'sour grapes', as you wrote a separate post on this same topic.

Patriots lost, Jets took them down, looks like big mouth sexy Rexy is walking the talk and you can't handle it
lol, i admit, i can't handle Sexy Rexy!!!

seriously though, i regret posting in this Patriot's Thread, which is why i started a thread based on this topic.

and like it says under my username, i admittingly don't know everything, and wish to be educated...

about the "sour grapes", you bet...you saw how my Cowboys crashed and burned into an all time low this year!! with that being said, i'm going back into hiding...

Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 AM

1,080 posts, read 828,843 times
Quote:
lol, i admit, i can't handle Sexy Rexy!!!

seriously though, i regret posting in this Patriot's Thread, which is why i started a thread based on this topic.

and like it says under my username, i admittingly don't know everything, and wish to be educated...

about the "sour grapes", you bet...you saw how my Cowboys crashed and burned into an all time low this year!! with that being said, i'm going back into hiding...

Hey, it's all good. . .adversity is actually welcomed, provided we follow the TOS, otherwise we wouldn't be having these exchanges on this forum

Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 AM

16,532 posts, read 21,006,578 times
Absolutely. There is a line between blowing off steam and the TOS, don't cross it. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or