U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Again.. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? Brady was pressured heavily all day...that is why he was off ... Granted the Jets didnt blitz often, but they didnt have to. Brady was ALWAYS feeling pressure and it showed .
Jets had several sacks however I think you're overemphasizing the pressure he had on him. Many many plays he had a ton of time to throw..he just couldn't find anyone open downfield...

agree to disagree on this....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 05:57 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,186,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Pats fans are going to hate to hear this, but Belichick's championships are tainted because of the Spygate thing....he has not won a playoff game since that has come out.

I know the defense will be "it doesn't matter", but in the world outside of Boston (yes people do care and know about sports outside of that area), it does make a HUGE difference. That's why he needs to get a ring w/o it being tainted. It is a big deal.

As for the Brady and scrambling, there was no reason for him to scramble. He had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to throw most times...problem was, all his receivers were covered...Jets never blitzed really except for the Coleman deal.....

Dude, you're dumb as a box of rocks. It came out in 2007 in the first game. They went 16-0 and then won 2 games in the post season before they lost to the Giants in the SB. Those are 2 post season games after it came out.

As far as the coverage it was phenominal by the Jets. I give them all the credit in the world, and they did blitz more than once, they sent the blitz 6 times.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Nah, we probably wouldn't've gotten this far if Moss were still with the team.

LOL... news flash. You all didn't GET any where. You lost the first game in the playoffs!

I'm just saying its Ironic... Yall lost because you couldn't go down the field. The jets covered those slow crossing routes all day. Yall clearly needed him...

Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 AM

591 posts, read 710,601 times
Mr.GE - And what about for the 14-2 regular season games? Stats showed we did alot better once he left the side.

This year the Pats should never have been as good as they were. It was a rookie side who were building for the coming season. The fact that this side who were wrote off very quickly got as far as they did was a big feat in itself.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:50 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,155,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Mr.GE - And what about for the 14-2 regular season games? Stats showed we did alot better once he left the side.

This year the Pats should never have been as good as they were. It was a rookie side who were building for the coming season. The fact that this side who were wrote off very quickly got as far as they did was a big feat in itself.
I gotta agree with yah there. The Pats shocked me with that 14-2 record, and I got all caught up in the glory days. This team is very young, and can only improve with the upcoming draft, so they'll be in it again next season.........if there is a season! To be as good as they were this year speaks highly of the coaching staff and those rookies out there. Good times ahead everyone..........good times!

Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 AM

9,578 posts, read 8,880,566 times
Quote:
Jets had several sacks however I think you're overemphasizing the pressure he had on him. Many many plays he had a ton of time to throw..he just couldn't find anyone open downfield...

agree to disagree on this....
Fine..but you made it sound like Brady was setting up camp back there and had all the time in the world...I am amazed you saw it that way...in fact the Jets pass rush was given credit as being the DIFFERENCE maker in the game.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Dude, you're dumb as a box of rocks. It came out in 2007 in the first game. They went 16-0 and then won 2 games in the post season before they lost to the Giants in the SB. Those are 2 post season games after it came out.

As far as the coverage it was phenominal by the Jets. I give them all the credit in the world, and they did blitz more than once, they sent the blitz 6 times.
Ok, my mistake about the playoff games....

However, when you talk about Belicheck and his coaching body of work, he will STILL be judged on Spygate whether fans like it or not. He needs to win a SB IMO to get past that.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Fine..but you made it sound like Brady was setting up camp back there and had all the time in the world...I am amazed you saw it that way...in fact the Jets pass rush was given credit as being the DIFFERENCE maker in the game.
jp, I just think me and other people have said the same thing....

Outside of Shaun Ellis and a nice disguised blitz by Coleman, I don't really think Brady had that much pressure on him.

I haven't watched the game on replay so I can't confirm hard numbers but it just seemed that way....

Old 01-18-2011, 01:18 PM

22,851 posts, read 19,286,589 times
Quote:
Pats fans are going to hate to hear this, but Belichick's championships are tainted because of the Spygate thing....he has not won a playoff game since that has come out.

I know the defense will be "it doesn't matter", but in the world outside of Boston (yes people do care and know about sports outside of that area), it does make a HUGE difference. That's why he needs to get a ring w/o it being tainted. It is a big deal.

As for the Brady and scrambling, there was no reason for him to scramble. He had ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD to throw most times...problem was, all his receivers were covered...Jets never blitzed really except for the Coleman deal.....
That's right, CJ. He did have all the time in the world at times and he could have run forward to get yardage! LOTS of yardage at those times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
LOL... news flash. You all didn't GET any where. You lost the first game in the playoffs!

I'm just saying its Ironic... Yall lost because you couldn't go down the field. The jets covered those slow crossing routes all day. Yall clearly needed him...
News flash back at ya, read my lips....we would not have gotten as far as we did to get into the playoffs. Does that make my English more understandable?? I didn't think I needed to explain my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post

That's right, Matt.

Quote:
jp, I just think me and other people have said the same thing....

Outside of Shaun Ellis and a nice disguised blitz by Coleman, I don't really think Brady had that much pressure on him.

I haven't watched the game on replay so I can't confirm hard numbers but it just seemed that way....

You are correct, CJ. At times when the Jets weren't blitzing, Brady DID have plenty of time and when there is no one to throw to.....get your a$$ out there and RUN!! What's so hard about that? WTH has happened to the QB running for yards?? IMO if that had happened on the numerous times it occured, the ending may have turned out differently. That's all I'm squawking about. (my female opinion)

Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,186,638 times
Quote:
Ok, my mistake about the playoff games....

However, when you talk about Belicheck and his coaching body of work, he will STILL be judged on Spygate whether fans like it or not. He needs to win a SB IMO to get past that.

Thats your opinion. The people that matter know otherwise, his peers.

People in the community of professional football players, coaches and executives think otherwise. If you dont think he's a first ballot ahll of famer and arguablly go 1 & 1A with Lombardi as the greatest to coach to this point your are far more crazy than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or