U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
News flash back at ya, read my lips....we would not have gotten as far as we did to get into the playoffs. Does that make my English more understandable?? I didn't think I needed to explain my words.
Losing the first game is not getting anywhere in the playoffs...

You would have won atleast one playoff game if you had Moss. You can deny all you want, but slow TE's, backs, and a lack of downfield threats did in your precious the Patriots.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 01-18-2011 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,158,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

You can deny all you want, but slow TE's, backs, and a lack of downfield threats did in your precious the Patriots.
Which will be addressed in the upcoming draft, and the Pats are loaded!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM

22,882 posts, read 19,316,357 times
Quote:

You would have won atleast one playoff game if you had Moss. You can deny all you want, but slow TE's, backs, and a lack of downfield threats did in your precious the Patriots.

I see where I may have mistyped and led you to your obvious dislike of a great team, I should have typed gotten TO the playoffs. Okay, all better now?

BTW, the Pats ARE "precious". After decades of disappointment, you better believe it's a "precious" feeling to have a team that is ALWAYS in contention for the SB year after year. Is your team?

Old 01-19-2011, 09:31 AM

22,882 posts, read 19,316,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post

Old 01-19-2011, 10:34 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,540,265 times
Quote:
Although let's be fair: drafts are crapshoots. I offer Eli Manning as an example.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Although let's be fair: drafts are crapshoots. I offer Eli Manning as an example.
I am hoping KC let's the Pats have Scott Pioli back for a few days prior to the draft!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,188,392 times
Quote:

Wrong. 2010 Randy Moss would have made 0 difference in the outcome of this game. 2007 Randy, yes but not 2010 Randy Moss. That theory is laughable.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post

Indeed they are. BUT I like the way we have drafted in the Belichick era. Last years draft netted us Grownkowski, Hernandez, Mesko and McCourty all of which were great for us as starters. Spikes, Cunningham, and Deadarick also contibuted. Thats pretty darn good for 1 draft class. 09's draft class wasnt to shabby either. Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer, Tate, McKenzie, Prior and Edleman.... yeah we do a fairly good job of turning draft picks into pieces of the team. And with the youngest defense in the league, the sky is the limit under Bill B. He needs a pass rusher and keep in mind our #1 corner before the season started Leigh Bodden didnt play due to injury in training camp.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I am hoping KC let's the Pats have Scott Pioli back for a few days prior to the draft!

Why? The last 2 drafts that Bill has had without Piolo have been very very good. See my post above. Look at the 08 Draft class...Mayo is the only one that is playing anywhere near NFL caliber and Slater on special teams. The 07 class Meriweather is it, and 06 Gotskowski. IF Pioli was the "mastermind" like many say, he sure as hell didnt show it in those drafts.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Why? The last 2 drafts that Bill has had without Piolo have been very very good. See my post above. Look at the 08 Draft class...Mayo is the only one that is playing anywhere near NFL caliber and Slater on special teams. The 07 class Meriweather is it, and 06 Gotskowski. IF Pioli was the "mastermind" like many say, he sure as hell didnt show it in those drafts.
Yes, perhaps you are correct. I was just going back to the Championship days and had a brian fart........happens. Pass rush and a deep threat WR and the Pats should be looking pretty darn sweet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or