Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I think the most costly play of the game was Wes Welker's drop. I know it wasn't a great throw, but it was good enough for him to get both his hands on it, so there was no excuse for him to drop it. If he catches that, then the Patriots would probably have iced the game soon thereafter.
I SO agree, Gnut. Brady was pinpoint accurate with the throws that were dropped to lose the game. Kinda makes a body wonder sometimes about who's really in control of things, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Cutting a player right before the game was a classless thing to do but thats Belichick. A ruthless drive to win at ANY cost and by ANY means is okay if all you care about is championships, but real fans want more and deserve better. He's got that team snake bit and tainted. But I think losing is probably better for the fans and better for Tom Brady, its a character building loss.
Just don't let the animosity build between NYC and Boston.
Who got cut? I haven't seen any news since Friday. Ocho? That does sound pretty nasty, doesn't it? Didn't want whomever to get a ring, huhn?

Ha-ha, can't build the animosity any larger.....Yankees, Jets, Giants, etc. sux!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 08:35 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I think the most costly play of the game was Wes Welker's drop. I know it wasn't a great throw, but it was good enough for him to get both his hands on it, so there was no excuse for him to drop it. If he catches that, then the Patriots would probably have iced the game soon thereafter.
If Brady throws it on point, the ball is picked off. Brady made the throw he had to in order to prevent a turnover.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:48 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I SO agree, Gnut. Brady was pinpoint accurate with the throws that were dropped to lose the game. Kinda makes a body wonder sometimes about who's really in control of things, doesn't it?

Who got cut? I haven't seen any news since Friday. Ocho? That does sound pretty nasty, doesn't it? Didn't want whomever to get a ring, huhn?

Ha-ha, can't build the animosity any larger.....Yankees, Jets, Giants, etc. sux!!!
Tiquan Underwood was CUT, a backup WR, who would have had ZERO impact in the game. The move made room for Belichick to add a defensive lineman which I think was the purpose.. nothing disciplinary.. just a roster move that happens for every regular season game but not typically for a Super Bowl. Regardless, if the Patriots had WON, Underwood would have gotten a ring.. players that get cut mid-season, get rings if the team that cut them wins the Super Bowl.

I'm not sold that the Patriots are snake bitten, but not doubt Eli and the Giants have their number.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Tiquan Underwood was CUT, a backup WR, who would have had ZERO impact in the game. The move made room for Belichick to add a defensive lineman which I think was the purpose.. nothing disciplinary.. just a roster move that happens for every regular season game but not typically for a Super Bowl. Regardless, if the Patriots had WON, Underwood would have gotten a ring.. players that get cut mid-season, get rings if the team that cut them wins the Super Bowl.

I'm not sold that the Patriots are snake bitten, but not doubt Eli and the Giants have their number.

Thank you for the info, mco. IDK that about the rings. That's nice that the players get to share in the SB rings.

I heard on a pre-game show yesterday the The Patriots are THE MOST hated team in the NFL, outside of New England! IDNK that either! We must have been doing something right to get that reaction, huhn?

The era of Brady/Belichik is starting to come to close and The Patriots will go back either into obscurity or become "just" another NFL team. This ride sure has been a great one!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:54 AM

I'm not so sure the SB rings bring much joy to those players who got them via cameo appearances during the season. I know that the Cowboys cut Hugh Millen, backup QB, way back in '93 to sign Bernie Kosar. The Cowboys won the Super Bowl and Millen got a ring but he keeps in tucked away in his closet, never wears it.. it probably stings a bit reminding him what could have been.

I used to despise the Patriots a lot. Especially during the '07 undefeated run. I was pulling for the Giants to pull off that miracle upset as much as any Giants fan (and I am a cowboy fan).. but since then I have grown to appreciate and respect the Patriots franchise. They are the model NFL Franchise IMO and Bob Kraft has built something all teams should strive for.. I was even pulling for the Pats ever so slightly last night.. didn't loose any sleep because they lost but it was a 180 for me considering where I was in '07. Most of the Hate for the Patriots are simply fans of teams the Patriots have stepped on during their dynasty. I bet there are not a lot of Giants fans that hate the Patriots.. why would they.. its like a Cowboys fan hating the Bills.. no reason to.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Any player who was on the roster at any course of the season gets a ring along with anyone working for the team.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Any player who was on the roster at any course of the season gets a ring along with anyone working for the team.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
I'm a Giants fan but always liked the way Welker and Gronkowski played the game. They were always my biggest concerns when playing the Pats. That being said my respect for Gronkowski has gone down after the statement he made about being 100% for the game ( Gronkowski says he was 100 percent - Boston.com ). He was obviously not 100% and was no real help to the team. He led the NFL tight ends this season with 1300+ yards and 17 touchdowns. I personally think Belichick should have kept him on the bench.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
I'm a Giants fan but always liked the way Welker and Gronkowski played the game. They were always my biggest concerns when playing the Pats. That being said my respect for Gronkowski has gone down after the statement he made about being 100% for the game ( Gronkowski says he was 100 percent - Boston.com ). He was obviously not 100% and was no real help to the team. He led the NFL tight ends this season with 1300+ yards and 17 touchdowns. I personally think Belichick should have kept him on the bench.
If Gronk says he was NOT 100%, some folks will claim he is using that as an excuse for the Patriots loss. I think he is taking the high road.. He is basically saying that his injury didn't effect the outcome any one who believes that has been paying attention this season.

Last edited by mco65; 02-07-2012 at 09:08 AM..

Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
If Gronk says he was NOT 100%, some folks will claim he is using that as an excuse for the Patriots loss. I think he is taking the high road.. He is basically saying that his injury didn't effect the outcome any one who believes that has been paying attention this season.
You can pull up the post game interviews almost anywhere on the net. He was clear when he said he was 100% during the game. It's obvious that he wasn't. Now the post game Patriots party with him dancing is another story. I will find the video and post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football