Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 08:41 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times

Advertisements

Despite 3 awful calls, two of which were bad PI calls against Revis, the Patriots pulled it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 08:50 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Congrats to the Pats...I'm soooo glad they pulled that game out and won. Brady was great, coming back from two 14 pt deficits, it was an exciting game. Brady should be MVP after today's performance.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times
What a game.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:56 PM

815 posts, read 736,742 times
After that game, I think the Pats have the mental and physical toughness to beat anyone.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:00 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
After that game, I think the Pats have the mental and physical toughness to beat anyone.
probably, but I think Seattle will have something to say about this. They look incredible. They are amazingly fast on defense and Russell Wilson looks somewhat like Oregon Ducks Marcus Mariota (the magic Play maker).

Old 01-10-2015, 10:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Yeah I don't see the Broncos or Colts as a challenge next week at all

Old 01-10-2015, 10:28 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
probably, but I think Seattle will have something to say about this. They look incredible. They are amazingly fast on defense and Russell Wilson looks somewhat like Oregon Ducks Marcus Mariota (the magic Play maker).
I didn't think the Seahawks played particular well on offense or defense. They won going away thanks to 4 Panther turnovers and I credit the Seahawks for those takeaways but they struggled stopping the Panthers on the ground and Lynch was a non factor. He had one decent run, and a bunch of 1 yard runs. Could be they were a bit out of sync having not played last week but they didn't look like the team we saw the final month of the season.. IMO.

Dang it, i hate making a long reply only to look and see I am in the WRONG area.

let me add the Pats/Ravens game was pretty good. Can't remember the last time I saw a team come back from 14 down twice in a game. It was odd seeing the Patriots abandon the run like that and I don't think that will work against better defensive secondaries but you do what you have to do to advance and they did that so congrats!

Last edited by mco65; 01-10-2015 at 10:38 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 10:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I didn't think the Seahawks played particular well on offense or defense. They won going away thanks to 4 Panther turnovers and I credit the Seahawks for those takeaways but they struggled stopping the Panthers on the ground and Lynch was a non factor. He one long run, and a bunch of 1 yard runs. Could be they were a bit out of sync having not played last week but they didn't look like the team we saw the final month of the season.. IMO.

Dang it, i hate making a long reply only to look and see I am in the WRONG area.

let me add the Pats/Ravens game was pretty good. Can't remember the last time I saw a team come back from 14 down twice in a game. It was odd seeing the Patriots abandon the run like that and I don't think that will work against better defensive secondaries but you do what you have to do to advance and they did that so congrats!
I think most teams become inpatient and start throwing if they are down 14 especially in the second half because they are trying to catch up and tie the game. If they were to run they are taking more time off the clock and may not even score a TD. So then you will be in a situation where you ate up a lot of clock and came away from no points. You only run if you are up 14 pts to drain as much clock as possible to make it hard for the other team to catch up with you in pts.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:21 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Yeah I don't see the Broncos or Colts as a challenge next week at all
Hmm, I wouldn't say that (and note, super Pats fan here). The Ravens from what I understand while they played very very well, mentally were looking beyond the Pats and got caught up in the "Pats are afraid to play us..." rederick. Based on some stories, Suggs and Dummerville were acting like the Ravens won the Superbowl last week.

So I wouldn't underestimate the Broncos or Colts. I know Bellicheck won't and will keep them focused.

Keep in mind because of some slight of hand (the declaring an inelligble receiver down field, and the Edelman trick play) really won the game. I feel good about the win however the Pats let 4 touchdowns go up, fortunately the answered them and eeked out a win and I do mean eeked out.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:52 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
credit brady for this win...

brady's run into the endzone got the team hyped up and set the tone that anything can happen..

officiating sucked- gronk was held with both arms by a defender and not called on a big play, and browner was called on a stupid penalty taking back a one yard and goal..

im glad the pats played the ravens, if they won easily on another team, they may not be ready for next week, after the ravens, they should have confidence they can beat anyone...

seattles defense is the best in the game and can stop any team,,,but brady proved yesterday he can pass quickly, nullifying the pass rush

ravens played great yesterday, they have nothing to be ashamed about
the announcer said flacco played the best game of his career

brady was lead rusher for the patriots in second half......lol

it was a shoot out -but patriots has some decent receivers

I hope its 10 below zero next week if they are playing the broncos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football