Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 11:29 AM

22 posts, read 11,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Mayo is one of the few top 10 picks on the Pats team. If not the only one??
he is a really good LB, the defense will miss him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First & 10 View Post
he is a really good LB, the defense will miss him
He barely plays anymore and he is a liability compared to Hightower and Collins

I like the guy always have but he has been a non factor for 3 years now

Old 01-20-2016, 05:06 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Mayo is one of the few top 10 picks on the Pats team. If not the only one??
Unlike teams like say the Bills the Pats are never picking higher than the late 20's

Old 01-20-2016, 07:47 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Unlike teams like say the Bills the Pats are never picking higher than the late 20's
Thanks for the cheap shot.

I could bring up your predictions again.

Even when they selected Mayo in the top 10 I believe it was via a previous trade. Probably Seymour.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:29 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times
I thought Patriots fans were better than this. We actually thought about driving up to the game from here in the DC area. Glad we didn't.

Rude NE fans prompt couple to drop Pats, support Chiefs | fox4kc.com

Old 01-20-2016, 09:39 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I thought Patriots fans were better than this. We actually thought about driving up to the game from here in the DC area. Glad we didn't.

Anyone that enters an opposing team's home stadium wearing their team's colors should expect to be razzed... To not recognize this would be naive....

Old 01-21-2016, 06:58 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Anyone that enters an opposing team's home stadium wearing their team's colors should expect to be razzed... To not recognize this would be naive....
Agreed. To an extent... perhaps this couple is exaggerating a bit who knows or have never been to an NFL Game. But isn't there a security number to call at each stadium when the razzing or hazing gets extreme either verbally or physically..? I thought most stadiums have this. Regardless, every team will have a few jerk off fans, there is just no way of escaping that.

For this reason, I have not taken my young son to an opposing teams stadium yet. I fear that if some jerk off fan said something vulgar to him I would likely hit the guy!

Old 01-21-2016, 07:53 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,099 times
Fanatics can be rude and scary people. Especially true in sports and politics.

Nice thing about C-D is that it is not a one team circle jerk of crazed fanatics.

Feeling better about this game lately. Thinking the Broncos have a chance. 44 degrees and cloudy with 5 mph winds. Our weather daisies should be able to handle that. I seem to remember a team that didn't wilt in poor weather.....a long time ago.

Hope that no player gets carted off the field. This is for the marbles. May we have a great game for the ages.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:08 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post

My uncle and cousin made the trip out to Arrowhead last season (the last NFL stadium they had not visited) and had to endure a ton of harassment from Chief fans. One woman got in the Uncle's face and told him to go f himself for wearing a Brady jersey.

Needless to say, stuff like this happens ALL of the time. I've gone into opposing teams' stadiums wearing Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics gear and have been harassed. I expect and know it will happen, it comes with the territory.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:00 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
It's better to sit in the lower level to avoid people like that. Doesn't help in Oakland though. The harassment there starts with all the tailgaters in the parking lot pounding on your windows as you drive through. And that's when you're supporting a team they don't even hate. I can't imagine what it'd be like going in there with a Broncos jersey.

Actually it seems this couple was in the lower level. Watching the video, you can see the sign. That's just giving angry fans ammunition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football