Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 06:10 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Well now, that was an ugly game. One of the ugliest I've seen in a long time. I can't remember seeing the Pats that listless. And zero 3rd down conversions, first time since 1991 I think. Hopefully it's a one-off, and this wasn't just because Gronk was out. I know plenty of injuries, but that's no excuse for the stinker they put on the field. Brady was off the entire game, no one was open, couldn't run away from Grandpa on the ground. I put this game on the entire team (player & coaches). No way I could single out any one person for blame.

Obviously next weekend is it. If we can beat the Steelers then we're still in the AFC drivers seat. If we don't, and assuming we win one more game to clinch the division, then could this be the same scenario where we end up being away for the AFC Championship game (if we get that far) and more likely than not playing the Steelers at Heinz? Losing to Miami late in the season a couple of years ago IMO cost us a chance at a SB as we lost to Denver.
For some reason the Patriots struggle playing down in Miami. They're 8-9 in their last 17 games down there. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. The offense looked sluggish. The defense got better in the second half and forced 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs, and the offense could not capitalize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 06:29 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Steelers beating Pats? I will believe it when i see it.. until then.. i aint buying it!

Old 12-13-2017, 03:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Steelers beating Pats? I will believe it when i see it.. until then.. i aint buying it!
I'm with you

Pats playing in Miami played out like it usually does in Miami...

Hopefully Pats playing Pittsburgh will also play out like it usually does...

Old 12-16-2017, 04:47 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Really looking forward to game tomorrow....nervous about the D without Van Noy but it looks like we will be getting Flowers back which should help.

Offense needs to get back on track.....GO PATS

Old 12-17-2017, 05:30 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
That was probably the best regular season game I have ever seen, and I've been a fan since Grogan was drafted in 1975.

I had doubt going into the game, and throughout the whole contest. Playing from behind against the Steelers at Heinz is a tall order. And yes, losing Brown played a HUGE role in the outcome.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:31 PM

The Patriots scored too quickly on that last drive. They should have tried to take more time off the clock. It also would have helped if maybe the defense didn't crap their pants and let Shuster go for a very long pass play.

The ending of this game will be talked about for a very long time. What is and what isn't a catch continue to be problem for the NFL.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:38 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
W.....O.....W.

Despite the defenses' best try to lose the game, that call let us win.

I feel sorry for The Steelers. Pats know all too well what it's like to lose because of the officials.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:40 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Then ending of this game so similar to the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Watching this game today just oozed as a Battle of the Titans. Both teams look tough. They can score, and they can grind. The Jaguars look formidable, but to see the Pats at 11-3, yet another season where they haven't had anything close to smooth sailing, is a testament to Belichick, Brady, Kraft, and their overall approach to the game.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:43 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
W.....O.....W.

Despite the defenses' best try to lose the game, that call let us win.

I feel sorry for The Steelers. Pats know all too well what it's like to lose because of the officials.
The difference is the NFL changes the rules when the Patriots lose because of the officials.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
The difference is the NFL changes the rules when the Patriots lose because of the officials.
Feel free to list examples of this. The NFL does not change the rules to "favor" the Patriots at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football