Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2018, 05:18 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,047,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
how do you put a thread on ignore?
Scrolling up/down and responding to other threads work best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 07:31 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So, AFC Championship yet again.

Trying hard not to be overconfident but man is it hard with 10-6 Jacksonville coming to town.

Steelers crapping on themselves in the playoffs is nothing new so that outcome wasn't so surprising I just can't see Jacksonville hanging 30 on the Patriots with THAT offense when no team has been able to break 30 against the Pats since Oct 1.

I listen to the talking heads at NFL network comparing this Jacksonville defense to the 2013-14 Seahawks and 2015 Broncos when 2 teams just hung up 40 on them in the past 3 games....Did that Seahawks D or Broncos D EVER give up 40 during those seasons? Don't think so...

Derrick Henry was supposed to be unstoppable until the Pats stopped him....

I think the Pats have the beef up the middle to stop Fournette and make Bortles try to beat them.

Pats offense with quick passing game hopefully with Burkhead back along with Lewis, White, Amendola and Gronk....don't see Jax stopping the Pats offense if Brady is getting the ball out quick and going up tempo.

There are some good defenses left in the Playoffs and any given Sunday any team can beat another....but seriously with the offenses left in the tournament anything short of another SB Victory for the Pats would be a shocker at this point....
That is exactly what they're going to do. Load the box with 6-7 guys and make Bortles beat them.

I am wondering which Jacksonville defense shows up? They got shredded last week by Pittsburgh for over 500 yards and 42 points. Their defense is good, but I would not put them on the level of Denver and Seattle from a few years ago. Pittsburgh on defense looked very sloppy last week, hopefully the Patriots play a lot tighter.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:44 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
how do you put a thread on ignore?
You could always come over to the dark side?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:59 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
That is exactly what they're going to do. Load the box with 6-7 guys and make Bortles beat them.

I am wondering which Jacksonville defense shows up? They got shredded last week by Pittsburgh for over 500 yards and 42 points. Their defense is good, but I would not put them on the level of Denver and Seattle from a few years ago. Pittsburgh on defense looked very sloppy last week, hopefully the Patriots play a lot tighter.
Agreed. Pittsburgh score 6 touchdowns in 2 1/2 quarters on Jacksonville. If it hadn't been for the Jacksonville fumble recovery and touchdown, it would have been a different game. I fault the coach for some of this. Pitt had an easy field goal in the second quarter which would have made it 14 -3 with a chance to cut it to 14 - 10 late in the second quarter or at the start of the third (Pitt was getting the ball to start the second half). Pitt went for it on 4th down and didn't get it. Bad decision.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:29 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Jacksonville defense is different on the road.

WEEK 15: @ 49ers scored 44 points......@ Arizona Gabbert scored 27 points....both losses to Jacksonville. Mariota and the Titans beat them twice.

Steelers scored 42 points, Ben threw for 469 yards., 5 TD'S. If it wasn't for bad play calling on two 4th and 1 and a botched onside kick when they should have kicked it deep and bad defense, Steelers would of won.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM

272 posts, read 184,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Maybe, depends who shows up,

PPG is fewer than the 2015 Broncos
More Sacks than the 2002 Bucs
169.9 pass yds allowed, fewer than than the 2013 Seahawks
7 more Def TDS than the 85 Bears

They are good.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muevelos View Post
Maybe, depends who shows up,

PPG is fewer than the 2015 Broncos
More Sacks than the 2002 Bucs
169.9 pass yds allowed, fewer than than the 2013 Seahawks
7 more Def TDS than the 85 Bears

They are good.
They also played the weakest schedule in the NFL this season

They have given up 40 plus points in 2 of the last 3 games they played ( how many times did the Seahawks Bears or Bucs give up 40? I’m guessing zero times combined)

They lost twice to the Titans who the Pats just dominated

They were 10-6 again with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL

They are over rated

Old 01-20-2018, 05:35 AM

272 posts, read 184,042 times
Quote:
They also played the weakest schedule in the NFL this season

They have given up 40 plus points in 2 of the last 3 games they played ( how many times did the Seahawks Bears or Bucs give up 40? I’m guessing zero times combined)

They lost twice to the Titans who the Pats just dominated

They were 10-6 again with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL

They are over rated
They are a franchise QB away from being where they are right now, every year. They will be good for years to come and this game won't be easy for the Pats.

And also, The Colts had the easiest schedule.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muevelos View Post
They are a franchise QB away from being where they are right now, every year. They will be good for years to come and this game won't be easy for the Pats.

And also, The Colts had the easiest schedule.
1)Every team THINKS they will be in this position every year yet the only team to actually BE in this position every year is the Pats

2)There are probably less than a dozen "true" franchise QB's in the NFL....good luck getting one

3) The Colts were "projected" to have the easiest schedule and they are in your Division regardless so you played the same teams . The "actual" easiest schedule after the games were actually played belonged to the Jags
AFC Strength of Schedule

Old 01-20-2018, 09:41 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
1)Every team THINKS they will be in this position every year yet the only team to actually BE in this position every year is the Pats

2)There are probably less than a dozen "true" franchise QB's in the NFL....good luck getting one

3) The Colts were "projected" to have the easiest schedule and they are in your Division regardless so you played the same teams . The "actual" easiest schedule after the games were actually played belonged to the Jags
AFC Strength of Schedule
1) 12th in 17 years - that's insanely consistently great
2) I'd say more like less than a handful. You could have a QB who has a great 2-4 year run, but that doesn't make that QB a franchise QB. Aside from Brady, Rodgers and Brees are probably the only other true franchise QB's.
3) I don't but huge stock in easy schedule. It's why everyone blasts the Pats - in the AFC East so the haters feel the greatness is tainted. Whatever. Still have to play the games on the field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football