Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM

207 posts, read 353,739 times

Advertisements

With a new head coach and Sam Bradford, the Rams gotta be feeling really good about this deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 08:06 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,256 times
As a fan I didn't wanna see RGIII go to the Redskins because I think they are a dysfunctional franchise and I'm a Cowboys fan... So if they suck as expected he won't be very good and if they do well they will beat up on my team.

I'm screwed either way

Old 03-10-2012, 09:32 AM

570 posts, read 581,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
As a fan I didn't wanna see RGIII go to the Redskins because I think they are a dysfunctional franchise and I'm a Cowboys fan... So if they suck as expected he won't be very good and if they do well they will beat up on my team.

I'm screwed either way
I agree I think its one of those ''football hell teams'' they gave up alot...
owner run team...will suck...

Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
Yeah I feel bad for RG3 career-wise. Sure, I don't feel bad for him for getting millions upon millions, but career-wise the Redskins are just so dysfunctional and it seems like anyone who goes there just ends up sucking and struggling.

I thought my Browns were going to get the #2 pick for sure. They tried to make a last minute run, and I haven't heard what exactly fell through. As a Browns fan though, I don't know if RG3 would have been worth losing 3 first round picks, but then again maybe he is. Assuming we keep Colt as our starter, which I'm kind of all for, I think its time to focus on getting players around him, like Justin Blackmon.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 AM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Actually if the Rams wanted to they could have probably squeezed another Day 2 pick out of their trading partner, this is Dan Synder we are talking about.

I think this was a terrible idea to give up so much. I understand that Cleveland would have beat them to the punch anyway but still that is too much to give up.
This move was made by Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan not Dan Snyder. All of you think of the Redskins during the old regime.

When Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen took over they had a lot of work to do. They've made progress but no one wants to see that. They want the Redskins to fail. Two first round and a second for the #2 overall pick. They needed a QB.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:28 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Heard the Browns were offering 3 #1s, and the Skins threw in the #2 to sweeten the pot.

Carson Palmer really skewed the value of draft picks. Thanks again Raiders.

Hopefully my Vikes wont overthink it, and take Kalil w #3.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
This move was made by Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan not Dan Snyder. All of you think of the Redskins during the old regime.

When Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen took over they had a lot of work to do. They've made progress but no one wants to see that. They want the Redskins to fail. Two first round and a second for the #2 overall pick. They needed a QB.
Look after 10 years of realtive mediocrity what else do you expect fans to do? No one wants to see them fail, but with their recent history they expect failure. I'll admit they made solid moves the last two years but it will take a couple of more years of wise moves before the Redskins can be taken seriously as a competent franchise.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
good luck over there, The owner and coach big ?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Heard the Browns were offering 3 #1s, and the Skins threw in the #2 to sweeten the pot.

I dunno. Justin Blackmon may be worth considering for the Vikings. They could use WR help but I agree Kalil is the best direction.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:09 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

Yeah Browns offered their #4 and #22 this year and I think a 2nd rounder, and next years #1. Were not willing to give 2014's #1 pick, and I'm kind of glad they didn't. (I think I have those facts correct)

I think your Vikes will end up with Kalil, which is a good pick up. I really want the Browns to take Blackmon so I don't think I need to worry about the Vikes taking him, although the Vikings could trade out maybe? I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football