U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:15 AM

311 posts, read 1,280,882 times

Advertisements

A couple of observations. First, it makes you wonder how far this goes back and whether or not it taints their Super Bowl championships. Were they that good or did this give them an advantage? This obviously couldn't be the first time they have tried this. A team this talented should not have to rely on these tactics. They could have easily won anyway.

Second, the commissioner should come down hard on them. This will be the only way it would serve as a deterrent in the future. As much as I dislike the Jets, this was not fair to them. It will never happen but it would be interesting if they had to forfeit the game. At the very least it should be something that will make them not willing to try this again.

Third, this could backfire on them. Say the coach gets suspended, they lose to the Chargers on Sunday and this ends up costing them home field advantage in the playoffs. The commissioner warned all teams about this same issue before the season. Now he has to make an example of the Patriots or it will continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 07:50 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,576 times
it does make you wonder doesnt it? no wonder they kept beating my COLTS all those years.

so we will see how the rest of this year plays out because you know that they wont get away from it for the rest of the season. So we will have to see if they are good without the stealing. I like brady not the pats but we will just wait it out and see

Old 09-12-2007, 08:25 AM

915 posts, read 2,313,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
The NFL announced today that it may take draft picks away from The Pats because of this issue. Just my two cents.....The Packers were accused of doing it, looks like the Pats were caught, if these two are doing it my guess would be that many more are doing it and just haven't been caught yet.
The Packers weren't accused. A Patriot rep was caught in Green Bay last year and ordered to stop videotaping. Link below.

JS Online: Packers might get a call from league regarding Patriots' latest film flap

Old 09-12-2007, 01:15 PM

3,337 posts, read 12,655,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxors View Post
The Packers weren't accused. A Patriot rep was caught in Green Bay last year and ordered to stop videotaping. Link below.

JS Online: Packers might get a call from league regarding Patriots' latest film flap
I stand corrected. I read the article again and don't know how I came up with that. As a side note, wouldn't you think that if Belichicks guys have been spying, Mangini would have known something about it? You think he would have the common sense of not trying that against him. Listening to sports radio this afternoon, evidently the Pats have either been accused of or it's been alleged that they have spyed a number of times.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM

14,590 posts, read 22,440,666 times
I've got the feeling that this stuff is more prevalent throughout the league than the league cares to admit, up until now.

If so, who else is doing this? Is it widespread? Is it evenly balanced? If one team is so good at it, why not just fight fire with fire? See where I'm going? Where does it end?

Whenever I see the Rat on the sideline, he's so secretive with his calls. It's almost as if he knows his opponent is doing it and is doing his utmost to prevent it.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:31 PM

14,423 posts, read 26,258,761 times
Whether any of us like it or not, one of Bill Belichick's assistants is recording this thread right now. And there's nothing the NFL can do about it.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:18 PM

116 posts, read 351,383 times
I believe they should forfeit the game. It would help me in fantasy football

Old 09-13-2007, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Whether any of us like it or not, one of Bill Belichick's assistants is recording this thread right now. And there's nothing the NFL can do about it.
Are you saying CD dosen't run a anti-spyware program?

Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I've got the feeling that this stuff is more prevalent throughout the league than the league cares to admit, up until now.

If so, who else is doing this? Is it widespread? Is it evenly balanced? If one team is so good at it, why not just fight fire with fire? See where I'm going? Where does it end?

Whenever I see the Rat on the sideline, he's so secretive with his calls. It's almost as if he knows his opponent is doing it and is doing his utmost to prevent it.
I agree with your post (If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin ?) I listen to sports radio frequently and the sportscasters have come up with some pretty interesting penalties so far.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,576 times
I think that Mangini new it and wanted to get Belicheck caught by the NFL so he let it happen. On sports center today B said he has no other comments until the league made a decision so i think he is guilty. he aslo said that he wants to sit down and tell what his interpitation of the rule is. Thats guilt right there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football