U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:57 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,862 times

Advertisements

Alright guys, what do you think of allegations that the Pats got caught by the NFL spying on the Jets? Apparently, the dude who got busted was taking photos of the Jets defensive signals etc...., pretty wild?? It's like 007 meets the NFL. Pretty dirty or just blown out of proportion? Apparently the NFL is investigating the allegation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 07:03 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,088,515 times
irrelevant. My beloved Jets could have had the whole Pats play book and would have still lost.

New England is great like always.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:25 PM

23,647 posts, read 33,445,874 times
the jets would have still gotten it handed to them even if god told them the next play NE was running.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
the jets would have still gotten it handed to them even if god told them the next play NE was running.
Although biased, I have to agree with the above statement.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:32 AM

262 posts, read 225,394 times
Quote:
Yea but thats not the point i really hope that this isent true

Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM

716 posts, read 1,525,826 times
the beloved patriots now have an admitted cheater in rodney harrison in addition to all of the other team members that used the stolen info to their advantage.

screw the patriots. pretty easy for brady to look good against a defense that he completely recognizes.

the championships are tainted. they didn't just start doing this crap. belichick stunk in cleveland....guess he just didn't have the right camera crew over there.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:17 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,862 times
Wow.... I can not believe there is truth in these allegations. The commisioner is actually talking about taking severe action against the Pats.

As much as I hate the Pats especially their errogant coach and golden boy Brady, I've always respected what they have done on the field. But now, I can't help but question all of their success in the last 7 years. It's like Barry Bonds hitting home runs, was cheating the reason for their success? Why would a great, well coached, loaded team cheat? I guess this may prove that they're not a classy organization after all which has been said by a lot of well respected players and coaches alike in the NFL.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 PM

673 posts, read 2,918,994 times
This was taken from an article on yahoo sports:

"Not shocking, perhaps. But embarrassing? Absolutely. The Green Bay Packers claim they caught a Patriots employee videotaping their signals a year ago and complained to the NFL."

I think it REALLY sucks....I mean this is what is taking the fun out of sports. Drugs, people like Michael Vick, cheating, etc. I really start to wonder why the Pats look so good out on the field now. Granted some of their players are talented but really how far can their talent take them if they are having to cheat? I think it sucks and that the NFL needs to stick it to them...enough of the crap.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:14 PM

5,772 posts, read 13,732,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
This was taken from an article on yahoo sports:

"Not shocking, perhaps. But embarrassing? Absolutely. The Green Bay Packers claim they caught a Patriots employee videotaping their signals a year ago and complained to the NFL."

I think it REALLY sucks....I mean this is what is taking the fun out of sports. Drugs, people like Michael Vick, cheating, etc. I really start to wonder why the Pats look so good out on the field now. Granted some of their players are talented but really how far can their talent take them if they are having to cheat? I think it sucks and that the NFL needs to stick it to them...enough of the crap.
Maybe it would be more accurate to ask the last question in the quoted post in a different way: Why does a team this good even feel any need to cheat? No, it doesn't make me question their recent championships. They were pretty clearly the best team, especially the years of their second and third championships. It does make you wonder some about the image of an outfit that is supposed to be one of the model organizations in pro sports. If it's true, it's ridiculous stuff for a team with such a classy image to get involved with. Hardly the biggest issue in pro sports, but dumb, nonetheless.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 AM

3,336 posts, read 12,649,322 times
The NFL announced today that it may take draft picks away from The Pats because of this issue. Just my two cents.....The Packers were accused of doing it, looks like the Pats were caught, if these two are doing it my guess would be that many more are doing it and just haven't been caught yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football