Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:58 AM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Maybe Italy would be a great idea. Having my Supper Bowl there would be tremendous.

We could start with Frittelle Di Granchio. I always prefer a Seafood Antipasti. Blue crap fritters with Lemon Puree and Chili Marmlade would get this Supper Bowl Started off right.

Moving right along to the main course we have to go with a two pasta dishes since the Supper Bowl will be on Sunday. The matchup will be two pasta dishes.

The home team is Gnocchi Di Ricotta. This team is Potato Dumblings Sauteed in a sage and Mushroom Prosciutto sauce. Simple delicious and a classic. Any missteps and this Supper Bowl could be a runaway which has been the case many times in the past.

At halftime we could have a nice Grappa to loosen up the participants and make the evening even more enjoyable. Perhaps a duet with a Rosso and the night will surely entertain. I just hope none of the women expose their breasts at the table after one two many glasses. That would be rude.

The visitor will be Linguini Al Granchio E Ricci. This team consists of Blue Crap meat, Zucchini, Tomatoes and Sea Urchins. A hard hitting group that will be game and give the Gnocchi a run for its money.

You have too much time on your hands, although quite funny. Would you cook for me please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 11:43 AM

85 posts, read 566,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Maybe Italy would be a great idea. Having my Supper Bowl there would be tremendous.

We could start with Frittelle Di Granchio. I always prefer a Seafood Antipasti. Blue crap fritters with Lemon Puree and Chili Marmlade would get this Supper Bowl Started off right.

Moving right along to the main course we have to go with a two pasta dishes since the Supper Bowl will be on Sunday. The matchup will be two pasta dishes.

The home team is Gnocchi Di Ricotta. This team is Potato Dumblings Sauteed in a sage and Mushroom Prosciutto sauce. Simple delicious and a classic. Any missteps and this Supper Bowl could be a runaway which has been the case many times in the past.

At halftime we could have a nice Grappa to loosen up the participants and make the evening even more enjoyable. Perhaps a duet with a Rosso and the night will surely entertain. I just hope none of the women expose their breasts at the table after one two many glasses. That would be rude.

The visitor will be Linguini Al Granchio E Ricci. This team consists of Blue Crap meat, Zucchini, Tomatoes and Sea Urchins. A hard hitting group that will be game and give the Gnocchi a run for its money.
Ya,whatever

Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Sorry, excluding the domes!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:19 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
We have a brand new stadium downtown Indianapolis ready to roll next year!

Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 AM

270 posts, read 1,159,865 times
X :You are right on Indy is just as deserving as any other large city. I think they have been working to become on of the major sports hubs in the US. The only problem with Indy alot of times they dont have enough hotels to accomodate everyone. But over all it is a great city and I love going there. Also dont forget the home of Super Bowl 41 champs and 2 and 0 this year

Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Juicebox, I'm with you on this. Indianapolis is a great city for sporting events and they have addressed the hotel problem to an extent. They just openned up the Conrad (5 star hotel downtown) and there are plans to build two more downtown mainly to be ready for a Superbowl bid. What makes Indianapolis great is that there is a good infrustructure to address traffic, parking etc.. downtown and everything you need is very close by. I remember when the Final 4 was here a couple of years ago and it was very smooth.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:47 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,810 times
I wish Green Bay could hold a Super Bowl but I dont think they could handle the amount of people (it would probably double the size of the city) and I think people would complain way too much about the cold...although I hope in the future they get one. My family lives about 30 miles from the stadium so that gives me a reason to go visit them!! LOL

I think Indy should get to hold a Super Bowl as well because it is a really nice city and their stadium isnt too shabby either. My friend and I went to a Jets/Colts game there and had an awesome time. We stayed at the Westin hotel. VERY nice, very $$

Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,169 times
Charlotte could possibly hold up to having a Super Bowl. Indy and Charlotte are both nice cities, but each does have an issue with accomodations. They both are working on that issue though, and one of them might get one one someday. I hope it would be Charlotte, for my own selfish reasons, I'm moving back there in a few months.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Charlotte could possibly hold up to having a Super Bowl. Indy and Charlotte are both nice cities, but each does have an issue with accomodations. They both are working on that issue though, and one of them might get one one someday. I hope it would be Charlotte, for my own selfish reasons, I'm moving back there in a few months.

I've been to the Charlotte stadium a few years back when the Packers played there. I must say, I was very impressed with the stadium. It was really nice...and the area we stayed in was great as well. A Double Tree hotel not too far from the stadium (actually we had a great view from our window). Nice people too, even with me wearing my Packers jersey around a few days before the game.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:55 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
I don't even care. I just think it's stupid that it always has to be in the south. If football was meant to be played in the heat, they'd start the season in April and play through the Summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football