U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM

673 posts, read 2,919,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
This season is turning into big fun, isn't it?

It sure is and its about time! I've been waiting for this to happen again...feels almost like the Holmgren years if things keep going
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Being from the Chicago area, I'm a Bear fan at heart and even when I lived in Milwaukee, I didn't root for the Packers. I moved to SF and was enjoying life as a Niner fan when Favre and the Pack came into town and whipped the Niners pretty good. I think the nation was surprised. I had previously wondered though about the emergence of the Favre-led Pack after watching them in an earlier MNF game that year. They looked very sharp, explosive, athletic, and talented. They showed that year that they had surpassed the great SF 49ers. It was the beginning of the end for the Niners' dynasty.

I think Favre is a great HOF quarterback, an all-time talent, and it will certainly be a loss when he leaves. I still don't root for the Pack, but I sure as hell respect that team as long as Favre is there. I have a great amount of respect for Brett Favre.
Posts like this are exactly the reason I'm a Brett Favre fan. Besides his numbers (which are incredible), Brett is a class act. Who is a better ambassador for the game? Who plays with the passion that Favre plays with? Who has more fun doing it? Favre *IS* football to me and I'm sure going to miss him when he's gone. He's one in a million.

Mike
Brett Favre jerseys, autographs, helmets, cards, & other Brett Favre gear.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 PM

442 posts, read 1,940,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
I have spend a good part of my adult life watching this guy on sunday's and feel very fortunate that I have had a chance to do so. I hope he plays forever ever...even if my packers lose I dont care so much anymore...I just cannot imagine football after brett!!!
My sister-in-law who lives in Hattiesburg, MS (Petal, actually) knows the family. She gets her hair done at the same place his wife does. They chat often and she has even been to his house. Very down-to-earth family.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,522,653 times
He just seems like the kind of guy it would be fun to hang out with and have a beer. The first game I watched with my husband when we were dating was the game when the Packers beat our Panthers in the playoffs but I liked him even then. I got to go see him play MNF at Panther stadium a few years ago (sitting in the good seats) and I was just giddy! He's an awesome quarterback and guy! I'll take him over Brady any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or