U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-16-2009, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
815 posts, read 1,845,043 times
Reputation: 297

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Brady won a SB as a rookie starter.
Brady got drafted in 2000, didnt win his first SB until 2002. He had a full two years to sit on the sidelines and learn the playbook before he became the Pats starter. By the way. the term "rookie starter", did you just make that up???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,192,203 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Brady got drafted in 2000, didnt win his first SB until 2002. He had a full two years to sit on the sidelines and learn the playbook before he became the Pats starter. By the way. the term "rookie starter", did you just make that up???

Brady came out in the 2000 draft and the Patriots won the Superbowl for the 01 season not the 02, hell in 02 they were 9-7 and didnt even sniff the playoffs. They won in 01, 03, & 04. So he started the season as the 4th string QB Behind Drew, John Friez and Micheal Bishop.or 1 year. He threw 3 passes in 2000. It was his first year starting hence why I labeled him a rookie starter. I guess that was just too complex for you to comprehend.

To your point, sitting on the sidelines means squat. If that was a measure of making you a good QB then career back ups like Billy Joe Holbert, Seneca Wallace, Billy Volek, Chris Redman, & Patrick Ramsey would all be primed and ready to win you 3 SB because they have been on the bench MOST of thier career "learning the system"

Jim Sorgi has backed up Peyton Manning going on 6 years, using your logic he could take over and win the SB too, because he has been on the bench "learning the system"

Last edited by Speedaddicted; 09-16-2009 at 06:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 07:09 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 4,930,427 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
As much as I like the Falcons I wouldnt go that far.
The keyword here is young. I saw Ryan lead BC against my Yellow Jackets, keep in mind that GTech had John Tenuta (a defensive wizard). Tenuta had a defense that confused Brady Quinn as a jr & sr, DJ Shockley (5th year senior), and Matt Stafford (not saying much). Matt Ryan was unfazed and poised in that game and he looked just like Tom Brady against the Steelers in that game (made all the right throws under pressure). They say that he put in work like Peyton. The kid Ryan's in his second year and could lead ATL to big things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
815 posts, read 1,845,043 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Brady came out in the 2000 draft and the Patriots won the Superbowl for the 01 season not the 02, hell in 02 they were 9-7 and didnt even sniff the playoffs. They won in 01, 03, & 04. So he started the season as the 4th string QB Behind Drew, John Friez and Micheal Bishop.or 1 year. He threw 3 passes in 2000. It was his first year starting hence why I labeled him a rookie starter. I guess that was just too complex for you to comprehend.

To your point, sitting on the sidelines means squat. If that was a measure of making you a good QB then career back ups like Billy Joe Holbert, Seneca Wallace, Billy Volek, Chris Redman, & Patrick Ramsey would all be primed and ready to win you 3 SB because they have been on the bench MOST of thier career "learning the system"

Jim Sorgi has backed up Peyton Manning going on 6 years, using your logic he could take over and win the SB too, because he has been on the bench "learning the system"

Your still trying to compare a QB who had 2 years of learning an NFL offense on the sidelines during games and 2 years of practicing with pro talent to a "real" rookie QB fresh out of college. Tom Brady in 2002 was not a rookie QB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
1,620 posts, read 2,400,643 times
Reputation: 499
Tom Brady was not a rookie QB when he started playing. He was a rookie when he signed with him. However that WAS his rookie season. It was his rookie season, but he was not a rookie QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,134,604 times
Reputation: 5966
Is this the Doplhins or Patriots thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Norwood, MN
1,828 posts, read 3,364,967 times
Reputation: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Brady won a SB as a rookie starter.
Actually, Brady was in his 2nd season,but his first with any appreciable playing time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Norwood, MN
1,828 posts, read 3,364,967 times
Reputation: 881
The Dolphins had better come up with some offense if they want to beat the Colts this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 05:11 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,192,203 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Your still trying to compare a QB who had 2 years of learning an NFL offense on the sidelines during games and 2 years of practicing with pro talent to a "real" rookie QB fresh out of college. Tom Brady in 2002 was not a rookie QB

What are you talking about 2002 for? He won the 1st SB in the 2001 1 season. They year after he was drafted. 1 year dude not 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2009, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,134,604 times
Reputation: 5966
Good gravy......

Tom Brady was drafted by the Patriots in April of 2000.

His rookie season, the 2000 season, he rode the bench behind Drew Bledsoe.

His second season in the NFL, the 2001 season, Brady became the starter when Drew Bledsoe was injured Sept 23, 2001. He started the next week, and the Patriots won the Super Bowl; Super Bowl XXXVI in New Orleans. That Super Bowl game was played Feb 3, 2002. As is always the case, they are the 2001 champs despite the Super Bowl being played in 2002. This is how it ALWAYS works. For example, the Colts are 2006 champs, the banners say 2006; despite the fact that the Super Bowl game was played in 2007.

His third season, the 2002 season, the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs.


Ok, now, this is the Dolphins thread. They play the Colts this week. I WANT MY FRIENDLY BANTER!!!

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/nfl/getty/indianapolis/2008/clark_dallas2_490.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top