U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 AM

580 posts, read 861,931 times

Advertisements

Well, these last two games we kept running the ball and results came. This is what we need to do, maintain possession and run Ronnie and Ricky.
Henne was pretty impressive not only for the passes but for how poised he wass and careful not to make mistakes.

The only troubling note is that our secondary is looking worse and worse at every game. It looks like every team can walk 80 yards down the field with 3 passes against us.

My points:

DAN HENNINGS
Our off coord is doing an amzing job utilizing what he has at best. he is giving time to Henne to get comfortable but at the same time he sees that our running game is opening up play-action options. Great calling.

HENNE
Nice to see this young guy play a mistakeless game

WHERE WAS CAMERON WAKE?
Did I miss him or he wasn't on the field? He looked more efficient than Porter or taylor last week; time to get him on the field for at least 10 plays/game.

GINN DID NOT DROP IT!
One catch, one TD, I can live with that.

WILL ALLEN - SEAN SMITH - HOW'S THE ROOKIE AGAIN?
Allen looks lost and it's getting worse. He makes a good play every 5 bad ones.

SECONDARY
How do you get caught off guard on 3rd and 22??

O-LINE
Great job, kept Henne safe, got our running game going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM

The Wildcat works this well in Miami and better than anywhere else, because other teams use it but still look at it as an exotic play. We implemented it in our regular playbook, it's integral part of our offense.
That said, I think the most stupid comment was made by Calvin Pace referring to Chad Henne as a "second year clown quarterback". I spare any comment....

Anyway, we'll definitely know more about our team and this season's possibilities after the next 3 games (Saints, @ Jets, @ Patriots). Somehow we should win two of them in order to be back in the chase also because New England seem to have some easy games coming for them.

We lost Cobbs for the season which is bad, but that will let us give a hard look at Hilliard.
And I hope to see Cameron Wake on the field against the Saints; he seems more effective than Porter and Taylor right now and he deserves at least to be part of the rotation.

It will be interesting to see the adjustments the Jets will make in 3 weeks in New York, I know Rex Ryan is going to come up with some kind of anti-wildcat defense. Hopefully we'll get White more involved in it to increase the options and keep the defense guessing.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:00 PM

1,990 posts, read 6,973,091 times
Wow....

You're up 24-3, and still loose the game. Total embrassment..

Old 10-25-2009, 06:32 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,359,666 times
They gave the Saints a darn good battle, New Orleans just has SUCH a good offense right now.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,186,833 times
WOW is all I can say!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,952,488 times
We gift wrapped the game

Old 10-26-2009, 07:57 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,186,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
We gift wrapped the game

By not playing defense?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:19 PM

The game against the Saints was a coaching collapse of major proportions. And no, I am not even referring to the infamous time-out we called.
Sparano and co. should know their team's limitations and abilities by now. We have been faring well when we run a lot, maintain possession with long drives and limit mistakes.
And that's how we started against the Saints. Then from the 3rd quarter on, for some mysterious reason somebody decided that it was enough Brown/William for the night and that it would have been a smart tactic trying to match the Saints in a shooting contest.

We ran 8 times in the entire second half, which is ridicolous. By doing that, by trying to force Henne to match Brees we gave the game away, a game we had in our hands.
More than the Saints making a comeback it was us stopping to do what we know and succeed at and deciding to enter unchartered territory.

Unfortunately this might be the loss that takes us down for real for the season, unless we manage miracles in NY and New England. We lose those and we can start testing all the youngsters for next season.

Why Sparano/Hennings started to throw balls and collect three-and-outs in the second half is a mistery. Sparano apologized and took responsibility for the timeout call: honor to him for stepping forward, but that honestly was nothing compared to the stubborness of insisting with something that wasn't working (simply because we are not too good at it).

Now going to NY and New England will be a tough double test.

Simply put: we need to run the ball 40+times per game (including wildcat) and keep doing our long winded drives that keep the opponent's defense on the field.

As for the players, we lost Will Allen for the season and I can tell you right now that he just played his last game ever as a Dolphin starter. Let's see how Davis fares now.

Ted Ginn Jr. had all kind of opportunities and second chances, but he keeps dropping balls like a tree drops leaves in fall. Is he a bust? Very close to it. Time to activate Turner and see what he has to offer.

And finally why the heck we haven't seen Cameron Wake in the last games?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:16 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,143,615 times
Beat the Jets twice in one season, way to go fins.

Ted Ginn showed up to play which was nice.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 PM

1,990 posts, read 6,973,091 times
^^^ Wonderful win! Anytime we beat the Jets, it's extra nice! But the 4th quarter is really getting me worried. I know this is a young team, but they need to play extra hard, and stop giving up so many points in the 4th. Just the thought of the phins, loosing that game, after Ginn ran the ball back not once, but twice, had me on edge. Now we're at NE. They have been playing tremendous ball as of now. We need this win. Hopefully, we can beat the Pats, but it will be tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football