U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 PM

1,477 posts, read 4,150,646 times

Advertisements

Way to go fins, always great to beat New England!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 11:49 AM

366 posts, read 235,230 times
Default Chad Henne of the Miami Dolphins

This guy is developing into a winning QB. He has a ROCKET for an arm and his accuracy is getting better by the week.

I think the Miami Dolphins have finally found a successor to Dan Marino. Hopefully he will have a better record in post season than Dan.

BTW, I love what Dan Marino did for the Dolphins. He just couldn't get that ring.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:53 PM

3,087 posts, read 5,857,828 times
Yeah, he looks great. If Dolphins get in the wildcard I can see them winning a playoff game.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:55 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,206,923 times
No offense but don't compare the two.Marino had no running game and that's why he didn't get a rin. Henne is coming along but if you watch him,he DEFINITELY has to work on his accuracy.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
No offense but don't compare the two.Marino had no running game and that's why he didn't get a rin. Henne is coming along but if you watch him,he DEFINITELY has to work on his accuracy.
True, but he is DEFINITELY coming along very well. Marino... It was so sad that such a great QB didn't get a ring.

I LOVE this recap of last week's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJLpU3542U4&NR=1

Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,015,040 times
Lancet71 is right. Other than Abdul Karim-Al Jabbar gaining over a thousand yards (have to look it up) just that one time Dan did not have a real threat in the backfield to take the pressure off him. One of the reasons that John Elway won those two Super Bowls at the tail end of his career was having a back that NFL clubs feared-Terrell Davis. He started out the gate impressively, and by 1997 he scored 3 touchdowns in Super Bowl XXXII and was named MVP. In 1998 he rushed for 2008 yards as Elway led his club to victory in Super Bowl XXXIII.

Does Dan Marino get back to the big dance if he had someone in that backfield that could do those type things. You bet he does. Bradshaw had Harris. Aikman had Emmit. Elway had Terrell Davis. It takes two.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Lancet71 is right. Other than Abdul Karim-Al Jabbar gaining over a thousand yards (have to look it up) just that one time Dan did not have a real threat in the backfield to take the pressure off him. One of the reasons that John Elway won those two Super Bowls at the tail end of his career was having a back that NFL clubs feared-Terrell Davis. He started out the gate impressively, and by 1997 he scored 3 touchdowns in Super Bowl XXXII and was named MVP. In 1998 he rushed for 2008 yards as Elway led his club to victory in Super Bowl XXXIII.

Does Dan Marino get back to the big dance if he had someone in that backfield that could do those type things. You bet he does. Bradshaw had Harris. Aikman had Emmit. Elway had Terrell Davis. It takes two.
I agree Double H. But I am REALLY beginning to like Chad Henne!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,015,040 times
Henne DOES have a bright future. Ricky Williams has 867 yards so far this season. The Dolphins are at 6-6, if they can win out and get a little help they can be the second wildcard. The Ravens are 6-6 as well, IMO its between these 2 clubs to see who the second one will be as Denver looks to be one of them barring a complete collapse, and that DID happen to them last year.Plus you have Jacksonville to contend with, they are 7-5.. The Steelers at 6-7 looks done regarding the playoffs. On an earlier thread I thought it would take a 10-6 record to get a wild card, now it looks like 9-7.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,206,923 times
I am a Steeler fan and the Dolphns are my second team.Henne does exude a certain positive vibe. He comes out like a general and in a year or two I can see him being a hell of a QB.I hope Ronnie Brown and Ricky stick around.Henne actually credits Pennington for alot of his progress. They have developed a good friendship and he has been a good mentor.I do also believe that they can make the playoffs this year.You also have to realize that Tom Brady is banged up so we do stand a chance of taking the division.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:02 AM

Henne seems to be the first QB since Marino that the Dolphins have a chance with. I certainly hope that is so. They've been through so many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football