U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 AM

4,917 posts, read 3,994,400 times

Advertisements

Well, all the Rumor Mills are churcning out stories that Peyton Manning will be paid whatever he wants to come play in Miami.
THAT IS IF and that is a very big IF the guy is ABLE to play, which he may not be and IF he is cut loose by the colts
Seems to me Ireland's brain is at work again.
Channing Crowder says he would not want to play for a team run by Ireland. Getting an aging, banged up 36 year old superstar who's best days Are probably behind him sounds like the kind of thang I'd expect from my FINZ.
Better look at replacing someone in the linebacking corps, finding two cornerbacks who don;t drop 25 passes a season that should have been interceptions and getting some depth on the offensive line first.
Oh did anyone see the great game Brandon Marchall played last night? Makes a difference when you have a QB who can throw and an offensive line that can block for said QB. Of course, having a one dimensional pass game like the FINZ have does not help. Most teams figured out that all they need to do is double cover Marshall, and the passing game is shut down. Maybe that 2nd round pick needs to go towards WR ?????
Then again it will not matter who the QB is if there is no one to block for him. Don't think Jeff Ireland understands football enough to realize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 02:53 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,219,902 times
Peyton would be a MASSIVE improvement for the team if he is healthy. I think he does have a few good years left and is definitely worth the risk.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 PM

11,737 posts, read 11,589,093 times
Brandon Marshall said he called Matt Flynn and talked to him, you guys aren't entertaining that idea??

Old 01-31-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Brandon Marshall said he called Matt Flynn and talked to him, you guys aren't entertaining that idea??
It's been discussed like crazy on the Bleacher Report.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:24 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,831,496 times
All we need is a QB really. Vonte Davis is a great corner, our defensive front is solid, and really started to click towards the end of the season, our O-Line isn't bad with Jake Long, Reggie Bush pretty much transformed into an every down back last year rushing for 1,000. I think we have the pieces, it's all up Ireland.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:59 AM

I am thinking depth at o-line, a second receiver and a safety or cb that can catch. Also,
the biggest convern, and I hope he proves me wrong, is a sub-par GM and a new coaching system that will get off the ground just in time for the next round of firings.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 AM

5,428 posts, read 6,415,770 times
No way Peyton is going down here. Hell no.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:56 PM

11,737 posts, read 11,589,093 times
I like Peyton, he's had a great career, but I don't understand all the excitement about teams getting him. Considering how much he wants to be in control and run the offense, seems to me it could be a problem more than spectacular plus it isn't a long term fix. Will be interesting to follow, I still say Matt Flynn for Miami.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Considering his age, his injury, his ability to throw accurately and with velocity is questionable, he has to be moved to the clearance rack. Sorry.
You can buy some great bargains on the clearance chelf, but mostly the clearance shelf is items that are outdated, discontinued or slightly damaged.

Not hat he would not sell a few tickets.

But behind an OLine that still has some depth and endurance issues, I would not want to put someone who needs a cane to move out of the pocket
I still say they need to see who is available at QB ofr draft, if someone who could be outstanding in a few years, then grab him, otherwise, work on OL then WR then DB/LB for the rest of the picks. They need to beef up the OL STILL!!!!!!!! Ireland, you soon to be unemployed doofus: are you reading this?!?!?!

When free agency rolls around , consider either a second WR, a QB and a RB That will stick around, if needed

Old 03-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Considering his age, his injury, his ability to throw accurately and with velocity is questionable, he has to be moved to the clearance rack. Sorry.
You can buy some great bargains on the clearance chelf, but mostly the clearance shelf is items that are outdated, discontinued or slightly damaged.

Not hat he would not sell a few tickets.

But behind an OLine that still has some depth and endurance issues, I would not want to put someone who needs a cane to move out of the pocket
I still say they need to see who is available at QB ofr draft, if someone who could be outstanding in a few years, then grab him, otherwise, work on OL then WR then DB/LB for the rest of the picks. They need to beef up the OL STILL!!!!!!!! Ireland, you soon to be unemployed doofus: are you reading this?!?!?!

When free agency rolls around , consider either a second WR, a QB and a RB That will stick around, if needed
The Manning family has a home in south florida and Manning likes the idea of playing there but it all depends on what Indy chooses to do. As far as Reggie bush goes, don't expect the same year. He has been on the decline and I expect him to play more like that. I would get another RB to alternate with him and that should keep him fresh. There are definitely enough quality free agent WR's out there now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football