Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 07:08 PM

14,322 posts, read 14,620,586 times

Advertisements

Well, Peyton is leaving the Colts so it will be interesting to see if he lands in Miami! Flynn didn't get franchised so he is a free agent (I didn't expect Ted T. to try and work a deal with a team, not his style)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 04:28 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I acutally think Matt Flynn would be a better option than Peyton if I were Miami. Peyton would offer more to a coach who needs to save his backside like Ken Whisenhunt, Rex Ryan, or Mike Shanahan. Philbin is in no rush since he is new therefore he can be more patient with a Flynn. Flynn would also be better b/c of that familiarity with Philbin's system.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I acutally think Matt Flynn would be a better option than Peyton if I were Miami. Peyton would offer more to a coach who needs to save his backside like Ken Whisenhunt, Rex Ryan, or Mike Shanahan. Philbin is in no rush since he is new therefore he can be more patient with a Flynn. Flynn would also be better b/c of that familiarity with Philbin's system.
You got a point. But Miami fans are in need of a playoff win and series run at the Super Bowl. It's been decades since a super bowl appearance and win (last apperance 84 and last win in 73).

What Peyton could bring is almost a guranteed shot at the playoffs. I know guaranteed is a bold word in that sense. But he would give Miami a better chance IMO short term than Matt Flynn.

Flynn has shown promise but he's still only played 2 games and both games were with the Packers which a lot of people say any decent QB could excel in.

I think if Miami has a chance to get Peyton they need to because he could be the one guy out there that could put Miami deep into the playoffs within the next 1-3 seasons. And that's exactly what needs to be done because it's been years since Miami has supported a winning ball club.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
You got a point. But Miami fans are in need of a playoff win and series run at the Super Bowl. It's been decades since a super bowl appearance and win (last apperance 84 and last win in 73).

What Peyton could bring is almost a guranteed shot at the playoffs. I know guaranteed is a bold word in that sense. But he would give Miami a better chance IMO short term than Matt Flynn.

Flynn has shown promise but he's still only played 2 games and both games were with the Packers which a lot of people say any decent QB could excel in.

I think if Miami has a chance to get Peyton they need to because he could be the one guy out there that could put Miami deep into the playoffs within the next 1-3 seasons. And that's exactly what needs to be done because it's been years since Miami has supported a winning ball club.
I'd love to have Peyton here, and I'd take Flynn as well. I think the concensus with most of us is NO MORE HENNE!!!

I saw that Peyton is going to Arizona to visit with the pesky red birds. Wonder if he could work miracles there?

Old 03-18-2012, 01:45 PM

OK, I'm very tired waiting for Peyton and the Dolphins are looking at Alex Smith? Are you kidding me?

Matt Flynn is better than Alex, inspite of the fact he's only played two games. He can throw the football, and is not a game manager.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
OK, I'm very tired waiting for Peyton and the Dolphins are looking at Alex Smith? Are you kidding me?

S
Matt Flynn is better than Alex, inspite of the fact he's only played two games. He can throw the football, and is not a game manager.

You do not have to wait anymore, the Dolphins are not interested in Peyton any longer

Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 PM

I know the Dolphins are out, but Peyton complicates Matt Flynn landing somewhere and now "fins" had Alex Smith come to Miami.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:54 PM

So if Peyton chooses the 49ers, maybe Alex will be the QB in Miami! Flynn is going to Seattle!

Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. IF I WIN THE 5 BILLION DOLLAR LOTTERY NEXT WEEK......I am Buying the Dolphins and Jeff IRELAND is FIRED ON THE SPOT

My 12 year old son will be the interim GM because he knows more about winning and building a winnning program than Ireland ever will.

I hope They at least find someone coming off an injury who wants to play QB
As for the drafts, interesting to see how they squander that.
No reason to lowball Flynne...he owuld have been a good it for that new system with the new coach...the one Ireland will probably fire in November (unless I get there first)

Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM

297 posts, read 401,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
No reason to lowball Flynne...he owuld have been a good it for that new system with the new coach...the one Ireland will probably fire in November (unless I get there first)
Really makes me wonder what Miami was offering Flynn because Seattle didn't exactly break the bank to convince him to be their QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football