U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM

23,642 posts, read 33,439,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
Really makes me wonder what Miami was offering Flynn because Seattle didn't exactly break the bank to convince him to be their QB.
I would actually find it to be a red flag that Philbin didn't beg Miami to break the bank to bring Flynn in considering he knew Flynn well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 08:10 PM

297 posts, read 340,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I would actually find it to be a red flag that Philbin didn't beg Miami to break the bank to bring Flynn in considering he knew Flynn well.
Yeah that is odd. I mean is the guy really that bad in practice? Because he has yet to look bad in a game.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM

758 posts, read 1,035,961 times
Well, the Dolphins might get Alex Smith who is awful but if not, will the Dolphins draft Ryan Tannehill?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,034,383 times
I thought Matt Moore played well for you guys down the stretch. As a Bears fan I do feel bad for Fins Fans.

Think about it you guys Passed on Brees for Culpepper.

Drafted Ted Gin.

Got passed on by Jeff Fisher, Habaugh and Manning.

On a side note Flynn is not proven. We only seen him play twice as a pro.

Whe have seen many backup QB do good in a few games and fail once they go elsewhere. Matt Castle and Kevin Kolb are prime examples.

David Garrad makes more since than signing someone who only started two games.

Alex Smith= Ehh!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM

The Dolphins are negotiating with Alex Smith, I wonder long and how much the contract will be if he signs...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
Yeah that is odd. I mean is the guy really that bad in practice? Because he has yet to look bad in a game.
No, he has been good in practice, not Aaron, but good! Being a GB fan (been to practices), something is strange. I'm wondering about Miami's front office, what Philbin got himself into. Philbin is good, but a quiet good, not an aggressive personality at all, on the passive side. Everyone is talking red flags, Philbin didn't want Flynn, it just seems very odd.

Last edited by susancruzs; 03-19-2012 at 06:31 AM..

Old 03-19-2012, 07:11 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,186,339 times
Word is that Garrard is supposed to come in today. Alex Smith will probably make a decision after the Manning deal is done especially if he goes to San Fran but there is also a good possibility according to many that Matt Moore will remain the starter.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 AM

1,815 posts, read 1,759,593 times
Living here, a lot of people think that the Dolphins are a very confused and at times, disorganized franchise.

It appears that a lot of the top players dont want to come down here-----that this a floundering franchise headed for constant mediocrity.

Ross and Ireland are not very popular right now----the fins are losing season ticket holders in bunches, and unless they can correct the direction they are headed, the echos will be loud in Dolphin Stadium next year.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 AM

The Dolphins signed David Garrard and if he starts, Dolphins are screwed

Old 03-20-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Living here, a lot of people think that the Dolphins are a very confused and at times, disorganized franchise.

It appears that a lot of the top players dont want to come down here-----that this a floundering franchise headed for constant mediocrity.

Ross and Ireland are not very popular right now----the fins are losing season ticket holders in bunches, and unless they can correct the direction they are headed, the echos will be loud in Dolphin Stadium next year.
Yeah that is what I was exactly thinking, poor Dolphins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football