U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 11:26 PM

373 posts, read 265,693 times

Advertisements

Any plans the Dolphins will give Jay Ajayi a start?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 06:33 PM

4,889 posts, read 3,977,230 times
Dennis Hickey, Miami Dolphins part ways

GOOD RIDDANCE !!

Now if we could just get an owner who had a clue...........

Old 01-04-2016, 07:14 AM

NO !

Mike Shanahan to interview for Dolphins coaching job | FOX Sports

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Shanahan is trying to coach a game 20 years in the past, which is why he goes 3-13 now instead of 13-3

Why not just prop Don Shula up in his wheelchair and let him coach ?

Old 01-04-2016, 07:18 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,128,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
NO !

Shanahan is trying to coach a game 20 years in the past, which is why he goes 3-13 now instead of 13-3

Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,236,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
NO !

Shanahan is still a good coach, and this is coming from a Washington Redskins fan. The issue is similar to that of Chip Kelly. Shanahan wanted more control over front office duties and there always seemed to be a power struggle with that. Shanahan did bring in some good draft picks (Ryan Kerrigan, Alfred Morris, Kirk Cousins), but for the most part, if he is just relegated to being a head coach and nothing more, Mike Shanahan would be a great choice. If he wants a head coach/GM position, watch out!

Old 01-04-2016, 05:25 PM

I think the game has evolved beyond the style that Shanahan can provide. Kind of like Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs back in the day....great coaches at the time, but the game evolved and they did not. Shanahan is kind of a relic from years gone by, I doubt he would win in Miami'

Sean Peyton may be available.........

Old 01-14-2016, 05:02 PM

SO they hired a coach.

Ross: So hi You want to be a coach?

Gase : Yes

Ross:
The job does not pay well

Gase No problem

Ross OK Sign here

Ross: That was easy. Just hired the first one who came along and works for cheap ! I am going back home to New York now. Call me next January!

Old 01-17-2016, 02:11 PM

6,625 posts, read 10,684,371 times
I knew after last year's draft that the 2015 season would be a big disappointment.

In my view, the Dolphins need better players, besides everywhere, but most of all at offensive line and linebacker, and they did absolutely nothing to address those two problem areas. Instead they spent, what, $95M on an ineffectual defensive tackle, another tens of millions on a mediocre quarterback, and they shifted around on receivers.

There are some bright spots among the players, but there is no reason for optimism with this new coaching staff right now. We'll have our first concrete signals at the next draft.

Good Luck!

Old 04-07-2016, 09:29 PM

4,325 posts, read 2,261,580 times
Dolphins preseason schedule just came out:
Week 1 at New York Giants
Week 2 at Dallas
Week 3 vs Atlanta
Week 4 vs Tennessee

Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM

The Dolphin mentality is to try to change things every year, the old adage of throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks

Teams who succeed, like the Evil Patriots, formulate a plan and stick with it. And they win often.

Teams like the Dolphins HAVE no plan. In the business world, companies without a plan tend to go broke. Look at how far the FINZ have gotten

The idea of playing free agency like fantasy football needs to stop. And Suh was not the only problem.....remember Mike Wallace? A player who fit perfectly in the Steelers system, but in a different season, ended up being a waste of $$

And the team has no $$ to waste.

The system has been broken for a while.

Regardless of the Draft Picks, due to the thin talent in this years draft, I predict a last place finish.
I am still a Dolphins fan forever, but I am realistic about the chances, which are not good for the 2016 season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football