U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 AM

792 posts, read 2,903,168 times

Advertisements

Early season's holiday card to Brain Billick from Miami fans- odds are I think, Baltimore would have scored if they went for it instead of kicking a tying fg. Even if you dispute that, why on green's earth would you play for OT when you are that close to winning from inside the one and you may never see the ball again because of a coin flip? To boot, Baltimore had a 4-9 record w/ no shot at the playoffs. What is there to lose? What Billick did makes zero sense- its as though he felt sorry for the Dolphins' predicament and wanted to give them a second chance to muster a win at long last.

Having said that.....Cleo Lemon to Greg Camarillo...you can't stop it, you can only hope to contain it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 09:23 PM

828 posts, read 2,893,432 times
Default Bill Parcells!!!!

Christmas has come early...especially if you are a Miami Dolphins fan.
First, we get our first win of the season...
Next, we get Bill Parcells to run our team...
Things come in three's!

Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
Default So what's the third?

I guess the third thing would be Parcells CLEANING HOUSE on all of the current coaching staff!

This guy is great! He's my second favorite coach. The first being Jim Mora, of course.

"No offense, but what we call J*P plays, you know-surprise things..."

I can't wait until he gets back on the podium! He's especially great after a loss!

When does he start?

Old 12-20-2007, 02:08 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,879,001 times
I'm happy for the 'fins. A 0-16 season would've been very humiliating.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:55 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,879,001 times
Parcells is a good coach because players know not to mess with him.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:34 PM

536 posts, read 1,099,263 times
he is a great coach and talent evaluator until he bolts out and quits early like he does every other stop he's been to

Old 12-22-2007, 08:51 PM

828 posts, read 2,893,432 times
Every team that he has been with has improved.
I am willing to have Tuna with my 'Fins for a few seasons.
The changes are obvious...
Continuing to rebuild the O-Line.
Start to rebuild the defense, especially at DT.
A secondary that can be counted on and is not injury prone.
Another WR.
And, the most obvious, a new QB.
Taking care of both lines is the most important priority to me.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:56 PM

964 posts, read 2,646,160 times
Although you could debate it for a very long time, I think Parcells has taken over losing teams and turned them into winning teams. He might not have created dynasty-type runs of winning Super Bowls, but has created winning teams.

In the past, his strength was that his genius has tremendous impact because he was there, in the trenches, on the sideline, in the locker room, etc. In this case though, during the season, his genius may have to travel from the box to the sidelines. I think, if given the opportunity, he'll succeed.

Eric

Old 12-30-2007, 03:21 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
I'd agree about the Tuna. He commands respect and gets things in order. Maybe that's his niche. Fixing wayward teams.

His success was obvious with the Giants. You could say he helped put the Pats in the right direction before their recent Dynasty; remember the Super Bowl XXXI? Do you remember the 1-15 laughing stalk of the AFC? In about 6 years, Parcells took this team back to the Super Bowl. A new ownership that was very anti-Parcells and the addition of The Hoody, and you've got yourself and NFL dominating team.

A stint with the Jets, then off to Dallas. Now, I think that the Bum's Son is the best thing since sliced bread; but don't you have to give a little bit of the credit to the Tuna?

Old 10-05-2008, 02:03 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,538,378 times
Default Dolphins!

17 - 10 over the Chargers!

Go Fins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football