U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 04:28 PM

4,930 posts, read 4,006,851 times

Advertisements

KEEP TANNEHILL
THE PROBLEM WITH THE OFFENSE IS STILL THE LINE. Shore up some Blocking with a solid First Round Tackle that can play guard as well. Or a center that can play guard even. Someone who is built like a Sherman tank and has the speed and strength of a Saturday Nite Rassler
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 05:15 PM

929 posts, read 301,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by largekingcat View Post
keep tannehill
the problem with the offense is still the line. Shore up some blocking with a solid first round tackle that can play guard as well. Or a center that can play guard even. Someone who is built like a sherman tank and has the speed and strength of a saturday nite rassler
bingo

Old 02-22-2018, 05:14 AM

I would resign James. He was one of the decent performers on the line

In the Draft. I like OU's Brown, he is versatile enough to play both positions, but pound for pound I'd go with Nelson from ND instead.

The Free Agent list does not hold the answer, so whoever the GM of the week is needs to NOT play fantasy football by looking for Billion dollar starters on the OL

Maybe a few that can bring some depth though, but I'd avoid the ones who are injury plagued and have limited experience, which is many
I'd also look for someone who can be had at a bargain basement price understanding that as long sa they bring a good attitude and some help on 3rd down or late in the 4th Quarter off the bench then they may be worth the league minimum.

Old 03-23-2018, 03:52 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,165,760 times
Osweiler signs with Dolphins.

Brock Osweiler signs contract with Miami Dolphins - NFL.com

Old 08-12-2018, 07:46 PM

I have said this over and over again and no one in the Dolphins organization seems to understand it or get it. Offensive line makes or breaks the entire program. I have seen more mediocre quarterbacks and running backs win the Super Bowl behind a strong offensive line yet I have never seen success with a decent quarterback in a poor offensive line. That is what the Dolphins need to address. The offensive line has not been nfl-caliber and based on what I saw in the opening plays of the first preseason game it's still is not. I don't think it matters if Tannehill, Griese, or Marino or my grandma is the quarterback.....if there is not 5 or 6 guys up front that control the play, each and every time, then the offense will fail.

I would build the offensive line first, the defensive line second, then worry about the franchise qb.

But then again, I like to win.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I have said this over and over again and no one in the Dolphins organization seems to understand it or get it. Offensive line makes or breaks the entire program. I have seen more mediocre quarterbacks and running backs win the Super Bowl behind a strong offensive line yet I have never seen success with a decent quarterback in a poor offensive line. That is what the Dolphins need to address. The offensive line has not been nfl-caliber and based on what I saw in the opening plays of the first preseason game it's still is not. I don't think it matters if Tannehill, Griese, or Marino or my grandma is the quarterback.....if there is not 5 or 6 guys up front that control the play, each and every time, then the offense will fail.

I would build the offensive line first, the defensive line second, then worry about the franchise qb.

But then again, I like to win.
The Cat Man is a super gnarly dude, and he gnows what goes!

Old 09-17-2018, 10:48 PM

5,437 posts, read 2,621,695 times
2-0 Baby!

Can’t win em all unless you win the first two

Old 09-23-2018, 04:00 PM

929 posts, read 301,540 times
Another win and a brilliant day from Tannehill. I understand the competition hasn't been the best, but so many were picking Oakland to win this game. The Dolphins will continue to fly under the radar into next week's showdown at Foxboro. Win that one, and suddenly the Dolphins would be virtually running away with the division inside the first week of October. Crazy to imagine such a scenario. And remember, no Edelman for the Patriots until the week after this upcoming game. We're getting close to the media once again having egg on its face for selling Adam Gase short.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:53 PM

I haven't followed the Dolphins seriously in a while, but now that they're 3-0, I'm getting curiouser and curiouser.

Who knows? They may just be a possible bandwagon team for me when the Arizona Cardinals once again slide into the abyss and totally fail me!

Yep. I'm beginning to wonder what they'll do over the 2018 season. Tannehill and his guys seem to be coming on, even though they've been playing some less than stellar teams lately. The next several weeks should show what they're really made of.

We'll see...

Old 09-25-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
I haven't followed the Dolphins seriously in a while, but now that they're 3-0, I'm getting curiouser and curiouser.

Who knows? They may just be a possible bandwagon team for me when the Arizona Cardinals once again slide into the abyss and totally fail me!

Yep. I'm beginning to wonder what they'll do over the 2018 season. Tannehill and his guys seem to be coming on, even though they've been playing some less than stellar teams lately. The next several weeks should show what they're really made of.

We'll see...
Yep, Colt we will see. This team does not find ways to screw up so much as just not get going from the start. The fact that they are out ofvthe gate fast is a very good sign. I am happy they are winning but they are in need of depth all around and still lack the OL to develop a for a consistant deep threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football