U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:25 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,165,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Yep, Colt we will see. This team does not find ways to screw up so much as just not get going from the start. The fact that they are out ofvthe gate fast is a very good sign. I am happy they are winning but they are in need of depth all around and still lack the OL to develop a for a consistant deep threat.
Sounds right.

They'll absolutely have to keep Tannehill upright and respirating... in order to be somewhat offensively righteous, if not totally relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 02:27 PM

5,437 posts, read 2,621,695 times
3-0 :d

Old 09-27-2018, 09:07 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,165,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
3-0 :d
Hey, AJ, you need to post on here more often if you're a real Fins fan, and not only when they win!

Old 09-27-2018, 09:59 AM

929 posts, read 301,540 times
This is the most impossible game to get a good read on as to what will happen. The Dolphins are probably not getting their due that they should be because of a lack of star power and of course, not the most difficult of schedules less far. But as I stated before the season, they would be better than what most projected them to be. I don't know what this nonsense was about regarding Adam Gase being fired mid-season. Boy, people just are more than ever, incapable of remembering what happened more than 15 minutes ago; and with Tannehill going down before last season started, the Dolphins were pretty well doomed in 2017 after by far playing the best of his career during Miami's long winning streak in 2016 before being hurt then too.

And nobody knows what to expect from the Patriots. This is not a Super Bowl team- I stated that before the season. But Belichick can masquerade deficiencies and apply bandaids to problems better than any coach ever. This feels different than some of the other early season Patriot struggles. It doesn't mean the Patriots aren't still ultimately a 10 or 11 win team headed towards another division title. But they are slow and another week without Edelman: the Dolphins got the Patriots in Foxboro in the nick of time. Insane to think the Dolphins could be up three games on the Patriots one-quarter the way into the season! It feels like a Patriot victory for that simple reasoning alone. I suspect the Patriots find a way to win a close one. But as crazy as it sounds, if I were told this game was to be a blowout, I suspect it will be the Dolphins putting the whooping on. Strange match-up, big game for both, and very difficult to get a read on this one.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:00 PM

4,930 posts, read 4,006,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
This is the most impossible game to get a good read on as to what will happen. The Dolphins are probably not getting their due that they should be because of a lack of star power and of course, not the most difficult of schedules less far. But as I stated before the season, they would be better than what most projected them to be. I don't know what this nonsense was about regarding Adam Gase being fired mid-season. Boy, people just are more than ever, incapable of remembering what happened more than 15 minutes ago; and with Tannehill going down before last season started, the Dolphins were pretty well doomed in 2017 after by far playing the best of his career during Miami's long winning streak in 2016 before being hurt then too.

And nobody knows what to expect from the Patriots. This is not a Super Bowl team- I stated that before the season. But Belichick can masquerade deficiencies and apply bandaids to problems better than any coach ever. This feels different than some of the other early season Patriot struggles. It doesn't mean the Patriots aren't still ultimately a 10 or 11 win team headed towards another division title. But they are slow and another week without Edelman: the Dolphins got the Patriots in Foxboro in the nick of time. Insane to think the Dolphins could be up three games on the Patriots one-quarter the way into the season! It feels like a Patriot victory for that simple reasoning alone. I suspect the Patriots find a way to win a close one. But as crazy as it sounds, if I were told this game was to be a blowout, I suspect it will be the Dolphins putting the whooping on. Strange match-up, big game for both, and very difficult to get a read on this one.
Why I think MY FINZ will WIN :

The Patriots are not going to be a Super Bowl team. My predictions are already blown. as I mentioned before, stories are that Tom Brady likes coach Belichick, but 52 other guys do not. And there is a new defensive coordinator who does not seem to have the same knack for the job that Fatt Matt had. There is also this grumpy QB named Brady, who is getting pretty cranky in his old age, and his rants and F-Bombs on the sidelines are not inspiring. They are only serving to alienate some of the hired help brought in to try to fill the offensive gaps. They have some key injuries and suspensions going into the game. If Josh Gorden plays, don't expect too much, his timing will be off and he and Brady have not played a real game together.

But one other thing: There is no depth at Left Defensive End for my Finz. That is going to be Gronk's side. Unless Cameron Wake plays, they need to push into a 6 front or 3-4 allowing a faster LB to shadow Gronk, because GRONK has a sore foot and will not be at 100% !!!!

When MY FINZ have the ball, with the Patriots #28 ranked defense who is all banged up, just let Tannehill loose. Control the tempo, keep the drives going, and make the Patriots defense wear out. When Brady has the ball surrounded by his banged up teammates, chase him and force him to get mad, get frustrated and have a hissy fit on the sidelines. The result will be exactly the same as in two of his previous games: A loss. The FINZ offense is ranked higher than the Patriots defense and same with the FINZ defense, Tom Brady runs the number 25 offense, and that is not good. So make him mess up.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:03 PM

929 posts, read 301,540 times
Well, proven again you can't let Tannehill loose. What an unmitigated disaster. Credit the Patriots- looked determined and faster defensively, and great game planning to make Tannehill hang on to the ball longer, particularly on 3rd-and-long situations. But Gase has done his best to play to Tannehill's strengths. But when the pocket breaks down and when the Dolphins are in long passing downs, Tannehill is lost. I've defended him to a degree because of the o-line woes in recent years, but today was the last straw. The passes too were constantly behind receivers. Its time to move on and look for a QB next off-season. I'm not over-reacting because of a bad day for the Fins today. Only when teams allow the Dolphins to be comfortable as to what they do offensively, do we see the good Tannehill. And that's not what you want the bar to be set at when it comes to your quarterback play.

And what is it in recent years that brings out the worst when it comes to comical gaffes by the Dolphins in Foxborough? I didn't necessarily think Miami played poorly there in the Brady era (even despite not winning there since 2008) until the last five seasons or so. Ridiculous and plentiful penalties, shanked punts, snaps mishandled or due to miscommunication with the center. This game was a carbon copy of the Foxborough loss on a Thursday night when Dan Campbell was the interim coach and the Dolphins had come into that game playing well.

Usually in the NFL lopsided games are a 50-50 combination of one team playing very well, being prepared, and game planning correctly, while the opponent embarrasses itself with a barrage of ineptitude. This was that prototype game.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:11 PM

What was already a shaky offensive line has gotten a lot worse. During the Patriots game the center, Kilgore, injuted a tricept and is likely done for the season. Bobby McCain, at the corner, is possibly out a month. So with a very thin offensive line that really had no decent backups on the bench look for Tannehill to get chased, hurried and sacked even more.

So, not making the offensive line of priority all these years has hurt them again. It would had they developed and drafted offensive line in the first two rounds of the past 2 or 3 years or let the defense be built by early draft picks and allowing them to win games for them. Teams like the Bears get by with a strong defense and a mediocre offense and numerous teams over the past 52 years including but not limited to the Raiders Redskins Buccaneers Bears Giants have won Super Bowls with mediocre offenses and top-rated defenses. I don't know why this is so difficult for the owners and management of my fins comprehend

Based on the past several years performance there is no long-term plan no goal and the idea of rewriting replanting and trying something new each season does not work. Yet, they still do it

Old 10-09-2018, 10:54 AM

MY FINZreport that 3 of the opening day offensive linemen will be out against the Bears. That means 3 subs at offensive line, 3 subs that are not that good sadly. As a result, Tannehill will get the blame for what is likely to be a poor performance

Old 12-24-2018, 10:32 AM

FIRST Let me say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you. Hope you have a fantastic Holiday season, and a great New Year. And hope MY FINZ will too.
[IMG][/IMG]

THAT BEING SAID......
There are Grumblings already in Miami and about the fan base of changes coming to the organization. Just what these changes are remains to be seen, because the Man in Charge, Ross, has yet to say anything. But something must be up, the way he stormed out of the press box after the game yesterday.

Now first off, much of the problem for the team's failures can be placed on the Owner. If he wants to win at this game, he has yet to demonstrate it with his actions. In order for a team to win, the GM, Owner and Coach must have a long term plan and stick with it. Sadly, many teams lack this insight.

Think about this. If the team goes 0-16 he still make money, thanks to profit sharing and fans like me who will still buy merchandise. So from a business standpoint, he has no incentive to win. Certainly winning would mean MORE money, but money is pretty much guaranteed either way Which comes to step two, hiring coaches, general managers who have a plan and can manage and operate a team along the long term plan. This does not mean hiring the person who will work for the cheapest salary.

JOB OPENING Head Football Coach of Miami Dolphins. No Experience Necessary. Pays $35,000 year plus bonus and incentives for winning.

Ready for a career in Professional sports? The Miami Dolphins are seeking applicants for a position of general manager. High school diploma and basic literacy skilled required. Minimum wage with overtime and free parking.

If the team wants to win, they need to go after a good coach. Not Cam Cameron. Not Phil Philbin. Not Adam Gase. But someone with experience. The only likely candidates right now are Mike McCarthy, who has won a Super Bowl but fired after his team gave him too little to work with, kind of like the way Ross does, and Charlie Weiss, who would be a repeat of the 3 aforementioned coaches. So not many choices, but obviously, the team has had pretty low standards so far anyway

Lots of talk about the QB situation. The Press in Miami already is
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...nehill-must-go

Lots of fans want Tannehill gone. OK Maybe. But who would throw in the meantime?
Best free agents coming on the market Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater. YIKES
Best College QB's Herber maybe But this draft class has no mannings or brees'

The biggest problem remains the Offensive Line. The team said that they "Fixed the offensive line problem" in free agency. They did not fix anything. Offensive lineman are the most hit people in Football. Buying offensive linemen in free agency can be like buying a used car.....yes it was once nice and luxurious, but now it has miles on it and sooner or later it IS going to break down and wear out.
Still, I would not mind Mitch Morse of the Chefs at Center for the Finz.

There are some solid options at Offensive line in the draft. I would take 3 of them in the first 3 rounds.

And should Tannehill go? Well, yes and no. If he goes he must be replaced at the expense of the Offensive Front which is desperately needed at this point. Brock Osweiler could survive a year if need be.

THE QB I want is Sophomore Jordon Love. He is 6'4" has a rocket arm and can run. Look at getting him in any way possible in 2021 Or 2020 if he skips his senior year. And if he stays healthy. He has the style of play with which I would want to build.

Style of play you say? That's a misunderstood phrase in Miami.......

Yes it is. It means finding a skill set that allows all the players to match up and work together as a team. And it is something that the next coach and GM of the Finz must understand, because clearly the Owner Does not.

Old 12-24-2018, 10:57 AM

4,326 posts, read 2,286,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
FIRST Let me say MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you. Hope you have a fantastic Holiday season, and a great New Year. And hope MY FINZ will too.
[IMG][/IMG]

THAT BEING SAID......
There are Grumblings already in Miami and about the fan base of changes coming to the organization. Just what these changes are remains to be seen, because the Man in Charge, Ross, has yet to say anything. But something must be up, the way he stormed out of the press box after the game yesterday.

Now first off, much of the problem for the team's failures can be placed on the Owner. If he wants to win at this game, he has yet to demonstrate it with his actions. In order for a team to win, the GM, Owner and Coach must have a long term plan and stick with it. Sadly, many teams lack this insight.

Think about this. If the team goes 0-16 he still make money, thanks to profit sharing and fans like me who will still buy merchandise. So from a business standpoint, he has no incentive to win. Certainly winning would mean MORE money, but money is pretty much guaranteed either way Which comes to step two, hiring coaches, general managers who have a plan and can manage and operate a team along the long term plan. This does not mean hiring the person who will work for the cheapest salary.

JOB OPENING Head Football Coach of Miami Dolphins. No Experience Necessary. Pays $35,000 year plus bonus and incentives for winning.

Ready for a career in Professional sports? The Miami Dolphins are seeking applicants for a position of general manager. High school diploma and basic literacy skilled required. Minimum wage with overtime and free parking.

If the team wants to win, they need to go after a good coach. Not Cam Cameron. Not Phil Philbin. Not Adam Gase. But someone with experience. The only likely candidates right now are Mike McCarthy, who has won a Super Bowl but fired after his team gave him too little to work with, kind of like the way Ross does, and Charlie Weiss, who would be a repeat of the 3 aforementioned coaches. So not many choices, but obviously, the team has had pretty low standards so far anyway

Lots of talk about the QB situation. The Press in Miami already is
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...nehill-must-go

Lots of fans want Tannehill gone. OK Maybe. But who would throw in the meantime?
Best free agents coming on the market Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater. YIKES
Best College QB's Herber maybe But this draft class has no mannings or brees'

The biggest problem remains the Offensive Line. The team said that they "Fixed the offensive line problem" in free agency. They did not fix anything. Offensive lineman are the most hit people in Football. Buying offensive linemen in free agency can be like buying a used car.....yes it was once nice and luxurious, but now it has miles on it and sooner or later it IS going to break down and wear out.
Still, I would not mind Mitch Morse of the Chefs at Center for the Finz.

There are some solid options at Offensive line in the draft. I would take 3 of them in the first 3 rounds.

And should Tannehill go? Well, yes and no. If he goes he must be replaced at the expense of the Offensive Front which is desperately needed at this point. Brock Osweiler could survive a year if need be.

THE QB I want is Sophomore Jordon Love. He is 6'4" has a rocket arm and can run. Look at getting him in any way possible in 2021 Or 2020 if he skips his senior year. And if he stays healthy. He has the style of play with which I would want to build.

Style of play you say? That's a misunderstood phrase in Miami.......

Yes it is. It means finding a skill set that allows all the players to match up and work together as a team. And it is something that the next coach and GM of the Finz must understand, because clearly the Owner Does not.
Nice Christmas tree 🎄 KingCat and Merry Christmas to you too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football