U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 02:23 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,357,562 times

Advertisements

I called that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 03:16 PM

23,649 posts, read 33,451,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
17 - 10 over the Chargers!

Go Fins!
WOW i'm pretty surprised.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,553,261 times
Default Heart Attack Dolphins

Man, I swear this team is trying to give me a heart attack. They let teams stick around until the very last second of the game.

I'm looking forward to them going on the road the last two games; they seem to play much better on the road than at home.

Dolphins 14
Niners 9

I'll take the win and the 'Fins are now 9-5!

http://www.logoshak.com/%7Easgsport/images/Miami_Dolphins.gif (broken link)http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0008/3217/random_key_61965_file_miami.dolphins_article.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-14-2008 at 03:34 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 08:06 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,520,297 times
10 turnovers in 14 games the FINs are on pace to set that record. They play opportunistic D and are tough in the red zone, the D hasnt given up a TD in 3 games. The O is inconsistent and special teams have been giving up some long returns. We are winning the close games that we lost in the recent past. The formula is tenuous and keeps you on the edge of your seat for the entire game so watching them can be stressful or exciting depending on your outlook. I'd like to get a big lead and coast for a game every now and then.

Love what Sparano, Ireland and Tuna have done with the turnaround from 1-15 last year. Anything can happen, keep your fingers crossed

Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
10 turnovers in 14 games the FINs are on pace to set that record. They play opportunistic D and are tough in the red zone, the D hasnt given up a TD in 3 games. The O is inconsistent and special teams have been giving up some long returns. We are winning the close games that we lost in the recent past. The formula is tenuous and keeps you on the edge of your seat for the entire game so watching them can be stressful or exciting depending on your outlook. I'd like to get a big lead and coast for a game every now and then.

Love what Sparano, Ireland and Tuna have done with the turnaround from 1-15 last year. Anything can happen, keep your fingers crossed

They are polar opposites of what they were last year. If they can be more consistent on offense, and correct those special teams problems, they'll be a contender for sure.

The D puzzles me. They were on the field for SO LONG during that niner game, but never gave up a touchdown. I think the niners had the ball for something like 40 minutes during that game. It's a real testament to the bend but don't break defense.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 PM

546 posts, read 1,923,622 times
The Dolphins are playing great defense though the offense concerns me. 14 points last week at home against the niners isn't gonna continue to cut it. Tough game this week at KC but I like the Fins to win the next 2 games for the division. Go dolphins!

Old 12-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
The Dolphins are playing great defense though the offense concerns me. 14 points last week at home against the niners isn't gonna continue to cut it. Tough game this week at KC but I like the Fins to win the next 2 games for the division. Go dolphins!
It would be the biggest turnaround for any team in the history of the NFL. To go from 1-15 to outright division winner would be awesome.

I have my fingers crossed, but still won't be disappointed by the season if they don't make it because they've shown so much improvement since last year.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:11 AM

I'd be dissapponted if the Dolphins don't make the playoffs because we're the Dolphins and we've had a great tradition of going to the playoffs. The fans need it just as bad as the organization does to play in the playoffs. Besides, it would kill me to watch Denver/San Diego in the playoffs seeing how bad those 2 teams have played this year.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305guy View Post
I'd be dissapponted if the Dolphins don't make the playoffs because we're the Dolphins and we've had a great tradition of going to the playoffs. The fans need it just as bad as the organization does to play in the playoffs. Besides, it would kill me to watch Denver/San Diego in the playoffs seeing how bad those 2 teams have played this year.

Truthfully, I'll be disappointed as well. I am just guarded against hoping too much..

Old 12-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Dolphins are victorious after another close win! Chad is playing lights out right now and unlike the Jets, the Dophins can win when they go out west. The storyline about Chad going back to NY with everything on the line could not be written any better! Go Dolphins! Put an end to the Jets choke job of a season!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football