Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:17 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times

Advertisements

I may not live in So Fla anymore, but the Dolphins continue to make me cry. Someone please play some Hootie & the Blowfish for me tonight. what a dismal game with so many turnovers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 07:41 PM

518 posts, read 2,225,536 times
When it comes to the Dolphins, there are two safe predictions -- they WON'T make the playoffs this season, and their billionaire owner WILL raise ticket prices.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:46 PM

most fans don't care about the owner, and playoffs or not...we'll always shed tears over them

Old 09-17-2007, 05:26 AM

440 posts, read 1,494,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
most fans don't care about the owner, and playoffs or not...we'll always shed tears over them

Hey the Dolphins and UM suck .... but at least we have the best high school football team ( Northwestern ) in the country !!!

I wish there was a rule in the NFL where you have to have been born in the state where your team is located ... imagine the Dolphins , Bucs and Jags would be great and the Pats , Jets and Bears would suck . In fact teams from Florida , California , Texas and Ohio would rule !!

Just wishful dreamin !!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 PM

if we had that rule in hockey all the teams in the lower 48 would suck!

Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
We need to birng Don Shula(COACH), Dan Marino and Larry Csonka out of retirement and back to the Dolphins if we are to have a chance at the playoffs

Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 AM

440 posts, read 1,494,838 times
Quote:
if we had that rule in hockey all the teams in the lower 48 would suck!

Who watches hockey ........

Football is king .... baaby !!!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:20 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
I just don't see why people care so much about professional sports. Paying big $$$ to sit in the hot sun watch a group of adults wear out their bodies chasing a ball for millions a year doesn't seem like fun. Regardless of who wins or loses, it has little effect on our lives. Besides, most football fans I know are too fat to play the game themself. If I can't play it, I don't watch it. A good friend of mine was a Dol-Fan but he moved from Florida and gave up being a spectator and does things with the family now. When they do watch football it is together on TV, and nobody cares who wins!

Old 09-20-2007, 04:49 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,880,345 times
I learned alot of useful lessons on those hot august days playing little league football for Westwood lakes. Reaching deep down inside to continue when exhausted is a a lesson I learned playing football and boxing. When I moved to Michigan and began spending my summers on my cousins farm those boys were suprised that the little city kid could go bail for bail with them during hay season. The gut checks we all have to go thorough to succeed in life are devloped somewhere and for alot of us its playing sports.

Sports are dramatic and for me much more entertaining than any movie or other television because i can relate to the game from somewhere internally. Sitting in the OB watching the Hurricanes stink as a child makes me glow with pride at the success thev've had since i left Miami.

The money a pro makes? A buffalo bill was nearly paralyzed a couple of weeks ago making a tackle many people have died playing this game. There is tremendous risk involved justifying the financial reward to players.

I can see your point though and as i get older I find better things to do with my time like being a pain in the a$$ in online chat rooms

Old 09-21-2007, 08:00 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,461 times
Quote:
I may not live in So Fla anymore, but the Dolphins continue to make me cry. Someone please play some Hootie & the Blowfish for me tonight. what a dismal game with so many turnovers!
I feel your pain. I have been a lifelong Dolphins fan. Growing up in New Jersey, it wasn't possible to see them play but I still remember the opportunity to see them at the Orange Bowl when I was 10. Griese was the quarterback at the time.

It's been very difficult to see what has happened to the team, especially since Marino retired. A position that was never an issue for 17 years has become one of unending frustration. Even when he was there, the management never did what they needed to get them the championship. Contrast that with the Colts. They know what they have in Manning and do whatever is necessary for him to be as successful as possible and it paid off last year.

Who knows how long it will be before they turn things around. The last several years have seen multiple bad draft picks, questionable free agent signings and trades, horrible quarterbacks, incompetent coaching and on and on. Next year will be another high draft pick; I can only hope they will be a little wiser with it.

I could rant for a long time regarding all of their problems, but I'll just mention a few that have bothered me. One of my biggest complaints is that they constantly waste draft picks in trades for players that never work out.

1) Ricky Williams - cost them several draft picks including #1; he plays 2 years and abandons the team
2) Daunte Culpepper - another draft pick for a quarterback needing a walker; they could have had Drew Brees for no draft picks, who coincidently is named to the pro bowl and leads his team to the NFC title game
3) AJ Feely - Philly gets a #2 pick and gives them a quarterback who did nothing but throw interceptions and kill every chance they had
4) Was it wise to pass up on Brady Quinn and go for John Beck?

Trent Green has not exactly been stellar. Jay Fiedler could only take you so far. Ray Lucas was horrible. When will Ronnie Brown get going? What happened to all those high draft picks the last few years, are they starting? Why trade Welker to a division rival so they could improve even more?

Their decision making does not exactly model the Patriots, which may explain why the Patriots keep winning and the Dolphins keep losing. Something has to change in Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football