Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,395,038 times

Advertisements

First off that I want to say is that to the people who sides and defends Roger Goddell.

Goodell does not give a s**t about the players (if he did he would have sided with them during the lockout).

He only cares about the special interest groups that hassle him on the concussion issue, the corporate douches, and of course his bullying Fee-Fye-Foe-Fum ego. He is the type of a** that believes the only way to get respected by people is to "Make an example out of somebody" by taking an outrageous action to impress his critics.

This type of action will hurt the league in the long run.

Second, about this so-called "bounty" thing that everyone is overexaggerating about.

Almost everyone wants to complain about the Saints hitting players hard on defense.

But they don't ever mention about other notable players from other teams that are PRAISED for their abitlity to hit players along with taking them out of the game!

Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Troy Polumalo, and others etc.

HYPROCRITES don't you think?

It's funny how all these people want to come out and act all vigilant about the Saints "bounty" thing, and act like all the rest of the teams in the NFL are dear little angels.

I bet these people has always had a hate towards the Saints, before and after they won the SB.

This so-called "bounty" crap just made people to just find sOMETHING to hate about the Saints.

(Mod edit-two sentences deleted) Let's keep the comments strictly on the bounty issue!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-24-2012 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,938,289 times
I kind of look at it like this. as a former football player who is famous in my own mind I do remember one thing. If a player on the other team is playing dirty you just get him back. So I can't believe players knew other players were taking cheap shots on a teammate and they did nothing.

Anyone on the field can be ear holed at any moment. It's very easy yo blindside anyone and every player knows it. So if I hear someone has a bounty on my quarterback, well guess what? Their quarterback is fair game. It's kind of checks and balances.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,166,160 times
I don't hate the Saints and never have, but I detest the bounty thing. Just the idea of it; it's thug-like. You hire a hit man to do that kind of stuff off the field, and if you get caught you go to prison, whether you're the one hired or the one paying. On the playing field it's a little different, but the thought of it is about the same. Pay players to take out another player? Injure them? Take them out for the game or the season... or for life? I don't think so. That's not sportsmanship. If I had been the one handing out punishments for it, punishments would have been stiffer.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,027,389 times
Always hated the Saints? Most people probably didn't realize they were a team until a few years ago.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM

14,302 posts, read 14,550,690 times
Nope, I'm an odd sort of fan, have my fav team but don't "hate" any other team, not even the ones in the NFC North.

The players you named, I don't think they were purposely taking money for sending someone to the hospital, big difference.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM

26,687 posts, read 41,585,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Always hated the Saints? Most people probably didn't realize they were a team until a few years ago.
Even as a Panthers fan, I didn't hate the Saints. In fact, some years they were outright humorous. Remember the backwards by Aaron Brooks that resulted in a defensive TD or the River City Relay only to fail on the PAT.

Now I don't blame folks for hating the Saints. Don't even bring up the Ray Lewis and Troy polamalu guys. They like to hit but they want to see their opponent get up from that hit to hit them again and need no monetary reward to wanna hit.

The big deal is all the cover up that went behind it and the fact that Saints officials lied right to Goodell's face even after being caught. That outright defiance demanded a severe penalty.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:49 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,152,051 times
I love the fact that no proof has been given of a bounty system and most of the country hates the Saints. There is no proof of Loomis cheating and people hate him already.
We've carted out less players than almost any team in the past decade and we are hated for the bounty program. Like we are the only team doing that! I laugh at the fans who recently despise the Saints.
The fact that Goodell apparently knew about it for 3 years and let it ride is critical in itself. Why didn't he punish them then? Why did they wait until we have a chance to win the SB at home and cost the NFL lost revenue. I could understand if our defense was that of the Niners but it's more like Green Bay. Doesn't make any sense.

Who Dat!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I love the fact that no proof has been given of a bounty system and most of the country hates the Saints.
Sean Payton apologized Friday for the bounty system under which Saints players were offered payouts for big hits on opponents, saying he takes "full responsibility" for the program that operated for three years under his watch.

"I share and fully support the league's concerns and goals on player safety," the New Orleans coach said in a written statement released by the team. "It is, and should be paramount.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 PM

Greg Williams statement:

I'd like to again apologize wholeheartedly to the NFL, Coach Fisher, the entire Rams organization and all football fans for my actions. Furthermore, I apologize to the players of the NFL for my involvement as it is not a true reflection of my values as a father or coach, nor is it reflective of the great respect I have for this game and its core principle of sportsmanship. I accept full responsibility for my actions.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,637,569 times
To be honest... I have never seen much hate for the Saints except in Atlanta. The Falcons are the Saints only rivalry and until recently no one in the country even knew about it... To be hated, a team must have sustained success over many years. They have to beat your favorite in important games and lets be honest, the Saints simply have not beaten many teams in important games over the years. There are likely a few Colts fans that hate them, a few Vikings and lots of Falcons but thats about it. I dont' imagine there are any Niners fans or Giants fans hating the Saints, why would they..

What your seeing is fans hating what the Saints did and hating the fact that even though the TEAM has owned up to it, the fans don't seem to want to..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football