Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias9193 View Post
Come on dude Luck has the best receiver in all of pro football in Reggie Wayne, he made Manning look good
and he's making Luck look even better, Wayne has 94 receptions for 1,220 yds and there is still 3 games to go in the season. Wayne is having the best season of his career bar none, hows that stat hit you. RGIII has one good receiver in Garcon and hes been out half the year, the rest are a bunch of scrubs!!!
While I appreciate your taking up for Griffin, Garçon definitely is the #1 receiver, but the rest aren't "scrubs" as you call them. Fred Davis (although he went out with injury), Santana Moss, and Joshua Morgan aren't scrubs. Morgan runs really good routes and is a beast in run block support. Fred Davis is Pro Bowl potential if he ever can stay healthy, and Santana Moss, while getting a little old, has had a great season. The other guys are young and still developing. But yes, in terms of consistency, I would say Pierre Garçon is the only true threat.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[/b]

One receiver??? You think one receiver is gonna do it when he's double covered?? NO! That's why he's had to rely on Brazil and Hilton more, over the last 5 games!! Thank goodness Hilton and Brazil are playin well! But they are still Rookies! And so is Luck!! RG3 has a veteran cast all around him!!
Albert Morris is a rookie. Logan Paulsen is a first year starter in his third season - only starting because Fred Davis is out on IR. Leonard Hankerson, second year, Aldrick Robinson, first season. Darrel Young, second season. Joshua Morgan and Santana Moss are the only two guys on offense to play more than four seasons in regards to skilled positions. Offensive line has been shifted around like a Rubik's cube, so don't tell me the 'skins have an advantage there. Besides Williams and Lichtensteiger, the rest have been in and out of the line up. Lichtenstegier was out the entire season last year. So no, RG3 is NOT surrounded by a cast of veterans.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
I think they are both decent Qb's and will both be elite. 2 completely different types of QB's so, its hard to compare and contrast. Let's just say I'd be pleased to have either one on my team over Rivers. Luck throws a lot of picks with those td's but so did Peyton his rookie year. Both of these players will be improving over time as this year they are just starting to get a feel for the nfl.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:33 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
and the whole "All Luck has is Reggie Wayne" argument doesn't really make sense. Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton have emerged as two of Luck's favorite targets when Wayne isn't open. both of them are speedster guys and deep threats that help stretch the field for Luck.

Oh, and by the way, the "Luck doesn't have a running game at all" isn't entirely accurate. Colts are actually 22nd in the NFL in rushing, which isn't good, but its not terrible. There are 10 other teams that have it worse than Luck as far as no run support. so saying that the Colts have no running game at all might be a bit much.

If you wanna say something about a team is terrible, it has to be bottom 5. Like the Redskins defense, currently ranked 31st in the NFL. THAT'S terrible. LOL

Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 AM

Interesting comment from a similar RG3 vs Luck discussion i've been following on another NFL forum. I hadn't thought about until now:

Quote:
What if the stats were reversed, and Andrew Luck had RG3's stats. What if Andrew Luck currently had 18 TDs to just 4 interceptions, and the #1 QB rating in the nfl. People would be annointing him the best rookie QB of all time, and he would be the clear favorite for Rookie of the Year, no question.

And what if Griffin had Luck's stats? If RG3 had 18 TDs and 18 INTs but still had 9 wins like Andrew Luck, critics would dismiss the 9 wins, saying that Robert turns it over too much and needs to become a more traditional QB and has a lot to learn.

I agree completely with the comment.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Um, a word here. Any thread that is a debate between two subjects, be it players, clubs, coaches, or what have you at some point in time gets carried away. And the posts that I've seen over the last couple days is suggesting that.

I've had a few requests to shut down the thread as 507 posts is enough regarding bantering back and forth. I'll take comments for another day. Then the thread closes.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Close it then........

Old 12-14-2012, 08:37 AM

Why would folks send admins requests to close it? For the people who don't like this thread, couldn't they simply not click on it?

I've been one of the more active posters in here (obviously LOL), and I've enjoyed the back and forth debates. For the most part, I feel like we've been having intelligent (though sometimes a little heated) discussions.

RG3 and Luck are two of the biggest stories in the NFL this year, and we've simply been discussing their success and comparisons in here.

But I guess if it has to be closed............

Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Ok, I'll reverse it.

A reminder here, discuss the topic, not posters you don't agree with.

Keep the subject on the two quarterbacks.

Snarky and insulting comments go ***POOF***

Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Interesting comment from a similar RG3 vs Luck discussion i've been following on another NFL forum. I hadn't thought about until now:

I agree completely with the comment.
If RG3 had 18 interceptions, the pundits and writers would be calling him the Second Coming of Daunte Culpepper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football