U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:57 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,986,524 times

Advertisements

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! I LOVE it11 This season is going to look bad, bad, bad. Thank God for the Rockies. Shanahan needs to give up the GM hat and just be the coach. The personnel moves are starting to smell. Who now is going to be at RB? Mike Bell or Selvin Young? Should never have unloaded Trevor Pryce. Warren might not be an all-pro, but he would not be getting pancaked at the line like McKinley is. Boy, do we miss Al Wilson! And there is no leader on that line. Disappointing, VERY!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 03:11 PM

943 posts, read 3,822,043 times
DJ Williams - overrated, has done nothing since entering the league
D line weak
Secondary underutilized

Thank god Scheffler is working his way back coming back? It feels like we are the only team in the league without a playmaking tight end. Find me a team recently that has won a SB wuthout a playmaking tightend. Why we signed Daniel Graham I don't know. Why does the best rushing team consistently in the NFL need a great blocking tight end I don't know.

I think it is time to start bringing some heat. We are paying a lot of money for champ and dre lets make them earn it. We should be playing zero coverage in the secondary at least 75% of the time. I think we hired Defensive Coordinators one year too early. Last years defense was much more aggressive and would have thrived with dre instead of D. Williams (god rest his soul)

Last edited by ogplife; 10-13-2007 at 03:21 PM..

Old 10-16-2007, 12:34 PM

14,586 posts, read 22,434,680 times
The Broncos need to stay on a losing streak! Go Steelers! The team across the Platte has got all the Mojo and it will stay that way for the rest of the month, and on into November 1st, if need be. Sorry Broncos!

Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 PM

16,528 posts, read 20,986,524 times
The last time the Broncos had back to back losing seasons was Lou Saban's last year and John Ralston's first year(1971 and 1972) Unless the Broncos make a major turnaround I see that record being snapped. Yea, I know it is way early to make that statement, but this club has problems on every level. We are losing Travis Henry(unless he hires F.Lee Bailey on his side on this marijuana charge), our defensive line and linebackers are underachieving, and our special teams are bad. When the opposition continually starts at the 40 yard line, that's bad. And it is going to take a while to regroup. Cutler is still, essentially, a rookie. Nalen is out for the season, and Ben Hamilton most likely is through because of the concussion issue. The D-line can'tsack the quarterback (except Dumerville), our linebackers are underachieving(losing Ebenezer Ekuban didn't help), and the secondary has to make most of the tackles. I'd sure like to be wrong. Sure would.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The last time the Broncos had back to back losing seasons was Lou Saban's last year and John Ralston's first year(1971 and 1972) Unless the Broncos make a major turnaround I see that record being snapped. Yea, I know it is way early to make that statement, but this club has problems on every level. We are losing Travis Henry(unless he hires F.Lee Bailey on his side on this marijuana charge), our defensive line and linebackers are underachieving, and our special teams are bad. When the opposition continually starts at the 40 yard line, that's bad. And it is going to take a while to regroup. Cutler is still, essentially, a rookie. Nalen is out for the season, and Ben Hamilton most likely is through because of the concussion issue. The D-line can'tsack the quarterback (except Dumerville), our linebackers are underachieving(losing Ebenezer Ekuban didn't help), and the secondary has to make most of the tackles. I'd sure like to be wrong. Sure would.

Um...

and they have doggie doo breath and their mommy dresses them funny!

I am a Colorado Rockies Supporter and I approve this message.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:59 PM

325 posts, read 990,735 times
Look out Bronco fans.........The Steelers are coming to town fresh off of a bye. It could get ugly in the Mile High City this Sunday on national tv at that. At least yall got the Rockies!!

Old 10-17-2007, 05:23 PM

24-10 Steelers. I hope it doesn't get any worse than that. The Broncos are gonna have more injuries than the Rams after this one. I think I'll sleep in Sunday.

We'll just suit the Rockies up for the game. They need the practice.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,125,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
Look out Bronco fans.........The Steelers are coming to town fresh off of a bye. It could get ugly in the Mile High City this Sunday on national tv at that. At least yall got the Rockies!!
Oh, wow- the Donkeys get two straight teams coming off byes. Guess that's why they got both of these games at home.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 PM

325 posts, read 990,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
24-10 Steelers. I hope it doesn't get any worse than that. The Broncos are gonna have more injuries than the Rams after this one. I think I'll sleep in Sunday.

We'll just suit the Rockies up for the game. They need the practice.
Dog....you might be the funniest dude on this forum. Your crack me up almost daily. I think we think a lot alike on a lot of issues!!! Go Rockies!!!

You better hope they score 10 points on us. Our defense is ferocious!!! LOL!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Oh that's nice. Thank you, by the way!

Tell me, what does this word mean, DEFENSE?

Look at some of the injuries; Stephen Alexander (TE) has been on IR and won't play. Champ didn't practice today so I'm sure he's out. There goes your team leader and only tackler on the field. Javon Walker (WR) is out (knee surgery). Rod Smith is out (PUP, whatever that means- he'd have to have like 3 weeks of practice before he could even consider playing. We sure could use the Rod Smith of old here). If the Broncos recievers and tight ends can't get open, Cutler gets sacked and we can't play catch-up.

You'll have Bly and probably Foxworthy at the corners. Ian Gold is gonna get lit up, unless of course the Steelers just decide to run all game long like other teams have done since the preseason.

To not be able to stop the run or stop the opponent on 3rd down is demoralizing to any team in the NFL and not a familiar situation to be in for a Bronco team.

The lack of a pass rush and undersized lines on both sides of the ball AND a lousy special teams spells disaster for the Broncos.

I hear that the Steelers have the top rated defense. If the Steelers bring a motivated team out to the Mile Hi, this could get ugly early.

If you're a betting person, you might take the Steelers and give the points.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-18-2007 at 05:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or