U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 PM

325 posts, read 990,495 times

Advertisements

[quote=McGowdog;1768820]Oh that's nice. Thank you, by the way!

Tell me, what does this word mean, DEFENSE?

Look at some of the injuries; Stephen Alexander (TE) has been on IR and won't play. Champ didn't practice today so I'm sure he's out. There goes your team leader and only tackler on the field. Javon Walker (WR) is out (knee surgery). Rod Smith is out (PUP, whatever that means- he'd have to have like 3 weeks of practice before he could even consider playing. We sure could use the Rod Smith of old here). If the Broncos recievers and tight ends can't get open, Cutler gets sacked and we can't play catch-up.

You'll have Bly and probably Foxworthy at the corners. Ian Gold is gonna get lit up, unless of course the Steelers just decide to run all game long like other teams have done since the preseason.

To not be able to stop the run or stop the opponent on 3rd down is demoralizing to any team in the NFL and not a familiar situation to be in for a Bronco team.

The lack of a pass rush and undersized lines on both sides of the ball AND a lousy special teams spells disaster for the Broncos.

I hear that the Steelers have the top rated defense. If the Steelers bring a motivated team out to the Mile Hi, this could get ugly early.

If you're a betting person, you might take the Steelers and give the points.[/QUOTE

The definition of defense is all in my screen name......Polamalu.
He is fierce and my fave of course. Not sure that is going to play again this weekend. No one runs on us what so ever. We have one of the best in Casey Hampton. Our corners are a little suspect though. That is our area of weakness. Ike Taylor is playing well of late but Im not sure how long that is going to last. Im glad that the old Rod Smith is not playing. He might have a career day with our corners. We havent had a good cover corner since DJ Johnson. You know how long ago that was. Back in the Rod Woodson era.

Our offense is kinda suspect too. Big Ben makes me sick to my stomach. He makes some really stupid decisions sometimes. He threw an interception into the endzone against Arizona on third and goal from the five. Cost us any chance of winning that game. Other days he thinks he is Brett Farve of last year and throws the most ridiculous passes I have ever seen. Then other weeks he looks like the guy that came in and took over for Tommy Maddox as a rookie. Im holding my breath everytime he drops back to pass.

Willie Parker is playing well and also Santonio Holmes has stepped up. He had a real bad case of the dropsies and fumbleitis last year. Nate Washington is such a talented reciever. I love him. I swear he is on the brink of brilliance in the near future.

Its hard to say with the Steelers. I want to think that they are the 3rd best team in the AFC behind the Pats and the Colts, but I dont know. I think we get the Broncos and the Bengals, then we get too see how good we really are when we go up to Gillette Stadium and the Ravens come to town. We will find out how good the Steelers are in the next month thats for sure. If they are 9-2 after 11 I will say they are for real. I know they cant beat the Pats so its ok for them to lose that one, but we should be able to handle the rest of the teams in our immediate future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 09:20 PM

325 posts, read 990,495 times
Broncos were up by 2 touchdowns so I turned off the game mad. I turned it back on and it was all tied up. Steelers didnt look so sharp, but maybe the Broncos arent as bad as you guys say. LOL

Old 10-21-2007, 09:49 PM

14,553 posts, read 22,415,763 times
Now that's a typical Bronco game! Exciting at the end. Ben is one wicked dude! He put a punishing hit on someone at the end of his 10 yard run and he's hard to pull down!

A must win for the Broncos and they helped their cause early but still lack any kind of a killer instinct in the third quarter. That was definitely a team playing for pride out there against a tough Steeler team. I hope the Steelers do well in the east and central.

11-2 for the Sox. I think I'm going to bed. Naw, I'll watch the chowds pour some chamgagne.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:16 PM

The Broncos are 10 point dogs at home on Monday Night Football. Surprise surprise.

Won't it be nice to see the revived record-killing Brett Favre out there? What kind of team will the Broncos bring out there Monday night?

I think I'll take the Broncos and the points. But to walk off the field without a win will have them at the bottom of a weak division. So this looks like another must win for Shanahan. What will he pull out of his bag of tricks? The Broncos are hurting on defense for sure. Can the Broncos solve the 3rd down riddle? Can the Broncos come out and play at the start of the 3rd quarter for a change?

The experts say no. I'd just like to see them put out the effort that we saw last Sunday.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:07 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times
I am trying to figure out whether that was the same club I had seen two weeks ago. Well, we'll take them any way we can get them, I'm not picky. Thank God for Jason Elam. Now, if I can only probe the mind of Brandon Marshall. Can you spell C-A-B??????????It amazes me that these guys continue to think that they are above the law. Another stupid DUI to contend with. We really need Rod Smith now. I guess Shanahan will promote Brian Clark and David Martinez for replacements, or check the waiver wire.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:46 AM

522 posts, read 1,479,861 times
So much for last night's overtime!

Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Oh. So that's what they mean by "Sudden Death"

-signed, Which way did he go George, Which way did he go?

Old 10-30-2007, 01:15 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,018,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

And I stayed up for that?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM

673 posts, read 2,918,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,972,483 times
You don't sack the quarterback, you don't win. Injuries are now taking their toll. Lynch went out with a pinched nerve and did not return. At the end of the game Brett Favre had the cleanest uniform on. We have a defensive coordinator who does not believe in blitzing. Denver did get credit for one sack, though. that is when the ball slipped out of Brett's hand, he recovered it resulting in a coverage sack. Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or