U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:43 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I don't feel bad for him. He always had a bad and elitist attitude and has shown himself to be very self centered and just arrogant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,329,068 times
I am thinking Terrell Owens is 10 years behind Dennis Rodman on the road to oblivion. However, I wish the man no malice or ill will. I think there were two defining moments for him as a football player that rubbed him the wrong way. The first was his celebration dance on the Dallas star, when he pulled the stunt twice. The second time he did so, the Cowboys chased him down to midfield, and blew up his celebration. It was one of the most self-serving acts I have ever seen a player execute following a big play. The second was his hold out from Eagles management, after being one year into a six year contract, and attempting to renegotiate it, while throwing his QB, Donovan McNabb, under the bus at the same time. All this because he came back to SB XXXIX from a severe ankle injury, and to his credit, he had 9 catches for 122 yards.

That's the thing about Owens. He always produced, regardless of the situation he was in. His flaws were openly berating teammates, and attempting to leverage a new deal out of management whenever this was to his advantage. To me, these symptoms were/are hiding a greater aspect of Owen's personality. I think there is something mentally out of kilter with him, and he will experience a sad demise, ultimately. Mental depression is not to be trifled with (see Junior Seau) and I think Owens has a strain of this. Dennis Rodman, who I alluded to previously, I am quite sure suffers from bi-polar disorder. Owens behavior has been similarly erratic. I would give him the benefit of the doubt once, but twice, especially after considering Seau's first failed attempt, no way.

Terrell Owens tried suicide, according to 911 caller on Oct. 6 - Sports Blog - CBS News

When someone's career ends, it is very traumatic, to realize you can't do what you once could do. Owens is only 38 years old, ancient in football terms, but otherwise young. How would you like to be told at such an age you can no longer contribute to something you have been used to doing since childhood? Yet this is what the man faces.

From an public relations standpoint, if I am in the NFL, I am monitoring Owens mental state closely. The last thing the NFL can afford is another high profile player, any player, doing something stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or