Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 03:05 PM

17,574 posts, read 46,027,389 times

Advertisements

Joe Philbin arrived at his Tuesday press conference with some fun news: The Miami Dolphins will participate in HBO's "Hard Knocks" series this year.

The news is welcome for longtime fans of the show, like yours truly. There simply isn't a better "reality" show on television, and the Dolphins make a fun choice after some other high-profile teams turned down the show.
The rookie head coach said he was excited to reveal the new direction of the organization on the show, according to NFL Network's Jeff Darlington, who was on the scene in Davie, Fla.
Philbin called it a "football decision," but it's hard not to see the move as a marketing decision. Owner Stephen Ross has worked hard to sell his team to the Miami market through celebrity minority owners and other avenues. Now he'll turn his players into television stars, and we couldn't be happier that he did.
Miami has a lot of compelling aspects to follow. The three-way quarterback battle provides drama. Reggie Bush provides some star power. Philbin, a first-time head coach, will install new schemes on both sides of the ball for the entire country to see. And somehow, we'd guess that Lauren Tannehill will wind up as a big part of the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 06:36 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,038,144 times
Fits in perfecct with celebrity ownership who are more concerned about being on TV or being at the next party than with winning
I hope they show Philbin getting canned in November when he has all of one win to his name ...
In a few years, they can get Philbin, Cam Cameron and Jeff Ireland together to talk about how the Dolphins stunk when they were all involved.

I hope they have fun on the new TV show. I personally would rather see them in the Super Bowl, but until the team changes direction, I know that is not going to happen.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:02 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,602,450 times
let the circus begin

Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM

7,571 posts, read 6,038,144 times
I had an interesting night. My son got his time machine working (the one he made for his science fair project) and he let me go through it. The problem is, you can only stay in the past or future for 10 minutes and only as an observer (no interaction) AND u cannot return to the exact same time twice (And it is not fully accurate), it also requires a type of radioactive isotope that I don't want the governemnt coming around searching and asking about things...
BUT
I had fun for ten minutes in the future though

I was appearantly in the year 2014 and they were talking about the MIAMI FIASCO
Appearantly, Philbin got canned the first season after losing 12 straight games and the team ended up 1-15, got the first round draft pick, got a total bust, went 2-14 the next year
FINALLY someone else bought the Dolphins and they were talking about how Jeff Ireland was canned Tom Landry style when the new owner came he made an announcement that his first hiring was going to be Some guy named Pioli who knows how to build a team, he also stated that he apologized to the fans for the last several years of distress and that he would spend anything he had to to bring the DOlphins back to a powerhouse status.

INTERESTING because I have said all along
JEFF IRELAND IS THE PROBLEM!!!!! Now the future has proven it !!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 02:54 PM

2,111 posts, read 2,588,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I had an interesting night. My son got his time machine working (the one he made for his science fair project) and he let me go through it. The problem is, you can only stay in the past or future for 10 minutes and only as an observer (no interaction) AND u cannot return to the exact same time twice (And it is not fully accurate), it also requires a type of radioactive isotope that I don't want the governemnt coming around searching and asking about things...
BUT
I had fun for ten minutes in the future though

I was appearantly in the year 2014 and they were talking about the MIAMI FIASCO
Appearantly, Philbin got canned the first season after losing 12 straight games and the team ended up 1-15, got the first round draft pick, got a total bust, went 2-14 the next year
FINALLY someone else bought the Dolphins and they were talking about how Jeff Ireland was canned Tom Landry style when the new owner came he made an announcement that his first hiring was going to be Some guy named Pioli who knows how to build a team, he also stated that he apologized to the fans for the last several years of distress and that he would spend anything he had to to bring the DOlphins back to a powerhouse status.

INTERESTING because I have said all along
JEFF IRELAND IS THE PROBLEM!!!!! Now the future has proven it !!!!
Yeah like those NFL season summaries they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football