U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:08 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
The reason I went with the North is the total games won in the division last year. But IMO the NFC East is right behind. Washington is NOT going to be 5-11 this year like they were last year. It will be interesting to see the development of Robert Griffin. Minnesota in the NFC North on the other hand has a ways to go.

Regarding the Bears, what has really killed them is one wrist (Jay Cutler) and one thumb (Brian Urlacher.) Their best players have to stay healthy.
yea Washington and Minnessota are both weak.

I just think the other 3 are better overall. however I do think the Pack are the best team in either division. Then the Giants... Then the Lions. But I would put both the Cowboys and Eagles above the Bears.

And isn't Forte coming off an ACL or some type of serious knee injury? just seems like the Bears have a lot of questions. I know they almost made the playoffs last year... But so did the Eagles and Cowboys technically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 05:18 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Wow, Cowboys and Eagles above the Bears??? I know they have some aging players, had injury issues last year but Bears are getting it together. I have little faith in Romo/Cowboys or Vick/Eagles, nope I can't put them ahead of the Bears!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow, Cowboys and Eagles above the Bears??? I know they have some aging players, had injury issues last year but Bears are getting it together. I have little faith in Romo/Cowboys or Vick/Eagles, nope I can't put them ahead of the Bears!
No one is asking you too...

But it is funny that you are SO adamant about the Bears being the best when they all finished 8-8 last year.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:34 AM

570 posts, read 494,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

But it is funny that you are SO adamant about the Bears being the best when they all finished 8-8 last year.
(mod edit-deletion)
do you have your pencil and paper ready?
with all the oline problems and poor receiving core cutler carried the team until he went down...other wise bears are in...
Cutler is far better then vick (delete) and romo (delete)
nfc north has 3 of the best qb's in the nfl...
and also recieving cores...
I put the bears recieving core now in the top 5 in the nfl with the addition of...marshall [hall of famer] and jefferies [a one day pro bowler] and they can put hester on the inside...how do you defend that?
and fortes catching...his knee is good...and they added bush rb from oakland...
so the bears went 8-8 without culer,and forte, poor oline...for many games..while the cowboys and eagles choked as usuall with there starters...
I forgot to mention the bears have the best special teams in the nfl...and the best D in the north...
(edit-talking to people in a condescending manner grinds on me)
GO BEARS...They will light up many teams this year...

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-07-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 AM

Alshon Jeffery Highlights - YouTube

how could he drop to the 2nd round? what a steal for DA BEARS....

Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 AM

23,644 posts, read 33,439,851 times
Quote:

I think bugsbunny is a little overboard but I do think there is something to his madness. If a competent QB started the games Hanie started (heck if McCown started those games) I think the Bears would have at least been 9-7.

I like their pickups of Campbell, Bush, and Marshall. I also like their draft. I think Detroit may take a step back this year and Chicago can take #2 in the division which will probably yield a wild card berth and a record of at least 10-6.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,187,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
First of all sue knows her football...GE let me give you an education...
do you have your pencil and paper ready?
with all the oline problems and poor receiving core cutler carried the team until he went down...other wise bears are in...
Cutler is far better then vick [choke] and romo [choke over rated]
nfc north has 3 of the best qb's in the nfl...
and also recieving cores...
I put the bears recieving core now in the top 5 in the nfl with the addition of...marshall [hall of famer] and jefferies [a one day pro bowler] and they can put hester on the inside...how do you defend that?
and fortes catching...his knee is good...and they added bush rb from oakland...
so the bears went 8-8 without culer,and forte, poor oline...for many games..while the cowboys and eagles choked as usuall with there starters...
I forgot to mention the bears have the best special teams in the nfl...and the best D in the north...
you may put your pencil down now...
GO BEARS...They will light up many teams this year...
So should we carve the hof busts for Alshon already? Your obviously a fan of the bears so you cant be objective. Brandon Marshall is talented, but have they signed Forte back yet? Your defense was good but not great. Forte was 40% of the offense.... Cutler has never been the go to guy. In Chicago you have to run the ball and without forte Cutler and the offense become one dimensional.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:59 AM

Bottom line is they all had the same record... spare me the Bears hoopla. Romo and Vick were both hurt and played poorly as well. In addition so were McCoy and Jones. So its all about the same. the Bears are not better because of their circumstances.

And if Sue is so knowledgable then why are u defending her? She can speak for Herself...

Again 8-8 is not debatable. It's a fact... I don't need circumstances to explain

Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 AM

Hmmm, speed I believe you did write in the bears forum,
Being in South Carolina I got to see Alshon Jeffries play all his college career. When he is focused and in shape he is as good or better than any WR Ive seen in college. Alshons problem is he can be lazy. I hope he pans out because he can be a stud. As good or better than AJ Green.
Do you get to see all the bear games and follow sports radio in chicago?
Iam biased yes, but I will ridicule my team when they suck...
Do you know who BRANDON MARSHALL is?
you know about jefferies...
theres a new offensive c. in mike tice who coachedd moss and carter in minn.
things are changing here in big ways...6.4 foot plus wr.s...
forte is franchised...
(edit-sentence deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-07-2012 at 02:01 PM..

Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Bottom line is they all had the same record... spare me the Bears hoopla. Romo and Vick were both hurt and played poorly as well. In addition so were McCoy and Jones. So its all about the same. the Bears are not better because of their circumstances.

And if Sue is so knowledgable then why are u defending her? She can speak for Herself...

Again 8-8 is not debatable. It's a fact... I don't need circumstances to explain
It is debatable, romo and vick [suck]...didnt the eagles spend tons of money in free agency last year...what happened...andy reid should be fired....they are 2 over hyped teams eagles and cowboys....
(edit-sentence deleted)
I bet the bears end up with a better record then the eagles and cowboys.(Make that 2 sentences)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-07-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football