U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
 
3,651 posts, read 8,304,955 times
Reputation: 2763

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
What is more entertaining to watch: College Football or NFL?
College, for the most part. It used to be the NFL for me until the players gradually become more and more whiners, brats, jerks, and oh by the way thugs. I know they aren't all like that but it's all so much more in the gutter now. I still watch it for brief periods here and there but can't stomach it for very long because of this. College captures the spirit of the game SO much more, so give me a college game any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 4,013,566 times
Reputation: 1682
Both are quite boring to watch...especially in person. But, I would say College Football is slightly more exciting.....Also, call me crazy, but I think the CFL is much more exciting than both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,752 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Good thing you're a Packers fan. That means chances are you have plenty of cheese to go with all that whine.

This is an attempt at what exactly? You linked Packers and Cheese YEA FOR YOU, do you want a cookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Both are quite boring to watch...especially in person. But, I would say College Football is slightly more exciting.....Also, call me crazy, but I think the CFL is much more exciting than both.
The only major difference I know between CFL and NFL or college is the field is different. Thats about all I know, what other rules or parts of the game are different in the CFL? You always hear about players going up there and playing then trying to come back and I think it's interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 89,203,959 times
Reputation: 29451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
This is an attempt at what exactly? You linked Packers and Cheese YEA FOR YOU, do you want a cookie?
What I want is an end to your interminable whining about how the po' widdow Patwiots didn't make the playoffs. If I can get that and a cookie, that would be freakin' awesome. Perchance you got any Thin Mints?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,752 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What I want is an end to your interminable whining about how the po' widdow Patwiots didn't make the playoffs. If I can get that and a cookie, that would be freakin' awesome. Perchance you got any Thin Mints?

So you think the 8-8 Chargers belong while the 11-5 Pats do not? Your saying you want the better team to stay home while a team with fewer wins should be allowed in? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 89,203,959 times
Reputation: 29451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So you think the 8-8 Chargers belong while the 11-5 Pats do not? Your saying you want the better team to stay home while a team with fewer wins should be allowed in? Really?
Where's my cookie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,752 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Where's my cookie?

When logic overrides hatred you shall have one. Sorry but the knock on college football is good teams don't get a shot at the title. Well 11-5 is better than 8-8 and they Pats didn't get a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 89,203,959 times
Reputation: 29451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
When logic overrides hatred you shall have one. Sorry but the knock on college football is good teams don't get a shot at the title. Well 11-5 is better than 8-8 and they Pats didn't get a shot.
Look, if you don't have any Thin Mints, I'll settle for a Samoa or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,671,752 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Look, if you don't have any Thin Mints, I'll settle for a Samoa or two.

Unfortunately we have some months before the girl scouts start selling, though I will buy a box for you. I'm partial to the Peanut butter ones myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2009, 04:11 PM
 
3,651 posts, read 8,304,955 times
Reputation: 2763
Would you girls get a room, geezofreakinmighty. This is worse than listening to my 2 nieces cat fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top