U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 520,538 times

Advertisements

In the past I would have said college football. However, I think the NFL has gotten better. Also, fantasy football has made the NFL more exciting for fans. It is also nice that the best team always wins because the NFL has a playoff system that works. Let me finish by saying that this was maybe the worst year of college football that I have ever seen. College football this year sucked. The NFL was great this year. Hopefully if Miami, Florida State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Washington can get back to winning then College Football will be great again. It would also help College Football to have Notre Dame good again and also to have USC and not Oregon as a contender for the national title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:48 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
Hopefully if Miami, Florida State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Washington can get back to winning then College Football will be great again. It would also help College Football to have Notre Dame good again and also to have USC and not Oregon as a contender for the national title.

U left out Tennesee...

Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 AM

1,757 posts, read 3,913,984 times
As of now(12/20/2010) the Saints is still ranked 5th behind the St. Louis Rams in the NFC Conference rankings for a playoff spot, despite that the Saints beat the Rams 2 weeks ago by a large margin of points to get in front of the Rams to get out of the wildcard spot for the Divisional Round in the playoffs. The Rams are 6-8 while the Saints is 12-4 and even though the Saints lost yesterday against the Ravens the Saints should be in front of the Rams, not the other way around.

I say that the NFL playoff system is flawed just like the BCS system.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,115,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
As of now(12/20/2010) the Saints is still ranked 5th behind the St. Louis Rams in the NFC Conference rankings for a playoff spot, despite that the Saints beat the Rams 2 weeks ago by a large margin of points to get in front of the Rams to get out of the wildcard spot for the Divisional Round in the playoffs. The Rams are 6-8 while the Saints is 12-4 and even though the Saints lost yesterday against the Ravens the Saints should be in front of the Rams, not the other way around.

I say that the NFL playoff system is flawed just like the BCS system.
The Rams are a division leader.

The Saints are not.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The Rams are a division leader.

The Saints are not.
And I'm going to say it again, the Rams are 6-8 while the Saints are 12-4.

If a team has the most wins than the other team that has more losses with less wins that is the division leader, then team 1 should be on top whether they win the division or not.

Now if those teams(Saints and Rams) were both 8-8 then thats different

Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,115,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
And I'm going to say it again, the Rams are 6-8 while the Saints are 12-4.

If a team has the most wins than the other team that has more losses with less wins that is the division leader, then team 1 should be on top whether they win the division or not.

Now if those teams(Saints and Rams) were both 8-8 then thats different
The Saints are 10-4; and the Saints are not in the same division as the Rams. Thus, the Saints are a "wild card" team (because they are behind Atlanta in the NFC South) and the Rams (or whomever wins the NFC West) would be a division champ.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
The Saints are 10-4; . Thus, the Saints are a "wild card" team (because they are behind Atlanta in the NFC South) and the Rams (or whomever wins the NFC West) would be a division champ.
You're right the Saints are 10-4, but but what I am saying is that the team with the most wins should be on top on the team with less wins even though they've won their division. Plus the Saints beat the rams 2 weeks ago by 31-13 and yesterday the Rams lost to the Chiefs by 27-17, you mean to tell me that the rams still deserve to be in front of the Saints for the Divisional round while the Saints be in the Wildcard spot after the Rams had those 2 losses by a large margin?

I've seen teams before that has not won their division(while the team in their division has won that the title) still were in the playoff rounds.

My point is that the NFL has as much flaws just like College Football, especially that the NFL has these On-Field Rules that don't make since. Like the Tom Brady Rule for example.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
The Saints are 10-4; and the Saints are not in the same division as the Rams.
I didn't say that they were in the same division(although they were back then before 2002), I said that their are in the same conference of the NFC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or