U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:19 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,892,985 times

Advertisements

I am an Eagles fan too. This year, watching the Eagles play is about as exciting as watching this years version of Notre Dame. They both suck! I tried watching the Eagles vs Giants game, but it was tooo frustrating, so I turned off the game and read my Clive Cussler novel, which was much better than the game. If the Eagles don't improve, I'll get alot more reading done this season.

blessings...Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,875,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
I am an Eagles fan too. This year, watching the Eagles play is about as exciting as watching this years version of Notre Dame. They both suck! I tried watching the Eagles vs Giants game, but it was tooo frustrating, so I turned off the game and read my Clive Cussler novel, which was much better than the game. If the Eagles don't improve, I'll get alot more reading done this season.

blessings...Franco

Its going to be a loooong football season for us Eagles fans. Luckily for me, the Eagles poor play hasn't bothered me much, since the Phillies are in the playoffs for the first time since 93.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,892,985 times
I'm living in Colorado now, so I am also a Rockies fan. The 2 teams are similar in that they both ovecame a huge defecit late in the season, winning the must win games, and both teams consist mostly of home grown talent. I'll be rooting for the Phillies, but I wouldn't be too dissappointed if the Rockies prevail. I'll be rooting for the winner of this series in the NLCS. GO PHILLIES!

BTW, my all time biggest sports bummer ever is the Joe Carter homerun, while my all time favorite sports memory is the 1980 Pete Rose / Mike Schmidt / Tug McGraw Phillies winning the world series. Can the 2007 Jimmy Rollins / Chase Utley /Ryan Howard Philles do it again? It'll be interesting to find out.

blessings...Franco

Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,875,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
I'm living in Colorado now, so I am also a Rockies fan. The 2 teams are similar in that they both ovecame a huge defecit late in the season, winning the must win games, and both teams consist mostly of home grown talent. I'll be rooting for the Phillies, but I wouldn't be too dissappointed if the Rockies prevail. I'll be rooting for the winner of this series in the NLCS. GO PHILLIES!

BTW, my all time biggest sports bummer ever is the Joe Carter homerun, while my all time favorite sports memory is the 1980 Pete Rose / Mike Schmidt / Tug McGraw Phillies winning the world series. Can the 2007 Jimmy Rollins / Chase Utley /Ryan Howard Philles do it again? It'll be interesting to find out.

blessings...Franco
It will be a hell of a series. The two hottest teams in baseball, and two explosive offenses, in the two best hitters' parks, going at it. As always, it will come down to pitching. Both teams have average pitching at best, so who knows. But the Phils' pitching has been good as of late, with Hamels back to form after a stint on the DL, Lohse and Kendrick pitching well, and the 6-7-8 inning combo of Romero, Gordon, and Myers being lights out as of late.

Obviously rooting for the Phils, but if the Rocks win, I'll root them on the rest of the way.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,724,032 times
college for me...y..cause everyone or maybe 99.9% come from college and you want to see how they handle the NFL...they have more to play for...school songs are known nationaly...and anything can happen any given SATURDAY! !! !! ! !

Old 10-11-2007, 11:31 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,298,871 times
Yeah, forgot about the bands in the stadium seats at college games. Another nice touch that just wouldn't feel right in the NFL.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:19 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,166,153 times
The question for real sports fans is...Who wouldnt like college over pro? Its well known in the 'sports community' that a majority have always given more respect and enjoy college over pro.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM

2,625 posts, read 10,244,640 times
college football hands down!!!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:41 PM

7,240 posts, read 8,248,910 times
College, more fun to watch and attend. Fans are, for the most part, more civil and passionate as well.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,364,698 times
I am way more of a college fan than pros. I think I have a theory as for why the college fans are more civil. see, at a college game, students get drunk and their parents pay for it. at NFL games, parents get drunk, and think to thenselves, damn it, I have to go to work tomorrow to pay for my kid to get drunk on saturday afternoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
College, more fun to watch and attend. Fans are, for the most part, more civil and passionate as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or