U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:41 AM

43,534 posts, read 52,616,956 times

Advertisements

College football is more fun b/c anything can happen. Crazy offensive formations, more quarterback option, trick plays, hail marys...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 03:46 PM

909 posts, read 2,704,226 times
NFL is the REAL FOOTBALL! enough said.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:02 PM

1,512 posts, read 7,265,334 times
NFL definitely, plus college football has too many teams to follow.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:55 PM

909 posts, read 2,704,226 times
can't agree with you mor Rwarky. To many players to cheer on, and diss on! LOL

Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,533,905 times
College football rules. The whole atmosphere is intoxicating..

Old 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM

127 posts, read 399,985 times
I argue that college overrates it's players,because they so hot in college they soppose to be this bg time player in the leage. Of couse they can play but I love seeing te rookies get the stuffing beat out of them.(reggie bush 06-07). Some do what every hype them up to do (Peterison-Vikings) but I say you should let them get two or more yrs in before ya'll start saying they going to be the best. So I guess college football is more fun to watch because of the hype.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM

4,589 posts, read 11,967,664 times
Both.....NFL because there is more hype behind it but college because the players seem to have more heart.....not saying NFL players don't have heart but college players just go at it....no holds barred!

Old 09-25-2008, 04:31 PM

142 posts, read 472,348 times
College football no doubt about it!! The atmosphere is so much different. College football is so filled with youthful enthusiasm and excitement!! Pro football is a business, and it shows.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 AM

101 posts, read 511,369 times
Default College Football or NFL?

Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer college football personally because for these reasons:
- Big plays, often!
- The excitement fans get due to the ties not necessarily to the team, but to the school. Lots of pride within that, and that makes you feel more connected to the team
- Recruiting in the off-season, alot to follow up on
- Fresh faces constantly, in the NFL some players will stay for a couple years, but I enjoy seeing the sophmore RB replacing the senior who will graduate/go pro
- Different styles and schemes, especially on offense. Zone read, option, pro style, it's not the same everywhere.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,300,912 times
That one's easy.

I grew up a Broncos fan NFL-wise. As we have seen, NFL teams move. They hold a city hostage, and if they don't get catered to, they may relocate. I remember the Los Angeles Rams, St. Louis Cardinals, Houston Oilers, the original Cleveland Browns... But college football is different. The Washington Huskies may have a terrible year (and they did), they may rise and fall, but the UW and its team are not leaving. Ever.

Rivalries are personal and tinged with history and culture. When Kansas and Missouri play, then stir the ghosts of a terrible war that was seven years on by the time our Civil War began. The rest of the nation may not know, but as the son of Jayhawks, I promise you they do in Lawrence--and in Columbia. The in-state land grant vs. law/med/liberal arts divisions work the same: if you are a Texas Aggie, you are connected to the school's ag and engineering roots as well as its military tradition. If you are a Longhorn, you are connected to a different tradition. It happens in New Mexico and it happens in Michigan.

While I loved the Broncos, I could never be a Denver Bronco. In no way could I ever have a direct personal connection with the team, even when someone got us autographs from Bobby Anderson. I can have nothing in common with them. Today's Washington Huskies, however, walk the same halls I walked. Some of them take the same professors I had. They know the same hangouts. They would like to know that they have my support. And presuming they graduate (and I expect it of every one), they receive a diploma equivalent to mine.

I am a Husky. They too are Huskies. We share something very personal. When they graduate, they join the family of alumni, and I expect them never to forget what that means. They expect it of me, too. Huskies help, Huskies give, Huskies share, Huskies lead. I believe this is true of other universities and teams; it's nothing we have a monopoly on. This is normal and regular in college football: the shared tie of the alma mater. One can never have that with a pro team. I accept that a Florida or Wyoming alum feels the same, and I think that's fantastic. Even a Coug, when they're sober enough.

That is why, as an Australian friend said, "College football [term for having a bowel movement] all over the NFL."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or