U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 08:57 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,411,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I hope not! The last thing I want to see is the Cowboys with their annoying abnoxious WR in the Super bowl, I wonder if Jerry Jones will come down to coach. I hope for a 3-13 season for them and that's because they can't go 0-16 now.
TO is as retarded as Vick. And I hope youre right with your prediction as well. Id LOVE to see a 3-13 Cowgirl season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 11:12 AM

116 posts, read 351,287 times
Oh well Griese is a seasoned QB. He will do fine.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM

383 posts, read 1,039,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
Oh well Griese is a seasoned QB. He will do fine.
Haha!

Hope you got a chance to watch the game today.

I think it is safe to say that it is the team, not only the QB that is lacking.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:14 AM

792 posts, read 2,903,581 times
A few things in regards to Chicago as I've seen it: one, the the Bears were the lesser of all evils from a horrible NFC a year ago. They rode Grossman's inexplicably hot start and except for the NFC title game vs the Saints never looked like a top tier team the second half of the season. I've also thought this defense has been overrated for some time and injuries aren't the sole reason. Everybody has injuries for pete's sakes! Albeit, it is still a good defense, but not out-of-this-world for the past year as some have tried to claim. Even the running game looks quite mediocre. More over, what in god's name does Griese bring to the table? I heard some last week say Griese may be no all-star, but he won't lose the games the way Grossman does for Chicago. Huh??? Really? Every indication in past years when Griese has taken the reins at Denver , Miami, and Tampa suggest he is EVERY BIT as capable at screwing up a game as Grossman was.

You know what you are getting with Grossman and Griese at this juncture. I can not believe people are so quick to dismiss Kyle Orton! Orton is an unknown. I could well be wrong, but no one knows for sure. All he did was win without making the same mistakes as a rookie...and he was a rookie for crying out loud! Never has he had an opportunity since in the last two years. Everything I've seen via Orton's mechanics is that he could be a dam good QB in this league. I may be dead wrong, but there is nothing to suggest the other end of the stick either. If you need to replace Grossman, why not actually replace him with something different rather than a carbon-copy? You just never know what you might possess. Orton is no less suspectible than a Tom Brady or Kurt Warner when they were thought of as scrubs/plug-ins. No one in their right minds saw those two coming and no one is suggesting Orton would ever be in that realm, but good grief, would it hurt to give him a stab???

Last edited by unknown stuntman; 10-02-2007 at 11:34 AM..

Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM

325 posts, read 990,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
TO is as retarded as Vick. And I hope youre right with your prediction as well. Id LOVE to see a 3-13 Cowgirl season.
TO has a temper and is selfish. Noting illegal about that. Really not fair to compare him to Vick. This is coming from a girl who loves both of them. Sorry to break the news but the Cowboys are for real. This is also coming from a girl who lives and dies by the Steelers so its tough for me to admit that.

But back on the topic. I dont know if its Rex Grossman or the Bears just arent that good. But I bet the Gators would be happy if Rex signed up for a masters program so he could suit up for this upcoming game against the Tigers. LOL!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM

23,638 posts, read 33,434,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post

But back on the topic. I dont know if its Rex Grossman or the Bears just arent that good. But I bet the Gators would be happy if Rex signed up for a masters program so he could suit up for this upcoming game against the Tigers. LOL!!!
The bears have a lot bigger problems than QB. Crappy running game (getting rid of jones was a good idea?), banged up defense, aging offensive line. I see a 3rd place finish in the nfc north and a top 15 pick in the draft for these overrated suckaz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football