U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:36 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,445,096 times

Advertisements

Athletes do not live in the real world.
People in the real world work hard for what htey have, houses, cars and whatever. People who are involved in the dog fighting like sportsmen and druggies dont live in the real world. I know all about dog fighting, I always have. Didnt take a newspaper to tell me. When you own a Staffordshire Bull Terrier like me you make it your business to know the history of the breed and the eins and outs of the 'sport'.

IMO fighting dogs inst a mistake. Falling asleep behind the wheel is a mistake, having multiple fights, huge purses for the fights isnt a mistake. Going to one fight and leaving immediately could be considered a mistake. Hes not a 4 year old, he knows it wrong.

TBH I coldnt care less what the millions of people would forgive him for. If theyd do it just for success them 'millions of people' can go jump in a river. Just because they forgive him to win a sporting event dosent make it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 05:15 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,202,371 times
There's somebody more idiotic than OJ?
Ricky may act like a marroon, and Vick is pond-scum. But OJ has to take the cake for pure idiot. His "performances" in the Naked Gun movies were not even an act.

Don't know what Williams has done criminal-wise, so I'd compare Sick closer to OJ than him.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,024 times
Ruff the crime dog says Take a Bite out of vick just for "Sport & Entertainment"

[SIZE=2]eBay Store - celebriteez:[/SIZE]

Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 AM

325 posts, read 992,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
There's somebody more idiotic than OJ?
Ricky may act like a marroon, and Vick is pond-scum. But OJ has to take the cake for pure idiot. His "performances" in the Naked Gun movies were not even an act.

Don't know what Williams has done criminal-wise, so I'd compare Sick closer to OJ than him.
This is very true. OJ is an idiot. I just tried to keep him out of my thread. That guy is not even worth discussion. This is funny though. LOL!!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:46 PM

16,552 posts, read 21,076,712 times
Brian in N.M. makes some good points in his posts. I have been a football fan for 40 plus years.I was not aware of any behavior problems until 1963. That was the year Alex Karras and Paul Hornung were suspended for gambling. From what I remember, it was supposed to be a lifetime ban, but both were reinstated the next year. I am not saying that was only the issue of this sort. There could have4 been other issues that I was not aware of(I was 13 at the time). At that time, NFL players did not make squat for money. They were working off-season jobs to make ends meet. Does money corrupt? I'm afraid so.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:55 AM

32 posts, read 132,224 times
i never liked michael vick....and i didnt think it possible for me to dislike him more until surfacing of recent events! needless to say that i am a huge saints fan....so the atlanta flacons arent high on my list of favorite teams lol!! =]

Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM

41 posts, read 33,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I can not believe that Michael Vick got busted on a marijuana charge. He has to be the biggest idiot on Earth. With everything else going on in his life he had to a a drug issue. This dude is just stupid. I tried to defend this clown, but I just cant do it anymore. Hate to say I am turning my back on him, but I just cant support him anymore. He is not bright to say the least. Why would you add any xtra BS to your situatuion. You know you are under so much scruitiny from not only the world, but more importantly the NFL. This saddens me. Huge amount of potential and talent flushed down the toilet. A darn shame.
Such a waste of talent! With all his money and fame he could have do some great things for society and had a GOOD influence, but no. He has to brutally kill his dogs and make himself look like a piece of ****. As a football fan and an APBT lover, I am very disappointed. Come on Vick, pot? How do you get caught with pot? All you have to do is not smoke it in public and if you plant it, plant stuff around it. Are you really that stupid??

Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM

26 posts, read 148,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I can not believe that Michael Vick got busted on a marijuana charge. He has to be the biggest idiot on Earth. With everything else going on in his life he had to a a drug issue. This dude is just stupid. I tried to defend this clown, but I just cant do it anymore. Hate to say I am turning my back on him, but I just cant support him anymore. He is not bright to say the least. Why would you add any xtra BS to your situatuion. You know you are under so much scruitiny from not only the world, but more importantly the NFL. This saddens me. Huge amount of potential and talent flushed down the toilet. A darn shame.
What you said was extremely offensive and wrong. Ricky Williams has social anxiety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football