Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times

Advertisements

Really ? You tried to defend him for fighting and killing innocent dogs, but getting busted for Marijuana makes you turn your back on him ? Wheres the sence in that ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 12:40 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,907,719 times
There is no sense in that. No one in their right mind would defend MV.
No, MV is an idiot. Anyone who fights dogs is a classless idiot.
Anyone who does drugs is an idiot and a LOSER rolled into one...no pun intended.
The only "job" that would be fitting for him would be scrubbing the toilets at the stadium.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:22 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,172,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Really ? You tried to defend him for fighting and killing innocent dogs, but getting busted for Marijuana makes you turn your back on him ? Wheres the sence in that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay View Post
There is no sense in that. No one in their right mind would defend MV.
No, MV is an idiot. Anyone who fights dogs is a classless idiot.
Anyone who does drugs is an idiot and a LOSER rolled into one...no pun intended.
The only "job" that would be fitting for him would be scrubbing the toilets at the stadium.
I couldn't agree more with BrianH and Citybythebay! Anyone that can take innocent animals that could of had wonderful lives as loved family pets and abuses them, neglects them, tortures them, makes them fight for their lives and then kills them if they survive is a sick, twisted, pathetic person! In my opinion, this piece of s*** doesn't even deserve to live! He is a waist of everything! I can't believe that someone could defend someone that tortures and kills animals, but they can't defend them anymore after they smoked some pot! lmao! I do not agree with anyone smoking pot or doing any kind of drugs, but in my opinion torturing and killing animals is a whole lot worse than smoking some pot!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:59 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,344 times
Quote:
I didnt defend him in dogfighting......He pleaded guilty. As a fan I can look at it as a mistake and I feel he should get a punishment for it. I think he is stupid to know that his career is hanging by a thread and add more trouble too it. I love Michael Vick the football player. I question the judgement of Michael Vick the person. People do stupid things in life. Doesnt mean they deserve to be crucified for it.

In the real world if you get into trouble on your job and you are put on final job warning then you go and do something that you know is clearly against the rules that makes you an idiot. Thats my point here. He is not bright to add fuel to the fire.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:04 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
Thats a stupid thing to say if this was a normal person you wouldent say this he deserves what ever jail time he gets probaly about a year get his suspension for the dog fighting then for the failed drug test which im pretty positive is four games and i wouldent be suprised if some team picks him up in 2010
If this were a normal person, he'd have NO chance of returning to his former job.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I couldn't agree more with BrianH and Citybythebay! Anyone that can take innocent animals that could of had wonderful lives as loved family pets and abuses them, neglects them, tortures them, makes them fight for their lives and then kills them if they survive is a sick, twisted, pathetic person! In my opinion, this piece of s*** doesn't even deserve to live! He is a waist of everything! I can't believe that someone could defend someone that tortures and kills animals, but they can't defend them anymore after they smoked some pot! lmao! I do not agree with anyone smoking pot or doing any kind of drugs, but in my opinion torturing and killing animals is a whole lot worse than smoking some pot!
Michael Vick is wrong for what he did. Dont get me wrong, but Ray Lewis was involved in a murder of a person and got away with it. Jamal Lewis was in a bunch of trouble and was able to continue with his career. It just sucks that some people get away with some things while other get crucified. Like I said in my prior post I love Michael Vick the athlete and I have no problem freely admitting that. I might not agree with his actions and what he stands for but I can put that seperate and say I enjoy him as a football player.

He may never play again in the NFL and if that happens its his own fault. But if he is given another chance to play I can watch him as a player and seperate that from his actions off the field. And as much as all of these people say he is a piece of crap or whatever......if he would be given another chance and comes to your city and leads you to the playoffs or better yet the superbowl and even better than that a superbowl victory who will really care about all of the trouble he is in now. Not many because most sports fans are fair weather fans. They are all into what have you done for me lately. Its just the nature of sports fans.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Vick is Morbius

Anybody remember that comic villian, Morbius? I thought Vick always resembled this character. I suspected that in private he had far more serious things going on than dogfighting. Dogfighting may be the tip of the iceberg with Vick.

Anyway, I don't feel any pity for a man who is given such an opportunity, but blows it like this. He should've known better. Same goes for Orenthal.

I'd like for Vick to disappear and be forgotten about. Time to make room for new talent, old school type athletes who appreciate the opportunity and make the most of it. We need more talents like Montana, Rice, Lott, Lynn Swan, Favre, and the late Walter Payton.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
I tried to defend this clown, but I just cant do it anymore. Hate to say I am turning my back on him, but I just cant support him anymore.
THis quote says otherwise. You did defend him. And in the real world people dont fight dogs. And in the real world, I would loose my job over Federal charges like that.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Maybe they can get the whole thing moved to L.A. County where all the rich and famous go free!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
THis quote says otherwise. You did defend him. And in the real world people dont fight dogs. And in the real world, I would loose my job over Federal charges like that.
People do fight dogs in the real world. What do you think its a rich folk only business. There was a big story about it in Pittsburgh a while back. The problem with Michael Vick is that he has tons of money to fund it and got caught. According to other athletes not just NFL athletes its a huge thing among players. It was pretty much kept on the hush until the Vick thing. I dont believe the others that were into stopped right away, they probably just stopped the video taping of it. Dog fighting is a big deal and happens everday in the poor world and the world of the rich and the famous.

I dont defend the actions but that doesnt mean I cant appreciate his god given talent. And if he does get another chance in the NFL I hope he does well. I'm not going to hope for his failure given a mistake his has made in his personal life. I bet you there are millions of people in Atlanta that would forgive and forget in a heartbeat if he were permited to play right now and give the Falcons a chance to win instead of watch that garbage of a QB Joey Harrington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football